Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

1 minute ago, blueboro said:

Now that is one ugly eyesore...maybe practical but looks like something on a freighter.

Will the big orange U shape move down with the MC or is that part of the fixed framework?

Lloyd - Thanks for they photo updates.

So what happened to adding the name "EDGE" on the funnel? From one of your recent photos above, part of the side of the funnel has blue/white lighting, but cannot tell if any lettering is there. Maybe they are still working on it?

35 minutes ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

Lloyd - Thanks for they photo updates.

So what happened to adding the name "EDGE" on the funnel? From one of your recent photos above, part of the side of the funnel has blue/white lighting, but cannot tell if any lettering is there. Maybe they are still working on it?

Maybe they will install it, but will not throw the switch and light it up until Wednesday when they take ownership?  Like a grand surprise!  An AAAAH-HAAAA moment!  And a big OOOOOOOH, too!

I'm a lurker, but check in weekly (ok, maybe daily, especially as the Edge launch grows closer!) and I really love the pictures and the updates that Lloyd and VTCruiser share! 

It's so exciting to see!

We have an ENTIRE YEAR to wait for our Edge cruise! We're doing our very first transatlantic from Rome in November 2019. I am beside myself with excitement. 

I'm tuned in to see all the pre-cruise and pre pre-cruise pictures and reports. It's been a long time since I've been this excited. How fun! :classic_biggrin:

• Like 3

But, WAIT!  Maybe it is the DEEG!!  

Either way, I don't think it is nearly as tacky or ugly as some of the other decor items.  Good thing we are all entitled to our own opinions, huh?  I think there is enough new about our Edge, that we can all find something to love, even if it is not everything.  

1 hour ago, Bertram4me said:

I am sure that someone (VT/Lloyd?) has the current timeline for the following:

Turnover to Celebrity:

Depart France for Bahamas:

Arrive Ft Lauderdale:

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Oct 31 delivered to X

Nov 6 sails across the Atlantic to Freeport, Bahamas for 4 days for final touches

Nov 19 @ 9 AM arrives in FLL!! 🍾

Edited by vtcruising

11 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

But, WAIT!  Maybe it is the DEEG!!  

Either way, I don't think it is nearly as tacky or ugly as some of the other decor items.  Good thing we are all entitled to our own opinions, huh?  I think there is enough new about our Edge, that we can all find something to love, even if it is not everything.  

If I had seen all of the neon and colors a couple years ago, I might have felt differently, because a lot of it isn't my taste. Now, I just giggle when a new neon delight is discovered. After the initial complaining many of us did about Kelly Hoppen's greige decor, it is a big joke on us to see all this color and lights. I'll take it all - somehow it is working for me - it just makes me happy to see all of the creativity. I hope I love it in person as well (and I'll bring lots of Excedrin for my migraines). :classic_smile:

6 hours ago, beachbunny6 said:

Once again, thanks, Lloyd, for more great photos!

Anyone have any guess as to what the big blue thing is in the rounded area forward of the MC?  Looks like the Solarium on Deck 14, but what are they covering with the blue?  

image.png.807efd1cd9586353ff402b0b6bb1e04e.png

I don't think they are covering anything. I think what you are seeing is some blue neon lighting reflected in the Solarium roof. 

2 minutes ago, Host Jazzbeau said:

I've been waiting for one of LLP's 'fans' to ask where the missing 'R' is that should go between the 'G' and the first 'E' :classic_wink:

Not me, I'm still hoping she will invite me to her Iconic Suite onboard! I'll stick with GEED. :classic_biggrin:

If you see her and get chummy.....tell her I saw a great jacket for her gold wardrobe in the Nieman Marcus Fall Sale Catalog...  definitely cool with those sneakers!

Photo does not do it justice!  But if I buy it we would be twins!

20181029_205127.jpg

Edited by hcat
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

I don't think they are covering anything. I think what you are seeing is some blue neon lighting reflected in the Solarium roof. 

I am going to need  some neon free spaces .......enough  already!