Cafe bacio...bad news

ghstudio

The special pastries that you used to find at cafe bacio are no longer. On the equinox, you have the same cakes, etc that you get at various times in the mdr or ocean view. The fruit tarts a very small, etc.

I guess it's another cut back....or maybe they've upgraded the desserts in the mdr and ocean view. You decide....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I will add it to my list...along with the herring that's gone, the tasteless every day chicken noodle soup with no noodles in ocean view, the missing peperocini and hot peppers at the salad bars, the lack of iced tea at most of the drink stations including aqua spa cafe and the lack of any special sandwiches of the day in ocean view. The new fresh orange juice is terrible unless it's free which is what it's worth. There really have been cutbacks.

Edited by ghstudio

The special pastries that you used to find at cafe bacio are no longer. On the equinox, you have the same cakes, etc that you get at various times in the mdr or ocean view. The fruit tarts a very small, etc.

I guess it's another cut back....or maybe they've upgraded the desserts in the mdr and ocean view. You decide....

Any chance you can snap a picture of the case and post it when you return from your trip?

If that is the case, please make a comment and a request when the questionnaires come around. That may get the attention.

I love all that stuff at the Cafe and if it is no longer there, I will be whining.

I would sneak away from my wife everyday and gorge on the cookies and pastries there. Why do they keep screwing around a good thing? They had great carrot cake in particular.

Edited by PoppyandNana

We would check out the desserts at Café al Bacio before we go to dinner, then skip dessert from the dining room and head to al Bacio for dessert and a cappuccino. On our last TA on Reflection, the desserts really sucked -- they looked good, but tasted like crap. Never had that happen on any other Celebrity ship. They need to get a new dessert chef, and I mentioned that on my comment card.

I guess what used to be our go-to place now looks like it's even worst.

Yeah, modern luxury. :rolleyes:

I've been 'eh' about most of the cutbacks, don't care about the toiletries or the little pillow chocolates. Didn't mind the single steward, since he did a great job. Table service in Select MDR was disorganized. I was sad to see the little sandwiches were no longer offered at the Cafe Bacio in the afternoon, but we still, had the little cakes and cookies for an evening treat. Now they're hitting me where it hurts.

Would like to see clarification / confirmation of this. When on the Summit in April, the items at Cafe al Bacio were fantastic, but the selection frequently changed over the course of the day and from one day to the next. Did the OP witness what was offered over a few days at least?

I noticed they had more goodies in the oceanview at 4 pm on my recent Constellation cruise. As long as they don't eliminate the scones and oatmeal cookies I'm fine. Less worry about gaining weight.:D

Most of the other deserts are not worth the calories IMO.

We were on Equinox in November. They had muffins, cookies, etc.... As well as different cakes in evenings. We had Peanut Butter Cake and also Coconut. I saw Carrot Cake. So, unless they just made this cut in December, it could very well been at a turnover time, when there was nothing there.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

Loved those oatmeal cookies.

We are on the Silhouette now and I can't tell any difference in the free goodies now that I have seen in the past. Also, there are several containers of cookies on top of the pastery case.

Yay! Oatmeal or PB are our favorites.

I noticed they had more goodies in the oceanview at 4 pm on my recent Constellation cruise. As long as they don't eliminate the scones and oatmeal cookies I'm fine. Less worry about gaining weight.:D

Most of the other deserts are not worth the calories IMO.

Agree with the oatmeal cookies! They disappear and I will be very sad. It is bad enough that I will no longer be able to have my butler leave one for me every afternoon. (I know, first world problem.)

We are on the Silhouette now and I can't tell any difference in the free goodies now that I have seen in the past. Also, there are several containers of cookies on top of the pastery case.

I am not much for cookies and cakes so I didn't pay much attention but I noticed cakes on Reflection last week at the Cafe. I had great Berliners a couple of days at the Cafe. Try them if they have them on Silhouette.

Edited by Charles4515