Ship engineer cut my cord.

masterty

Craziest thing happened yesterday. I came back to my cabin to find an engineer note saying they had been in my cabin. I called no one as everything functioned normally. I later discovered a bedside lamp was changed to a non-swinging lamp. The lamp removed worked fine as I was using it to photograph patters. The one installed to replace the working lamp was now a defective lamp. It would not turn on. That is not the crazy part. The crazy part was they installed the lamp on my phone cord. I can not understand why?

I am having a great cruise and I am not going to let this bother me. Just makes no sense. Have a great day everyone.

c45f431ac44185a2c9e68ada33fb8e20.jpg

322c85179ee1bb3a57f4aa02aac428de.jpg

Looks more likely he bolted the lamp down on top of your USB cord. Metal probably cut the insulation on your wire. Still weird. Power to lamp is supposed to be either plugged in behind the drawer or under the bed.

I had the cord plugged into a battery to charge my phone at night. I don't know how he did not see that as he tightened down the broken un-requested replacement lamp. All I can think is that he was in the wrong cabin and did not see the cord. Enjoying the pacific. Chat with you soon.

I would go to Customer Services and ask to see the Hotel Manager. I think this problem needs to go to higher management than just Customer Services (all due respect to them).

And be sure to tell someone the new lamp needs to be repaired.

Update:

My cabin steward stopped me in the hallway to tell me it was himself who called the engineer because my lamp shade had a stripped out nut that caused the lamp shade to not be secure. The engineer found out about the cord and was terribly sorry and wanted to make it right. I told him I have tons of cords and there was no issue. I do not believe I will pursue this issue any further. New lamp works great and has a tight lamp shade.

Update:

My cabin steward stopped me in the hallway to tell me it was himself who called the engineer because my lamp shade had a stripped out nut that caused the lamp shade to not be secure. The engineer found out about the cord and was terribly sorry and wanted to make it right. I told him I have tons of cords and there was no issue. I do not believe I will pursue this issue any further. New lamp works great and has a tight lamp shade.

Glad to hear they owned to the mistake and were willing to make it right.

Update:

THIS is the attitude that makes for a happy cruise ---- and a happy life!

Early in our recent 15 day cruise on the Grand the steward told me engineering was going to repair the toilet paper holder, a screw had fallen out. He did, and later that day the new screw was on the floor, I placed it in plain view on the counter. He then put a pop rivet in the hole and it also found it's way to the floor. At that point he gave up. Makes one wonder, we didn't care one way or the other. :rolleyes:

Update:

It's good that the cabin steward and the engineer did not give you any crazy excuse.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Update:

You didn't demand a free cruise to compensate for your emotional stress due to a ruined vacation? Wow, sure passed up an opportunity.:D