Celebrity Edge bookings open March 13th

CRUISEBOY305

I got the email too! As a Captains Club member. Someone said there is a cruise conference around the same time so hopefully news will follow through about the ship then. It's very unusual that there is hardly any info about these ships! I hope that there are some short inaugural cruises from Europe!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm at work until this evening and can't call in or watch Facebook. Does anybody know, did they state, when online booking starts?

When I spoke with agent he said was not aware when online bookings would open. They do have a page available with details of the ship

Reminds me of the Oasis class which we tried only once. :rolleyes:

I'm not crazy about that big orange structure! Now we will not be able to sit in a lounger and look out at the sea from the upper deck? Where can one go to sun if they do not want to be in the thick of things? Hopefully they have a few places/other deck areas.

However, saying the above, I can remember when DH and I sunned the Solstice class. Now it's a favorite! :)

Not ready for booking? Given all the hype, Celebrity should have worked the kinks out of their website. Given that the Eclipse 14 night winter cruise out of Florida is not sailing winter 2019, I am surprised that the Edge is only doing 7 night cruises out of Ft. lauderdale. For those of us who like longer cruises, the Edge schedule is a disappointment. I will not do B2B out of Florida in the winter. You spend too much time at sea.

Have mix feelings about ship decor.

Very similar to IKEA.

X will make more money by offering 7 nighters rather than the longer sailings for the initial cruises. The Magic Carpet reminds me slightly of the Rising Tides Bar on Royal.

I like the design of the new ship but not quite sure about the Magic Carpet, it's definitely different & bigger staterooms are always going to go down well. So I guess we don't know if there will be any pre inaugural sailings on her.

It does say booking online will open up this evening.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

looked at some photos of the cabins with balconies looks like the top window slides down and no longer a sliding door balcony........or is it?

Correct. Plus french doors to close off the balcony area if so desired. With the french doors open, the cabin is much larger than S class. I kinda like the idea of the balcony window that slides up/down.

A lot of it is stuff I expected - not necessarily looked forward to but expected. :(

7 day itineraries, an upgraded and whole separate experience for suites (lounge, pool, dining room and area of the ship) and no more Aqua class. :(

I'm glad the Solstice class is still around.

EDIT: I stand corrected. Someone posted there is still Aqua class.:D

Edited by chamima