Is this you?

flutepilot

Live from the Miracle. Spotted at breakfast and lunch rush with tables at a premium:

One person at a table for 4 enjoying his/her coffee while reading or playing with phone.

Tables for four or six with dominoes, cards or chess going on.

Again, this was during the breakfast or lunch rush with people trying to find a place to sit and eat.

Is this you? If so, may the bluebird of happiness leave a large deposit on your head.

Dan

There's no rule about what activity should be happening at every chair, table or bed

Personally, I'd rather see 4 people at a table than 4 towels holding it, which I would promptly move.

And I never find I HAVE to seat at a premium eating spot. In fact, I can't ever remember not finding a table somewhere.

Live from the Miracle. Spotted at breakfast and lunch rush with tables at a premium:

One person at a table for 4 enjoying his/her coffee while reading or playing with phone.

Again, this was during the breakfast or lunch rush with people trying to find a place to sit and eat.

Is this you? If so, may the bluebird of happiness leave a large deposit on your head.

Dan

Yes this could be me on my solo cruise. Sitting at a table drinking coffee and playing with my phone. So what? Should I not be able to sit there because you want it ? Tell you what, get up earlier and maybe you can have it. Or if there are truly no more,tables available, ask nicely and sit down.

Sent from my SM-N910P using Tapatalk

Well, I have no concern with one individual sitting at a table of four by himself drinking coffee or whatever. I do agree with the OP that sitting at a table playing cards or dominoes in the buffet during prime time breakfast or lunch is rude and something I would never do unless they are eating while playing. There are plenty of other places to do that on the ship especially when there are families or seniors holding their trays standing their desperately looking for a place to sit and eat. I have some courtesy and immediately vacate the table when done eating so others can do the same. Why people hang out in the buffet is beyond me when you can do that anywhere on the ship. I also can't stand that during embarkation lunch when it's a madhouse. People simply sitting in the buffet with their carry-on luggage at a table not eating waiting for their cabin to be ready. Again, all while there are 100 people without seats standing waiting for these fools to get up and go sit in a lounge somewhere else instead. Don't be rude, let others sit who wish to eat when you are finished.

I agree with heading to the DINING room for breakfast....table service...so easy and nice!

However, if you insist on the buffet, and you see empty seats, pull out the chair and have a seat! If the person says they're "holding" the table for folks not yet there, tell them you'll be happy to leave when their friends arrive! Problem solved!

Was that you?

My husband and I sat at a Lido table for two and started to play cards after we'd finished breakfast. No one was around. A huge late breakfast/early lunch crowd descended and the place filled up quickly. I noticed one man walking around with his plate, looking for a spot. I called him over to let him know the seat next to us was available. He sat down and then reprimanded my husband and me for playing cards while people were trying to find a spot to eat.

We were not rude to play cards. You were rude to feel entitled. You're on a cruise, fun guy. Lighten up.

Dan

Dan If you are ever on the same cruise as my wife and I, and we are taking up a four top table with just two PLEASE ask to join us.

Well, I have no concern with one individual sitting at a table of four by himself drinking coffee or whatever. I do agree with the OP that sitting at a table playing cards or dominoes in the buffet during prime time breakfast or lunch is rude and something I would never do unless they are eating while playing. There are plenty of other places to do that on the ship especially when there are families or seniors holding their trays standing their desperately looking for a place to sit and eat. I have some courtesy and immediately vacate the table when done eating so others can do the same. Why people hang out in the buffet is beyond me when you can do that anywhere on the ship. I also can't stand that during embarkation lunch when it's a madhouse. People simply sitting in the buffet with their carry-on luggage at a table not eating waiting for their cabin to be ready. Again, all while there are 100 people without seats standing waiting for these fools to get up and go sit in a lounge somewhere else instead. Don't be rude, let others sit who wish to eat when you are finished.

True. There is a nice card room on Miracle as well as many lounges with tables that could be used for playing cards, dominoes, etc.

To: Flutepilot:

My sister and I can never find an available table for just two people so instead of eating standing up to eat we do take a four topper. Even if we are jus two. If you ever need a table and can't find one then by all means ask if you can share ours. We would be happy to have you join us.

Last cruise on the Conquest we decided to have dinner on the Lido with our son and his girlfriend. After we were done eating we started a game of Pass the Pig. At a table for 6 at least. If you don't like it come join us and play. It is very fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I think everything you all have said are valid... but I think if people would just chill, then we'd all be happier.

If you need a spot and all tables are full, ask to join a less full table.

If you're enjoying your cruise and playing cards while people are looking for a table, move to a different location or invite someone to join you!

Simple solutions if people on both sides of the argument would just be nicer to each other (including here on CC!).

Dan

Saw a few card and domino table hoggers on our Hawaii cruise.

This has been, and will continue to be, us.

We have every right to play cards, dominoes, etc. wherever and whenever we want. Please show me where Carnival states otherwise.

We don't smuggle booze. We don't hold deck chairs with just towels or flip flops for hours. We do love to play games while enjoying coffee or snacks. Or without coffee or snacks.

Have a great cruise.

Edited by stargate fan

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, so I think everything you all have said are valid... but I think if people would just chill, then we'd all be happier.

If you need a spot and all tables are full, ask to join a less full table.

If you're enjoying your cruise and playing cards while people are looking for a table, move to a different location or invite someone to join you!

Simple solutions if people on both sides of the argument would just be nicer to each other (including here on CC!).

Nicely stated Shaded Lady, especially your parenthetical comment in the last sentence. ;)

Nope...not me! But it would also never occur to me to be upset at someone sitting at a table. They got there first. I have no idea if their family is still at the buffet, just ran back to the room etc. Are you mad at me and my hubby when we take a table for 4 because we want to be by the window and have room to put the 8,000 plates/bowls you end up with between the various stations, juice glass, coffee cups, when we are simply chatting and watching the water go by?

Life is WAY to short to worry about such things...

One person at a table for 4 enjoying his/her coffee while reading or playing with phone.And how many tables for 2 are were there and were they all taken too? How do you know they weren't waiting for others to join? Did you ask if the empty seats at their table were available? Nothing wrong with this.

Tables for four or six with dominoes, cards or chess going on.If DH and I walked in and found no tables available we would go try the MDR.

Dan

You came during the rush and the tables were busy. The tables in the buffet are first come, first serve. There are no rules saying no games, reading, or phone surfing allowed during rush hour. You chose to dine at the busiest time. If you want to ensure getting a table then go when it is less busy or go to the MDR. Going to the buffet at rush time was your decision. Not finding a seat was the consequence of that decision. No one to get mad at but yourself.

Edited by Warm Breezes

OP, did you do anything to remedy the situation? Speak to anyone face to face to ask if you can share their table? If all you did was complain on here and did not do anything about it at the time, there is not much anyone here can do to help.

On the one hand I understand the frustration if people go into the buffet and just take a table to use for playing games and not for eating, it is a little bit discourteous. On the other hand, if they are eating in the restaurant and are playing a game, reading a book, etc., I really see no problem as there is no time limit on the tables and whatever they want to do to pass time as they enjoy a meal is their business.

I always get jealous when I see people playing cards or Yahtzee at a table. I think to myself "Next time, we are going to just sit, relax and play cards".

That is after I have looked for an empty table and NOT found one. We just wait people out that aren't playing games and look like they are just about done. Or we ask to join a table. Cruising is not for the shy...

I always get jealous when I see people playing cards or Yahtzee at a table. I think to myself "Next time, we are going to just sit, relax and play cards".

That is after I have looked for an empty table and NOT found one. We just wait people out that aren't playing games and look like they are just about done. Or we ask to join a table. Cruising is not for the shy...

Very well said!:)