Celebrity Edge's Blocks Are In The House!

Lloyd555

3 minutes ago, Esprit said:

She is very excited but there's lots of hard work ahead. The ship is so innovative the challenges are big and many!

she said it's weird not to have passengers on board now they are sailing🤔

Their peace will end 3 weeks from today!

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Great shot - the old with the new... Thanks Lloyd and Géraldine Joigneault !

Géraldine Joigneault  9.jpg

Ditto times a gazillion!  With inclusion of everyone who has posted all the wonderful updates and photos since this board started.  Thank you all (VT, hcat, Tall Cruiser, and EVERYONE!) more than words can convey!

Edited by beachbunny6

I can't believe that CC choked yesterday right after this picture. I tried to explain the horse to my family yesterday and they just nodded and smiled - they know now that I've lost it. :classic_rolleyes:

I now call him Mr. Edge:

Mike  12.jpg

BTW, did anyone see them sneak a VW bus onboard last night?   Maybe they will load that in FLL....

30 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I can't believe that CC choked yesterday right after this picture. I tried to explain the horse to my family yesterday and they just nodded and smiled - they know now that I've lost it. :classic_rolleyes:

I now call him Mr. Edge:

Mike  12.jpg

BTW, did anyone see them sneak a VW bus onboard last night?   Maybe they will load that in FLL....

Marilyn - I now believe that you are the most clever Edgie of us all!  Mr. Edge.  Sorry, but I cannot stop laughing - that is classic!  BTW, yes, I am laughing through happy tears, seeing our beloved Edge leaving the dock in Saint Nazaire and beginning her career at sea.  It is a VERY exciting day for everyone, and I am so grateful that I have been able to witness it via all the great posts by you and Lloyd and everyone here at CC.  It has given me joy to be a part of this amazing journey, and I thank you all.

Edited by beachbunny6

38 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Thanks for the link!

Just switched on to find that she is moving. I thought it was going to be later this afternoon. Ohhh excited !

Just checked Marine Traffic. Is it me or is she still moving backwards out of the docks?

Just checked again and she doesn't seem to be moving at all.

How they manage to get those huge ships out of that small area is beyond me - must be like threading a needed ! Takes some skill !

Edited by Presto2

9 minutes ago, Presto2 said:

Just switched on to find that she is moving. I thought it was going to be later this afternoon. Ohhh excited !

Just checked Marine Traffic. Is it me or is she still moving backwards out of the docks?

I saw that also.  And, in Esprit's post #5209, that is the aft view, out over Eden, not the forward view.  Wonder what is going on.

And, ShipSpotting.com is showing her moored, not moving.  Sometimes, however, they are a bit slower to update and change status.

Edited by beachbunny6

59 minutes ago, Esprit said:

She is very excited but there's lots of hard work ahead. The ship is so innovative the challenges are big and many!

she said it's weird not to have passengers on board now they are sailing🤔

Peter, please give Valentina my regards and best wishes for a smooth sailing, not forgetting time for some fun😁 I am eagerly awaiting her assessment of how Edge sails on the open sea (compared to her older sisters). Thanks again to you, Valentina, and your SIL for sharing lovely photos and helpful information😊

Cheers,

Michelle

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, beachbunny6 said:

I saw that also.  And, in Esprit's post #5209, that is the aft view, out over Eden, not the forward view.  Wonder what is going on.

And, ShipSpotting.com is showing her moored, not moving.  Sometimes, however, they are a bit slower to update and change status.

Oh, she's moving again now !!!!

Edited by Presto2
She moved !

21 hours ago, Tall-Cruiser said:

I also thought it looked cool, sleek, nice and different. Granted some don't like it, that's okay a we all have different taste. 

You may find this funny, but when I first saw the photos I thought "Lord of The Rings" :classic_biggrin:

I agree with you😂 It’s interesting how many different expressions of “organic” and “nature” we’ve seen on Edge. I do see shades of “Whoville” on the open decks, Gaudi in some of the interior, and yes, “Tolkien” in these gorgeous metallic “trunks”. Yet each artist and designer used the “organic” theme to created something fresh, imaginative, and beautiful for Edge. I can’t wait for April!

4 minutes ago, Lloyd555 said:

A photo & screen grab from one of the pilots onboard.

DrKXr28WwAAPDe9.jpg

sc.jpg

Wow, amazing to see the marine traffic images coming alive on these photos. So excited today - there's nothing like a new ship taking off for her first proper sea crossing :-) Thank you so much for your photos

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Silkroad said:

I agree with you😂 It’s interesting how many different expressions of “organic” and “nature” we’ve seen on Edge. I do see shades of “Whoville” on the open decks, Gaudi in some of the interior, and yes, “Tolkien” in these gorgeous metallic “trunks”. Yet each artist and designer used the “organic” theme to created something fresh, imaginative, and beautiful for Edge. I can’t wait for April!

Thanks, this helped me wrap my head around all of the various design styles - I now see there is an overall theme. I am such a Gaudi fan because of the whimsy and fun surprises (knowing he has that nature theme with deeper meanings that you may or may not wish to consider) that I think that is why I'm loving these fun, whimsical discoveries. 🤩

1 hour ago, vtcruising said:

I now call him Mr. Edge:

Mike  12.jpg

MR EDGE...Maybe we can make him a nice blanket..

Does anyone recall the horse races on Royal C with the decorated horses..The whole ship got into it big time.  Hmm maybe something fun for EDGE?