HAL to announce new celebrity voyage(s) Thursday (2/9/17)

sppunk

She will be sailing to Alaska in July with Gayle King from CBS to knock things off her bucket list. And they said this:

The O-inspired voyages will take place on more than 300 Holland American Line cruises sailing in North America from August 2017 through 2018, and will have a variety of Oprah-approved activities, including meditation, tai chi, healthy cooking demonstrations, an onboard book club and more.

The magazine will start the partnership with a contest in March awarding three readers the chance to join the inaugural cruise to Alaska with Oprah and Gayle, followed by an advertising unit in the April issue with in-book, online and broadcast integrations running throughout the remainder of 2017 and 2018.

Please people- this is Cruise Critic not Political Critic or Election Critic.

From what was said this will only affect those who choose to join in the activities. Doesn't appear to affect anyone else on the ship. I'm sure the two nights that Oprah is on there will be security on deck 7 as we can all guess what stateroom she will be in.

Likely she will do something in the showroom and I'm sure it will be packed early.

I haven't seen anything political on this post unless not wanting to be involved with Oprah and her magazine is considered not POLITICALLY CORRECT.

Sent from my XT1650 using Forums mobile app

I'm a Weight Watchers member and we received information about a WW cruise on MSC. Oprah isn't involved.

If someone doesn't want to sail with a particular celebrity on an advertised cruise, just don't book that cruise. What's the big deal?

Roz

Edited by Roz

I'm a Weight Watchers member and we received information about a WW cruise on MSC. I think Oprah is on it but not sure.

If someone doesn't want to sail with the particular celebrity on an advertised cruise, just don't book that cruise. What's the big deal?

Roz

Exactly. Some people have an axe to grind. Who knows why.

I'm a Weight Watchers member and we received information about a WW cruise on MSC. I think Oprah is on it but not sure.

If someone doesn't want to sail with the particular celebrity on an advertised cruise, just don't book that cruise. What's the big deal?

Roz

Totally agree, unless the celebrity is booked after you have made final payment.

It's a partnership with O Magazine, not Oprah herself.

So HAL's print ad budget is going there I suppose. Two page spreads or inside the front/back covers? Never paid much attention to the magazine so not sure what demographic Seattle would be chasing. So July on Eurodam 7/1, 7/8, 7/15. 7/22 or 7/29 (five sailings in July) - which one? Doesn't matter a lot to us since we're on Oosterdam. :cool:

So HAL's print ad budget is going there I suppose. Two page spreads or inside the front/back covers? Never paid much attention to the magazine so not sure what demographic Seattle would be chasing. So July on Eurodam 7/1, 7/8, 7/15. 7/22 or 7/29 (five sailings in July) - which one? Doesn't matter a lot to us since we're on Oosterdam. :cool:

Eurodam has also been recently refitted with all the new stuff, but I'm surprised the O Magazine cruise with O herself wasn't on the "O"osterdam

and HAL has been advertising in a lot of lifestyle magazines, believe O has been among them for quite some time

Eurodam has also been recently refitted with all the new stuff, but I'm surprised the O Magazine cruise with O herself wasn't on the "O"osterdam

and HAL has been advertising in a lot of lifestyle magazines, believe O has been among them for quite some time

[bold is mine] Maybe if they changed it to Opradam???

I bet this collaboration will give HAL better ad placement and better rates in O Mag. I wonder if there will be copies of the mag in all the cabins???

I really don't care one way or the other. HAL likes to tout announcements as being a Big Deal (remember Ashford's dog-and-pony show last winter?), but they don't turn out to be impressive--at least not to me.

I'm sure there will be some photo-ops when Oprah is onboard that interfere with a few activities, but the ongoing activities sound easy enough to ignore.

I'm impressed that the Oprah cruise is selling - STARTING AT - $1,999 per person, double occupancy, for interior staterooms.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/nation_world_ap/oprah-plans-cruise-in-alaska-in-holland-america-partnership/article_802606aa-a11c-5cc5-9a86-ddf0e0808c66.html

I'm pretty neutral on the whole Oprah thing, but it must be a pretty magical experience given the price.

I'm impressed that the Oprah cruise is selling - STARTING AT - $1,999 per person, double occupancy, for interior staterooms.

http://www.journalnow.com/news/nation_world_ap/oprah-plans-cruise-in-alaska-in-holland-america-partnership/article_802606aa-a11c-5cc5-9a86-ddf0e0808c66.html

I'm pretty neutral on the whole Oprah thing, but it must be a pretty magical experience given the price.

Hard to believe people will pay that price just to sail on an Oprah cruise. What ever floats your boat.