Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

Thank you everyone for photos information speculation and all...such fun!

So exited to be on spring 19 TA with lots of time to explore.

The lighting in all the areas is amazing and the natural light by the pool particularly is fab. Just glad Im not the window cleaner on board!

12 minutes ago, Ox Fan Cruiser said:

Would this ne the crew pool?

Edge crew pool.jpg

No. That’s the spa and pool in The Retreat for Suite guests. Thanks for posting! It looks like it’s coming along nicely 

Edited by Mcampo

Earlier we had a discussion on what was in the blank spot immediately next to the bridge... after the suites that are on this deck. Since the two slots on both starboard and port were not on the deck plan, we assumed that there might be cabins or other space for the bridge crew. We know that the Captain is always nearby. So that could be a lounge or even Captain or other officers cabin. The first passenger cabin next to bridge is a suite.. so you might see the balcony from the flying bridge... but not likely see into those cabins. That might be one reason for not having passenger cabin immediately next to the bridge.  

The ship is looking great... They appear to be doing a lot with LED lighting.  I recall when they first came out with LED Christmas lights.... I thought they looked garish... used to more subtle colors. But as time has gone on, I have generally adjusted to the more intense colors you can get with LEDs. Reminds me of how vivid the colors are in the Caribbean compared to the very very subtle colors of the Arizona desert. When I first went to AZ I thought everything looked brown, but after a day or so I could see the subtle pinks and violets of the wild flowers.  

Looking forward to seeing it when it is all done.

On 10/27/2018 at 1:05 PM, Esprit said:

Following the handover to Celebrity, the crew are having a massive party in the Grand Plaza.

The handover also means that the ship will no longer be alcohol free!

I've been promised some pictures from the party, but they maybe early ones before it gets messy!

I hope they have a fantastic party! I’ll look forward to the photos😊

Thanks for the photo  post and video..

All very retro sixties stuff.. like a floating Day Glo light show at sea.

Have to bring my tinted  shades!

I prefer the colors of nature.. but will take it all in! 

Just now, hcat said:

Thanks for the photo  post and video..

All very retro sixties stuff as opposed to cutting edge!

Like a floating Day Glo light show at sea.

Have to bring my tinted  shades!

I prefer the colors of nature.. but will take it all in! 

9 hours ago, Esprit said:

This is going to be fun to watch day or night👍

It does look fun. 
I'm unclear where people are supposed to lay out in the sun? I don't see much room for the amount of passengers. The chair hogs will be out with chair clips at 5:30 am to get the 100 chairs around the pool. I've noticed about 50-75 more chairs on the deck above by the funnel in some of the renderings, but on a sea day it's not going to be a good scene. Even the suite area doesn't appear to have many chaise lounges around that foot bath in the renderings. Plus this pool deck really won't be very sunny other than for about 2-3 hours a day the way it's sunken in. Maybe we can just bring a bunch of towels to the rooftop garden? I'm not sure what the options will be?

4 hours ago, Naughty&Nautical said:

It does look fun. 
I'm unclear where people are supposed to lay out in the sun? I don't see much room for the amount of passengers. The chair hogs will be out with chair clips at 5:30 am to get the 100 chairs around the pool. I've noticed about 50-75 more chairs on the deck above by the funnel in some of the renderings, but on a sea day it's not going to be a good scene. Even the suite area doesn't appear to have many chaise lounges around that foot bath in the renderings. Plus this pool deck really won't be very sunny other than for about 2-3 hours a day the way it's sunken in. Maybe we can just bring a bunch of towels to the rooftop garden? I'm not sure what the options will be?

I saw some pictures of loungers on the pool ledge. Dont think the hoggers will want to put their things in the pool!

I do wish Edge would offer something to address the biggest cause of irritation and aggression on the pool deck.

Why not a reservation system through the app and if you arent sitting there after 15 mins the chair is released to be re booked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tony UK said:

I saw some pictures of loungers on the pool ledge. Dont think the hoggers will want to put their things in the pool!

I do wish Edge would offer something to address the biggest cause of irritation and aggression on the pool deck.

Why not a reservation system through the app and if you arent sitting there after 15 mins the chair is released to be re booked. 

That’s an excellent suggestion.

1 minute ago, cruise47 said:

I think 1/2 hour makes sense.  15 minutes too soon.  Some cabins are pretty far from the pool deck, and people need reasonable time to go to their cabin-do what they must, then return.  I agree as a person who enjoys sitting by the adult pool and enjoying a lounge-so we do get up and sit early.  

We do however get their early, but leave early.  I witness many people just dropping down towels and personal items then going away for hours.  Also, some decide to get both sun and shade seating-also selfish.  But you have to be sure the person isn't in the pool or hot tub as many sit in the water for more then 1/2 hour.  

We get out early to the outside pool or Solarium to enjoy the relative peace and quiet.  Dh does his puzzles while I enjoy the pools .

As the crowds, noise  increase, we vacate the area,  but I agree that loungers will be at a premium.  Solarium pool looks a bit small and only 1 hot tub (?)

But we are hoping the Thermal Suites/ Persian Gardens will be awesome,,,,and hopefuly no bright neon colored lights !

This year on Silhouette there was a big problem with chair hogs both on the pool deck and inside the ship in some lounges.

On the pool deck people left their dirty towels so you couldnt tell if they were free or not. 

We are in a suite this time so we'll have to wait and see.

Coming out of the fog, like a Phoenix rising from the sea, or a magnificent ship readying for her debut to the world.....

image.png.80ef0330c82c7f3621194bc3251a7836.png

Credit and thanks to brunoh for this photo posted on ShipSpotting.com, October 26, 2018.

Edited by beachbunny6
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

44963488_10217244935616485_4997695542730424320_n.jpg

44909870_10217244940976619_1425511984983441408_n.jpg

45011713_10217244940656611_1685424271658057728_n.jpg

44941806_10217244933896442_809197277657694208_n.jpg

44846132_10217244934096447_7004615871888883712_n.jpg

45062825_10217244940376604_5671370126704771072_n.jpg

Very nice photos,  but the ship is lit up like a neon sign...

we may well need those  dark window shades on our enclosed window verandas (EWV)....happy we are not on the MC side which seems hyper lit...