Carnival LGBT friendly?

Seadreamer113

Hello everyone,

Going on my second cruise with Carnival in a few week's and wondered how gay friendly Carnival Cruises can be nowadays. There's a lot going on in the world right now and I just wanted to see if Carnival is still a fun and safe place for LGBT people since November.

Thanks!

In my experience on Carnival cruising out of Florida, Texas and NOLA, I don't think anyone cares if you are LGBTQ. There are many FOD meet ups (maybe even daily) and certainly many of the employees are LGBTQ. Just keep in mind normal vacation safety precautions and you will have a great cruise.

Edited by SuiteTraveler

We cruise Carnival a lot and they have LGTB meetings posted in the Fun Times. I don't think they are everyday but those at this meeting can just get together on their own too.

We have had no trouble eating with gay couples at night in the dining room. Who knows or even cares if same sex people travel together- can be family or just friends, don't have to be gay.

Because, unfortunately, not everyone accepts people who are different from themselves.

Please don't worry about it. Unless you plan to be hanging all over you partner and being inappropriate in public places, no one will know or care what your lifestyle is. Most people do not enjoy ANY couple being "inappropriate in public". Go and have fun!!:D

I will echo the fellow cruisers on this board and say that I have never seen anyone giving LGBT passengers a hard time or treating them differently. Most people just want to have a great vacation! I know that Carnival often hosts LGBT get-togethers regularly, usually in one of the lounges/bars. I understand your concern, because the world has become a scary place lately, but I don't think you need to worry about your cruise vacation.

Because, unfortunately, not everyone accepts people who are different from themselves.

Yes, but the media of this culture has perpetuated a myth of hysteria that to promote a political advantage. Without some balance, folks will naturally have a concern. There are of course folks in all demographics who behave badly, but that would come under the "Bad Manners" discussion passengers of all cultures and lifestyles, even gay.

Burt

I don't understand the question. Why would anyone know or care about your sexual preference. :confused:

Because there are cruel people with nothing better to do than bully and be rude to people who are different from them. I'm surprised I have to point this out.

Media myth.

Burt

Agreed. I live in a very conservative area of the country and the people I call friends, neighbors and coworkers would never mistreat someone because of thier sexual preferences. Not even since November.

Edited by Athankfulheart
edited to fix typo

Because there are cruel people with nothing better to do than bully and be rude to people who are different from them. I'm surprised I have to point this out.

And how would you know that one is "different from them?"

Hank

In all my many cruises, over 90, I can't tell if someone is gay, straight, bi, trans or anything else, and I don't give a hoot either. As long as everyone is decent, kind, respectful and fun, who cares how a person identifies. And, might I point out that even those who choose to be jerks against a person's life choices, that has been going on for a whole lot longer than this past November.

In all my many cruises, over 90, I can't tell if someone is gay, straight, bi, trans or anything else, and I don't give a hoot either. As long as everyone is decent, kind, respectful and fun, who cares how a person identifies. And, might I point out that even those who choose to be jerks against a person's life choices, that has been going on for a whole lot longer than this past November.

Excellent post, Kitty!!!:)

Well said. ;)