How much is to much and how much is a good deal?

Desinico

Looked at RCI site and that is the price for the July sailing, Oasis, Eastern. That's a lot of OBC, but I found prices can differ as much as $500 for two a weeks difference in July. I did find July sailing, balcony, Oasis for $1299 each with about $100 each tax etc. Can't mention site, but look around and you can find them. Another cost will be to get to the port. Looks like you are in Texas and this sailing is out of Port Canaveral. Your talking flight the night before, hotel, food. Could be a costly addition. OP above had a good idea as to rethink the date of sailing. So much cheaper if not summertime. Believe me, the islands are warm during the fall and winter here. But, this is your choice and you have to decide what you want and what is best for you. Good luck!

Sure you can get cheaper balconies IF you are not on an Oasis class ship during the summer. I don't feel, with all that OBC, that you got a bad deal. Summer rates and Oasis class ships are premium cost. Your OBC has the gratuities covered with plenty left over for on board purchases like drinks. If for some reason you do not use all the OBC, you can cash it out on the last day of the cruise at Guest Services. And if you change to a cheaper cabin, ask your TA how much that will affect his OBC to you before you decide to make a change.

Thank you everyone for your responses. My ta said I'd lose the obc with royal but not with them if I stayed in some type of balcony room. I could switch to the Central Park and still get the package with the lunch thing. But I really had my heart set on it. Between flights and the cruise I'd be at about 6k. Idk what will do

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you everyone for your responses. My ta said I'd lose the obc with royal but not with them if I stayed in some type of balcony room. I could switch to the Central Park and still get the package with the lunch thing. But I really had my heart set on it. Between flights and the cruise I'd be at about 6k. Idk what will do

Don't second guess yourself. I would stay with an oceanview balcony, especially on my honeymoon. A Central Park balcony will have balconies across from yours. Much more privacy with a oceanview balcony. Great place to sit out with you new husband and watch the ocean go by.....:)

Have a wonderful honeymoon!

That's about how much we paid for our oceanview balcony on the Oasis on our first cruise. We sailed over Memorial Day Weekend and booked late. It was worth every penny to us. We loved cruising. It was so nice not to have to think about finding restaurants and things to do like we do with our land vacations. Enjoy!

yeah lately I only want to book if there is a pricing glitch

That's how I feel as well and I believe early this week there was one and I missed it. I always like to get a good deal. When I have to pay for something full price when I know others got a percentage off I'm lik is it worth it [emoji848].

That's about how much I paid for my honeymoon as well....except, for that price, I had an interior room on Celebrity for my 15 night Full Panama Canal Crossing from San Diego to Fort Lauderdale.

Oh wow yea I definitely feel compared to other dates this is super expensive for 7 days. Like I'm not getting bang for my buck. But I'm going to keep my eyes peeled.

We are travelling on 25 June on an Oasis Western Itinerary. We've booked a Central Park Balcony which was the cheapest balcony we could get at $3124 including $50 OBC. We booked about 6 weeks ago.

Oh wow that's a lot. They had a glitch at the beginning of the week. I'm hoping they have another so I could re-price.

If you are in Texas why don't you pick a ship that sails out of Galveston. We are looking at Oasis because 1. we can drive there and 2. we have teenagers who want more "stuff " to do on a cruise. But if I were on my honeymoon I don't think I would pay extra for a particular ship. I'd pay for a nicer room on a smaller ship and pay for better excursions. I think anything you do together will be amazing-and the smaller ships are still really great (...unless you are trying to please two kids or if the romance has worn off a bit after 20 years). Just my opinion. Have an amazing trip no matter what you do. I didn't get a honeymoon and I regret it a lot.