AARP Carnival Gift Cards

helene109

13 minutes ago, tw67 said:

Don't get to hung up on that.  It is Carnival Corporation, so they could be any combination of Princess, Holland America, Seabourn, P&O, Costa, Aida or Cunard ships.  

I realize that all 6 would not all be from Carnival Cruise, LOL, that would wipe out over 20% of their ships.  It was implied that there would be even more to come but you have to assume that it would not be more than two ships from any of the specific brands.

• Haha 1

I realize this post won't mean anything the moment I post one more time, but I noticed that I was at 4,999 posts. Don't mind me, I'm having a moment. LOL I think a little bit of OCD kicked in because I wanted my 5,000th post to be part of a positive thread instead of one of those negative ones. We do good work here and I'm happy to have been part of this thread for so long.

No, Joe, I'm not crying! I got something in my eye when I was chopping wood while wrestling a bear.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Organized Chaos said:

I realize this post won't mean anything the moment I post one more time, but I noticed that I was at 4,999 posts. Don't mind me, I'm having a moment. LOL I think a little bit of OCD kicked in because I wanted my 5,000th post to be part of a positive thread instead of one of those negative ones. We do good work here and I'm happy to have been part of this thread for so long.

No, Joe, I'm not crying! I got something in my eye when I was chopping wood while wrestling a bear.

Congrats on obtaining your 5k posts! Cheers! 🥂

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

You deserve a moment.  Enjoy it, and I hope you enjoy your January cruise.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Joe817 said:

Congrats on obtaining your 5k posts! Cheers! 🥂

35 minutes ago, bury me at sea said:

You deserve a moment.  Enjoy it, and I hope you enjoy your January cruise.

Sorry to say, the moment didn't last. Post 5,001 was right back knee deep in the mud. 😆

Joe, I did take you and TNcruising's advice about using the ignore button, but evidently I'm still not using it enough.

8 minutes ago, Organized Chaos said:

Sorry to say, the moment didn't last. Post 5,001 was right back knee deep in the mud. 😆

Joe, I did take you and TNcruising's advice about using the ignore button, but evidently I'm still not using it enough.

You're a good man Charlie Brown, despite what my wife says about you. :classic_laugh:......JUST KIDDING!!  Yes, the ignore button was a great invention for lowering the stress levels. 

4 hours ago, SNJCruisers said:

Are you sure it wasn't when you were chopping onions to make the holy trinity?

That sounds like ingredients for New Orleans cooking! Have you been taking cooking lessons from Emeril? 

On 6/19/2020 at 10:21 AM, SNJCruisers said:

I realize that all 6 would not all be from Carnival Cruise, LOL, that would wipe out over 20% of their ships.  It was implied that there would be even more to come but you have to assume that it would not be more than two ships from any of the specific brands.

Carnival owns 107 ships according to the article I read. They are getting rid of six earlier than scheduled. Apparently they are old and from the 90's. The article was in Forbes I believe.                                                           Bob

13 hours ago, CABO BOB said:

Carnival owns 107 ships according to the article I read. They are getting rid of six earlier than scheduled. Apparently they are old and from the 90's. The article was in Forbes I believe.                                                           Bob

I feel like the '90's was not that long ago!  I am really feeling old!! 

Terry

ps...I will just slink back to listening to my '80's music leaving two spaces after each period... 🙂

• Like 1

Ok, back to topic!  Just looked, still only $500 cards.  I am just looking for about $200, but if the $100 aren't back soon, I am going to bite the bullet and buy a $500.  

44 minutes ago, tw67 said:

Ok, back to topic!  Just looked, still only $500 cards.  I am just looking for about $200, but if the $100 aren't back soon, I am going to bite the bullet and buy a $500.  

With all the cruises cancelled and people getting credit I imagine demand for the cards has fallen off a cliff right now. Hope this doesn't affect Allstate to stop carrying the Carnival cards. They have been out of the 100 and 1000 cards for a while now and usually they refill them fairly fast.

10 hours ago, tw67 said:

We're in a similar situation. We had enough cards to pay off our Jan. cruise, but we just bought FTTF the other day using one of them, so I wanted to replace just that $100 card for now. And we wanted a couple more $100 for a few things like internet, a case of water, & whatnot, but no can do. Well, not with Allstate. We're AARP members, so I can still get $100 e-cards there, which is probably what I'll end up doing. I just don't think we need a $500 right now.

• Like 1

I just bought some 500.00 dollar cards. Still can't believe what a great deal they are. Have a bunch now for the annual family and grandkids cruise. Just not sure where we are going yet. Going to book when Carnival starts up again. On another note has anyone bought the Princess cards? They are 13% off or 435.00 for a 500.00 dollar card. Do they work the same?

Cabo Bob

Carnival has just extended the restart to October 1st 2020. Anyone sailing in August or September get premium credits or refund. Beginning to wonder if our family cruise is happening at all this year 😞.      Bob 

11 minutes ago, CABO BOB said:

Carnival has just extended the restart to October 1st 2020. Anyone sailing in August or September get premium credits or refund. Beginning to wonder if our family cruise is happening at all this year 😞.      Bob 

Sorry Bob! 😞

38 minutes ago, CABO BOB said:

It finally caught up with me as well. I’m trying for November now.