Celebrity Edge bookings open March 13th

CRUISEBOY305

Didn't get the email.

Not interested in sailing on a new ship, as a guinea pig....

We were on Eclipse 6 months into the inaugural season. We had a 1A hump cabin, but there was a nasty smell in the corridor outside our room. I rang Guest services and the evening before we disembarked we had a phone call to say that we would be sent Future Cruise certificates because we had been inconvenienced. Their value was £335 p.p.

Hi Everyone,

No email for me either. Guess some of us aren't important enough to Celebrity... but I will get over it. We still love the them, and we're sailing again on Eclipse in early April :). If the first Edge sailing is out of South Florida, we will definitely book.

Just as an FYI, Celebrity has created a countdown/landing page. No Edge details yet, but you can sign up for Edge updates. Probably a page to keep an eye on :

http://www.celebritycruises.com/edge

Hope this is helpful !

Didn't get the email.

Not interested in sailing on a new ship, as a guinea pig....

We were on Eclipse 6 months into the inaugural season. We had a 1A hump cabin, but there was a nasty smell in the corridor outside our room. I rang Guest services and the evening before we disembarked we had a phone call to say that we would be sent Future Cruise certificates because we had been inconvenienced. Their value was £335 p.p.

We were on the 2nd Reflection cruise in October 2012 from Barcelona to Venice. Celebrity had taken ownership of her just 9 days prior.

This cruise was one of the best we have ever taken. It was truly impressive to walk aboard and smell that "new ship" smell. There was definitely a unique, and pleasant, smell around her - part fresh paint, part new upholstery, part clean and fresh smell. Everything was spotless with not a single scratch, ding, rust spot, or stain anywhere.

The crew were just as excited as we were, clearly proud to be on the newest Celebrity ship. And it was very exciting to be some of the first people to experience and see what this magnificent ship looked like. It was the perfect 14 day cruise. A truly a memorable experience.

Thanks for sharing the date...I am elite, but haven't received notification as of today...sure hope we get a little more information before bookings open....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I stand corrected; just received my official email that gives no details or important information except what was posted....

I do hope we will get some pre information at least about rooms, suites....It isn't too difficult to look at an itinerary and see if you are interested but to book a ship/room/class of facilities from a drawing or description does not make a lot of sense. I do hope they release with some good graphics.

I think, like Olive, you can be a bit of a guinea pig first itinerary of a new ship. We have received and responded to the email. Looking forward to reading more information.

I believe they are announcing the ship's details (e.g. the ship's looks/features) on the same day. As well, I'm sure the itineraries and pricing will be announced at the same time.

I wonder if its just coincidence that P&O and Cunard are announcing their October 2018 to March 2019 winter itineraries on the same day?;)

I have cruised on brand new ships (new ships in brand new class of ship, within the first few sailings) three times==RCCL Liberty of the Seas, RCCL Allure of the Seas and Oceania Marina. Never felt like a "Guinea Pig"...Everything went pretty smoothly on all three of those. The cruise lines know what they are doing and know what to expect. What I got was always a fairly fresh experience with those ships all having venues and features I never got to have on previous cruises. Makes for a pretty exciting experience.

That said, I'd probably enjoy being one of the first to sail on the brand new Edge...except that: 1) Not thrilled paying the sometimes outrageous premium for that honor--maybe better to cruise on it the second year for that reason...and, 2) By the time they tell me where it's cruising and the specific itineraries, I will already be cemented into booked deals for all of my workable vacation windows (We already booked Alaska on the Millennium for June 2018--the itineraries were announced about three months ago--and a river cruise on Viking for July 2018--those itineraries opened for booking last month...and, that's all that fits into my wife's school district work calendar)...

...so, with that, looks like I'm forced into waiting for 2018 anyway!

Kaz,

I also dropped you an email--which, hopefully, you received. That said, Barcelona Day Tours told me the "minimum" for their tour is 10 (with you and us, we'd be at six right now, so we'd only need four more). If we don't find four more here, they might have other inquiries from people on our cruise not on Cruise Critic that they could add to our tour...or, always a shot they may just agree to do the same tour with fewer of us. I will check in with them as we get close to see if they've met the minimum.

A note to everyone on the cruise being close to sold out: As of this morning, they are showing only 18 cabins remaining unsold/unassigned: 7 Category N insides--including two handicapped cabins--and 11 Category M insides. All other categories are shown as sold out. They are also still selling "inside guarantees", so they may still be holding some bookings which are still unassigned.

The other leg of our back-to-back--the July 2 sailing--is showing only two remaining cabins--one N handicapped inside and one E3 handicapped balcony.

So, where is everybody?

Have they announced where ships will sail from?

No, but it's almost certain to be from Florida (Fort Lauderdale or more likely Miami) as the Mediterranean and Baltic seasons are over at that time of year. Asia, South America and Australasia are covered by other ships etc.

And of course it's approaching peak Caribbean season about the time when Celebrity have cancelled 14 night sailings on other ships.

No one truly knows, but that's where my money would be on for the reasons given.

No but my money would be on Florida. Either Fort Lauderdale or more likely, Miami.

She should sail in late 2018 so that's after the Mediterranean and Baltic seasons and of course Asia, Australasia and South America are already served by other ships.

Plus at that time we're heading into the peak Caribbean season at a time when the other X ships are no longer offering very popular 14 night sailings.

It should go with out saying that this is just a guess as no one truly knows, but to me, all points to the above.

No, but my money would be on Florida. Either Fort Lauderdale or more likely Miami.

The ship should enter service in late 2018 so this would be after the Mediterranean, Alaska and Baltic seasons etc. Asia, Australiasia and South America are already serviced by other ships.

Plus late 2018 is heading into the peak Caribbean season and at a time after other X ships have stopped sailing very popular 14 night sailings.

It should go without saying that this is a guess, but in my mind, everything points to the Caribbean for it's initial sailings.

No, but my money would be on Florida. Either Fort Lauderdale or more likely Miami.

I was kind of hoping they'd put Edge in NJ, since we deserve something better than Summit (not that it's bad, but it's not a Solstice class ship), and I'd love to do a winter cruise on Celebrity without having to fly. However, I suspect it would cannibalize their Anthem bookings if they ran it during the winter, and when they put Silhouette in NJ during her first season, the fares were pretty low (I know I got a great deal), and the guests supposedly weren't spending much during the sea days getting to and from to the Caribbean (not sure where I heard that, but it sounded reasonable). So I can see where putting it in FL would be more profitable.