Help! Royal Caribbeaan Experts.

desmith

I have only cruised Carnival and this upcoming summer my family wants to go on a cruise. Three out of six will be first time cruisers. We wanted to book the 7 day Southern Caribbean out of San Juan (St. Thomas, Cueacao, Aruba, St. Kitts). We are second guessing ourselves because of the ship Adventure of the Seas. This ship was just refurbished except for the staterooms. My mom doesn't want a run down room. So, we are also considering the Oasis 7 day out of Orlando (Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Martin). Advise please!! Do we go for the older ship with more ports or the much better ship in my opinion with fewer ports?

We've been to the Southern Caribbean on Adventure the past 2 years (before the refurbishment). We've going again in May with 2 other couples. I can't many people being disappointed with this ship or it's itinerary. We would be going without the other couples if we thought they would not like the ship.

I have only cruised Carnival and this upcoming summer my family wants to go on a cruise. Three out of six will be first time cruisers. We wanted to book the 7 day Southern Caribbean out of San Juan (St. Thomas, Cueacao, Aruba, St. Kitts). We are second guessing ourselves because of the ship Adventure of the Seas. This ship was just refurbished except for the staterooms. My mom doesn't want a run down room. So, we are also considering the Oasis 7 day out of Orlando (Nassau, St. Thomas, St. Martin). Advise please!! Do we go for the older ship with more ports or the much better ship in my opinion with fewer ports?

Which is more important to you (and your group)? The ship or the ports?

Oasis is a great ship in excellent condition - I just sailed on her three weeks ago; I haven't been on the Adventure yet. I have been on the Explorer just a few months ago, and she is a year older than Adventure. I would not hesitate to recommend the ship.

They are not outdated. Carnival has more outdated rooms for example the Carnival Triumph, Victory, Elation, Paradise, etc.. Now those rooms are UGLY!

Now the Carnival Breeze... That room was the best I've ever sailed in.

Edited by DisneyDatknee

Which is more important to you (and your group)? The ship or the ports?

This!^^^^^^ While I wouldn't hesitate sailing Adventure (we are in March), these are different cruise experiences. Oasis is a the better ship and Adventure is the better itinerary.

No question the Oasis class has more to offer than the Voyager class ships. And if your main concern is the ship than go with Oasis. However, if you want to experience the southern Caribbean, Adventure is a fine ship to sail on. We have done several southern Caribbean sailing on this ship. We have not been disappointed.

I have been on both ships, and the final choice always comes down to the island that are in the itinerary and the cost to get to the port.

BUT in this case.... this one would be a hard one for me to choose..... I really like the Eastern Leg on the Oasis (St. Thomas and St. Maarten), but also like the Southern Leg on the Adventure.

I am not a port person, and do like the sailing time between ports. Both ships are nice ships, are well kept up, and have a ton of things to do. The Adventure may be older, but in no way is it in poorer condition.

The AOS is more expensive than the Oasis, both in cruise cost and flights to SJU, so if I had to choose it would be the Oasis.

Just because the Adventure is a older ship doesn't mean the staterooms will be as you say run down. We've sailed the Adventure 4 times with no complaints about the condition of the ship, our stateroom or any other public areas.

Our room on Adventure was great last Feb! Our only complaints were: our drinks guy at dinner was beyond awful, some of the public areas were showing their age, and we think there was a septic issue- some of the public places smelled sewery for most of the trip. Hopefully the dry dock fixes those issues :). The itinerary was fantastic!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Our room on Adventure was great last Feb! Our only complaints were: our drinks guy at dinner was beyond awful, some of the public areas were showing their age, and we think there was a septic issue- some of the public places smelled sewery for most of the trip. Hopefully the dry dock fixes those issues :). The itinerary was fantastic!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I have been on a brand-new ship and smelled sewage in some areas occasionally.

We've sailed AOS twice with a considerable amount of time between sailings and the most recent in 2015. Wasn't disappointed with the condition of the ship either time. Great itineraries trumps any minor signs of age. With that being said, we're sailing OOS in June '17 and chose the sailing based on ship rather than itinerary as it will be our first Oasis sailing.

Was on the Adventure last year before her dry dock. Thought she was beautifully maintained. We did the same itinerary and it was great!! I didn't find the Allure to be that much better than the Adventure- but I do agree if you want a brand new ship. Do Harmony- she's beautiful in every corner!!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Was on Adventure almost one year ago (before her refit). We had absolutely no issues with our stateroom, it was nice and clean, and we really didn't spend much time in there anyway.

Now with them adding the Flow Rider and other water slides, I wouldn't hesitate to book the Adventure again.