What to pack in embarkation day bag.

Please forgive any typos, I'm on my phone.

First time cruisers here - 14 days to go and I'm starting to write my lists. So exciting.

I know I've read threads (can't find them now, of course) with lists of things to pack for embarkation day since our bags will be on their way to our room, eg swimmers, sunscreen etc.

What do you pack for the first day?

Thanks for any ideas :)

Welcome to the wonderful world of cruising! We alway put ship boarding pass, passports, pen to fill out health questionnaire, swim suit, flip,flops ( if not already wearing them), sunglasses, sun screen, anything valuable like phone, iPad, binoculars, camera... I always use a small purse on cruises that will fit in this carry on backpack too.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Everything! All we pack are 22" roller bags for the entire cruise. Duffel bag on the side if it's anything longer than 9 days or so ;-) I guess that's what happens when you travel for a living. You REALLY learn what you need and don't need.

I'll echo Bob with medications and 1st night dinner clothes. Don't forget passports, documents, sunscreen, and anything else you think you'll need to be comfortable in case your luggage comes after dinner.

I always pack a 3/4 day supply of clothes in my carry on in case the checked bag is late or lost. This is a mixture of day & evening clothes. Pack in your carry on anything you would want while waiting for the main luggage. Medication, toiletries, swim suit, camera. The final week i put everything such as documents, travel information etc in one location, where ever your going to pack and double check to make sure you have everything, then get ready to have a wonderful cruise.

Crism if I hadn't had to bring extra stuff for our Roll Call I could have lived the 15 days out of my 22 " carry on.:)

I'll agree with everything above and add makeup, night clothes and any must haves for that first evening. Don't forget charging cords for electronics. Can't figure out people manage 7 days in a 22" though! I always take extra, though I know I shouldn't. (Though I have done a weekend wedding with formal wear in a 22"). Have a great time!

Clothes for dinner, in case the bags don't come in time.

Medications.

Are 13 cruises we still take a boarding photo so we wear smart casual clothes on board that we can wear to dinner. Our bag has our swimsuits and pool shoes and I'm carrying my camera bag.

All your electronics. Phone, tablet, laptop, camera.

I usually walk around the ship on embarkation day before the muster drill and take all my pictures of the ship. The various venues are generally all empty (except the buffet and pools) and it's the best time to get your pictures out of the way while you wait for your bags to arrive at your room.

Seeing that this is your first cruise you don't need to pack this but this may help you to have a great cruise.

Patients "for people that have none"

A Positive attitude "for why people are rude"

A sense of humor "for the little mistakes that you may make"

And a big stick for the people that have non of the above.:D

• Like 1

Seeing that this is your first cruise you don't need to pack this but this may help you to have a great cruise.

Good think they don't let me take the stick, maybe a walking cane can double.;) Good post though.

I can get away with my meds, some shorts/t shirt to lounge in, a a few basic toiletries, any valuable electronics and my CPAP. My wife will not trust her make-up to the porters, and she also carries on any jewelry she may bring. She also carries all the cruise/trip paperwork.

Haha I love this!

Thank you so much everyone for the great ideas, I really appreciate it. I am so excited!!