Celebrity Edge bookings open March 13th

CRUISEBOY305

I got this email today and was very intrigued by the graphic design used in the image and on the Edge website ... hmmm.

I'm excited for March 13th -- I'll be aboard the Reflection, so I'll have to be sure to make an appointment at the Future Cruise Office!

4cf198abbf3359648ce38e1c6064521c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I got the email too! As a Captains Club member. Someone said there is a cruise conference around the same time so hopefully news will follow through about the ship then. It's very unusual that there is hardly any info about these ships! I hope that there are some short inaugural cruises from Europe!

We were on the 2nd Reflection cruise in October 2012 from Barcelona to Venice. Celebrity had taken ownership of her just 9 days prior.

This cruise was one of the best we have ever taken. It was truly impressive to walk aboard and smell that "new ship" smell. There was definitely a unique, and pleasant, smell around her - part fresh paint, part new upholstery, part clean and fresh smell. Everything was spotless with not a single scratch, ding, rust spot, or stain anywhere.

The crew were just as excited as we were, clearly proud to be on the newest Celebrity ship. And it was very exciting to be some of the first people to experience and see what this magnificent ship looked like. It was the perfect 14 day cruise. A truly a memorable experience.

We were on the second sailing of the Solstice and it was a terrific cruise. They put their best crew on the new ships and it shows.

I got the email too! As a Captains Club member. Someone said there is a cruise conference around the same time so hopefully news will follow through about the ship then. It's very unusual that there is hardly any info about these ships! I hope that there are some short inaugural cruises from Europe!

I

I am thinking along the same line.

The ship is being built in France I believe. It would make sense to sail it to Southampton and make a few short cruises to ensure all is in fine working order before sailing it across the Atlantic.

I

I am thinking along the same line.

The ship is being built in France I believe. It would make sense to sail it to Southampton and make a few short cruises to ensure all is in fine working order before sailing it across the Atlantic.

This is indeed what happened with NCL's Escape - the ship was built in Germany and I sailed on the first passenger paying cruise from Hamburg to Southampton 2 nights plus 1 night cruise to nowhere from Southampton - it was an amazing experience on an amazing ship!

I always wanted to sail on a Solstice Class ship and I got my wish last year when I sailed on the Reflection - loved the ship and if Celebrity are making their experience even better then I really want to sail on the Edge lol! :p

I was kind of hoping they'd put Edge in NJ, since we deserve something better than Summit (not that it's bad, but it's not a Solstice class ship), and I'd love to do a winter cruise on Celebrity without having to fly. However, I suspect it would cannibalize their Anthem bookings if they ran it during the winter, and when they put Silhouette in NJ during her first season, the fares were pretty low (I know I got a great deal), and the guests supposedly weren't spending much during the sea days getting to and from to the Caribbean (not sure where I heard that, but it sounded reasonable). So I can see where putting it in FL would be more profitable.

I think NJ would also make sense, or rather I am hoping. There are precious few sailings out of NJ or NY and the new terminal is beautiful.

I was kind of hoping they'd put Edge in NJ, since we deserve something better than Summit (not that it's bad, but it's not a Solstice class ship), and I'd love to do a winter cruise on Celebrity without having to fly. However, I suspect it would cannibalize their Anthem bookings if they ran it during the winter, and when they put Silhouette in NJ during her first season, the fares were pretty low (I know I got a great deal), and the guests supposedly weren't spending much during the sea days getting to and from to the Caribbean (not sure where I heard that, but it sounded reasonable). So I can see where putting it in FL would be more profitable.

No offence but NJ would be close to the bottom of my list, if not the actual bottom. It's good for for NE / Canada cruises but it's too far for Caribbean sailings as you'd spend too many days at see for me.

I've seen the Summit itineraries to the Bahamas, but there's too many sea days for my liking.

Commercially Florida must surely make a lot more sense.

Booking on March 13? With no idea of what the cabins are like, no idea of itineraries, dates or prices. Hmm this should be an exercise in extreme ESP.

I am also one of those who did not get a notification but I do get their daily announcements of sales, promos etc. So figuring out Celebrity is no easy task.

Almost no info but I must admit I am still excited and looking forward to March 13th!

I will be onboard Solstice on a B2B (March 13th being turnover day!) and will try to find out more onboard.

However, I did not get the email. But I do get so many emails from X and Royal.... weird!

Is there any possibility that Edge might sail from Orlando/Port Canaveral?

None of their existing ships do as far as I'm aware so I think this is highly unlikely. When you bear in mind that RCL are having a huge terminal built in Miami I think it's even less likely.

Not that they want to imitate Carnival, but they were smart and had their new ship Vista do a few cruises after the transatlantic out of NYC before moving the ship to Miami. This allowed them to satisfy the NY crowd with a few cruises and let agents in the area see the ship before it moved to Florida.

Hence the quotation marks. :rolleyes:

Most main stream cruise lines are only building 150,000+ GT ships. I'm glad Celebrity stuck with a bit smaller of a ship.

Sorry, I have a hard time thinking of a ship that size is small. I go back to when the Century was considered large and people on this board swore they would never sail her since she was so big.

Booking on March 13? With no idea of what the cabins are like, no idea of itineraries, dates or prices. Hmm this should be an exercise in extreme ESP.

I am also one of those who did not get a notification but I do get their daily announcements of sales, promos etc. So figuring out Celebrity is no easy task.

Not the first time. If I remember correctly Royal Princess was about the same. Very little info before she went on sale.

Won't be booking but very excited to hear about her.

Sorry, I have a hard time thinking of a ship that size is small. I go back to when the Century was considered large and people on this board swore they would never sail her since she was so big.

The world keeps changing. Almost all cruise lines in all categories are continually increasing the size of their ships. Seabourn dumped their 9,975 ton yachts and now only sail 32,000-40,350 ton ships [that's a 4x jump]. Oceania doubled the size of the R-ships (30,277) in their newer O-class (66,048). Crystal, which nobody can doubt is a true Luxury line, is going all the way to 100,000 on their three new ships. So it is actually very big news that Celebrity's newest design is smaller than their previous class (117,000 vs 121,878-125,366) [not that much larger than the M-class (90,940)]