What is the most cruises you've taken....

klfhngr

Six. One Istanbul to Harwich; an Istanbul to Rome; a Barcelona roundtrip; a Montreal-NYC; and two in the Carib. Three trans Atlantic flights were a drag and it's really along way from JFK to Istanbul. We'll never do that many again, as we have practically reached the saturation point for cruising.

WOW, I'm blown away by some of these numbers!!

6 weeks vacation time? Are you guys hiring?!

And one of you mentioned 2 cruises a year for 'bizness'?! Are you guys hiring also?!

I have about 20 years left before retirement.. But my wife and I always said that we wanted to travel while we are still young and are still able to get around..... On my second cruise, when I was 18 or so, I saw so many 'older' ones that were miserable.. I told myself that I never wanted to be like that, i.e., cruise when I can barely get around. 30 years later, we're still cruising, but obviously not as much as MANY of you!!

Keep on cruisin'!!! I'm jealous but happy for all of you! Now I have something to aim at! ;)

I have about 20 years left before retirement.. But my wife and I always said that we wanted to travel while we are still young and are still able to get around..... On my second cruise, when I was 18 or so, I saw so many 'older' ones that were miserable.. I told myself that I never wanted to be like that, i.e., cruise when I can barely get around. 30 years later, we're still cruising, but obviously not as much as MANY of you!!

Keep on cruisin'!!! I'm jealous but happy for all of you! Now I have something to aim at! ;)

Ditto! We are cruising while young(ish). We really didn't start until we were about 40 and had gotten past the our younger years (with young kids and no money). So we've been cruising for a decade now and have been ramping it up lately to 2 to 3 cruises per year. Hoping they move some more ships to Socal so we can cruise more. We loved it when the Mariner sailed from San Pedro.

Used to do 4 but now 2 per yr, usually 8 to 10 nights in AQ. Prices are higher, not many new ports..and the experience while still fun is not as pampered! Too much focus on drinking and drinkers, sales and upselling...

And one of you mentioned 2 cruises a year for 'bizness'?! Are you guys hiring also?!

Keep on cruisin'!!! I'm jealous but happy for all of you! Now I have something to aim at! ;)[/quo

But consider this: cruising limits you to a limited area near the port you are in. You will never get to Vienna or Munich from a cruise ship docked in Venice. So I would argue that the time NOT to cruise is when you are young, healthy, and mobile. I don't know how many people in wheelchairs on a ship are miserable, but they are on a ship and they seem to get around very easily.

Our kids have been on every cruise - so it's always a big bill :D! We're waiting for when they go to University and don't want to come cruising with Mom & Dad - I'm sure it will be a longgggg wait :p.

Or they can be like my kids. One just graduated from college and the other is still attending. They both booked cruises and didn't even invite us. We couldn't afford to go anyway because we are helping them pay for college.

within a year? This will be our first time doing 2 within a year and so close to each other (5 months apart!)... seems overwhelming! Obviously, money and work usually don't allow us to do more than 1... But if it was possible, would we do it? IDK, would you?

Just curious to see how many people cruise multiple times within a year and how do you prep for it!....

Have done three in one year. However, it also depends on whether one is doing just 7 day cruises or longer ones. Probably also depends on cost! In August I'll be cruising with WindStar out of Tahiti and then in January with Viking Ocean out of San Juan. These are taking a few more bucks out of my wallet than a usual one week cruise in the Caribbean. :)

3 is the most for me. I am still working full time despite being past retirement age but that's mainly because I want to cruise!

Spoilt this year as cruising in March, May and September plus two weeks holiday in Crete in August, a week in Vegas in October and a week in the Lake District in November!

Must bring some business in to fund this lot :eek:

Keep on cruisin'!!! I'm jealous but happy for all of you! Now I have something to aim at! ;)[/quo

But consider this: cruising limits you to a limited area near the port you are in. You will never get to Vienna or Munich from a cruise ship docked in Venice. So I would argue that the time NOT to cruise is when you are young, healthy, and mobile. I don't know how many people in wheelchairs on a ship are miserable, but they are on a ship and they seem to get around very easily.

I have to agree land travel are also great. Over the years I have been fortunate to go the Munich Oktoberfest great fun with roller coaster and beers and chicken. Wham's final concert at Wembley Stadium, Elton John performed. Mixing land travels and cruising is wonderful.

Or they can be like my kids. One just graduated from college and the other is still attending. They both booked cruises and didn't even invite us. We couldn't afford to go anyway because we are helping them pay for college.

Ironic, isn't it :D ? We pay for them to go and then can't afford to go ourselves. I've said that they may want to go on holiday with their friends in a few years, and they replied that they still want to come with us too :o.

They do appreciate that they are very fortunate to have visited as many places as they have at such a young age. Additionally, they have had some wonderful experiences which they've been able to use in their school work. I remember our youngest constructed a geyser for his geography homework and explained about his visit to Iceland. Another time he made mud pools like he'd seen in NZ. So it's been worth spending all those pennies :).

Where possible, we usually add land visits to either side of our cruises - best of both worlds really.

I have had 6 1/2 weeks PTO the past few years (thanks, I think, to our company having a British CEO) but we've been acquired by another company and next year my vacation goes down to 4 weeks. Which is still a decent amount of vacation, especially for the USA, but I've gotten awfully used to having lots of time and will really miss those extra days. Nothing to be done about it though--I like my job and I'm too old to find another one anyhow.

Even so the most cruises I've done in any 12 month period was 4, and I'm hoping that this year I can do spring and fall TAs like I did last year. Then next year, I'll be down to just one two-week cruise, I think. At least for the next few years until I can retire.

It's always a tough decision on how much to spend on vacations, how much on the house, and how much on saving for retirement--but this summer my former husband fell over dead from a massive heart attack with no previous symptoms or warning signs (at least that he told anyone about), which has really made me think about what that balance should be. You need to enjoy life as you go along and not put everything fun off until retirement or until your house is perfect, because you never know if you will get there!

I know, I am so cheery! :)

We've averaged one about every 11 months in the last ten years. We will probably cruise one longer one or B2B each year starting in a couple years at retirement. I don't really want to cruise more than twice a year. We're also starting to merge away from Celebrity a bit, with our next two booked on Viking Oceans and Azamara.

But....we don't want to just cruise. We do more land vacations than cruises, both here in the US and flying elsewhere. Nothing like staying in one place getting to really know it. And we love hiking and spending time in the Rocky Mountains. Cruising is great, and it's a wonderful way to see the world. But with only a day in a place, you can only get a taste. A few times already we've taken vacations in locations we first visited on a cruise ship.

You should be asking number of days , since cruises are of many different lengths,

Eg lots of 4 to 5 dayers out of florida,

All of our cruises have been 11 to 15 nighters

Last year we did 3 cruises

13 night TA east bound

11 night med

13 night TA west bound

We did three cruises one year, but since we both work it meant we only cruised for our vacations that year. Generally we take two large vacations a year so a lot of it for us comes down to how long the cruise is and if we want to spend time before or after the cruise doing a land trip. We also mix in land trips from time to time just to keep it interesting which may mean we only do one cruise that year.

Ditto! We are cruising while young(ish). We really didn't start until we were about 40 and had gotten past the our younger years (with young kids and no money). So we've been cruising for a decade now and have been ramping it up lately to 2 to 3 cruises per year. Hoping they move some more ships to Socal so we can cruise more. We loved it when the Mariner sailed from San Pedro.

We loved the mariner! Couldve done that every year.

My first cruise i was 17 and got hooked when a group of friends invited me. I was invited to a second cruise and i invited a few friends. One of them became my wife, and 30 years later we're still hooked!

You are correct, not all are miserable... for some reason, many on that cruise were. Maybe cuz i was an ignorant teen!?? Anyhow, my apologies.