Cafe bacio...bad news

ghstudio

Not at Cafe Al Bacio but on the Cova Cafe on the old Century, they had, bar none, the best lemon meringue pie that I've ever had in my entire life. I am not even much of a sweet tooth but always look for that pie when I pass by the dessert case in Cafe Al Bacio.

If it is true that the Cafe will be offering a more limited selection of pastries, it is a poor decision by Celebrity management. In my opinion, the Cafe should be increased in size, and the range of pastries and sandwiches should be expanded. The Cafe is often full to capacity, and it is ridiculous for passengers to have to stand around waiting for someone to leave so a seat becomes available. The cut backs over the years have been annoying, but if this one is true, it is not just annoying -- it is foolish. Celebrity, when you have a good feature like the Café you should make every effort to enhance it and not diminish it.

They may make it if you request it.

I love the pecan pie. Had not seen it so I asked for it and sure enough, next day there is was. I had two pieces. Yum.

I am definitely going to try this ... just this once as that pie was amazing. It really isn't like they don't give me enough food already ... just never had pie that was that good before. Thanks for the suggestion.

That's odd... ChucktownSteve is doing a review of his current trip on the Equinox and he posted a pic of all the goodies at Cafe al Bacio.

See post #85 of the following thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2430527&highlight=bacio&page=4

As this photo is from the current sailing, the opp's claim is apparently inaccurate. They serve different items at different times of the day; perhaps the opp was simply confused.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If this thread is to get people upset about one of the very best places to get something sweet, along with a nice little coffee drink...bite your tongue...it is NOT working! We will all fight to the death to keep our fav little cafe open on each ship or something really bad is going to happen...really bad!!!!:eek:

Not at Cafe Al Bacio but on the Cova Cafe on the old Century, they had, bar none, the best lemon meringue pie that I've ever had in my entire life. I am not even much of a sweet tooth but always look for that pie when I pass by the dessert case in Cafe Al Bacio.

i too had excellent lemon meringue pie ...dont remember which ship but it was definitely at BACIO ... i look for it every time we sail

The special pastries that you used to find at cafe bacio are no longer. On the equinox, you have the same cakes, etc that you get at various times in the mdr or ocean view. The fruit tarts a very small, etc.

I guess it's another cut back....or maybe they've upgraded the desserts in the mdr and ocean view. You decide....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Respectfully, you are definitely due for a change to another cruise line.

Try to enjoy your cruise.

It's been a few years but I really miss the Black and White cookies and the little ham sandwiches. We used to take the sandwiches wrapped on our excursions (Cafe Al Bacio's suggestion)

We had black & white cookies on Reflection last month. They were not at Al Bacio, but at the Oceanview Café.

I'm on the Eclipes now and there are a lot of different pastries in Cafe al Bacio. It changes depending what time of day it is. We had carrot cake and chocolate cake and cookies. My husband loves the eclairs. I'm sitting by the window now drinking a cappuccino! :)

That's odd... ChucktownSteve is doing a review of his current trip on the Equinox and he posted a pic of all the goodies at Cafe al Bacio.

See post #85 of the following thread:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2430527&highlight=bacio&page=4

And, his post #244 shows morning offerings, which even includes doughnuts!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I will check again....the only two times I looked, everything had been served elsewhere at some point during the cruise.....maybe that's the way it's always been...but I recall getting larger fruit tarts at CB on previous cruises.

I will check again....the only two times I looked, everything had been served elsewhere at some point during the cruise.....maybe that's the way it's always been...but I recall getting larger fruit tarts at CB on previous cruises.

New Head Line.

Celebrity expands the offerings in the Oceanview cafe by sometimes offering items similar in quality to the ones offered in the Cafe Bacio.

Sounds better.

New Head Line.

Celebrity expands the offerings in the Oceanview cafe by sometimes offering items similar in quality to the ones offered in the Cafe Bacio.

Sounds better.

Great way of looking at it. Guess it depends if you are a glass half empty or half full find of person.

And, his post #244 shows morning offerings, which even includes doughnuts!

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Yes, just finished my morning latte and Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut. Husband had an Americano and an apple turnover AND an almond croissant. [emoji18]