CaptainsCircle Party

chippye

The drinks at the Captains Circle Party are to sweet for me. Can you get a glass of wine or a beer?

Many the party we have attended where the server reaches us with only glasses of red and/or white wine on their tray, the cocktails all already claimed. And we find those wines way too dry and ask the server to return when restocked with rum punches or whatever that cocktail the color of anti-freeze is called.

So if you don't see what you like, just ask.

Last cruise we were Ruby and all we got was certificate for free drink.

It depends on the itinerary, on the length of the cruise and number of sea days, and on the number of frequent cruisers on the ship. Sometimes they will have Captain's Circle parties for everyone who has sailed on Princess before. Other times they will have a regular party for elite and platinum and a presentation with drink coupons for the others.

What status do you have to be to get an invite?

We are Ruby via P&O.

see below

Sometimes they will have Captain's Circle parties for everyone who has sailed on Princess before. Other times they will have a regular party for elite and platinum and a presentation with drink coupons for the others.

I don't recall any notice of a Captain's Circle party. We will be Ruby next cruise, next week. Are we included, or do we need to be a higher level? If so, how are we informed?

Bill

You should receive an invitation in your cabin. It will be on a small card.

If you don't see anything, ask the Captain's Circle representative.

Especially now where the drinks have gotten much worse than they were a while ago.

Ever since we started getting invited to the most traveled passenger lunch or cocktail party I have skipped the pedestrian party.

(maybe 10 years)

I constantly read how bad the drinks are, etc. Why do people go? Just to make sure it's still bad?

I don't think we got anything until Platinum. I am also one who tends to order something other than the "pink drink" or the "green drink" or the "red drink" or whatever they have on the tray. Gin and Tonic is safe.

Ever since we started getting invited to the most traveled passenger lunch or cocktail party I have skipped the pedestrian party.

(maybe 10 years)I constantly read how bad the drinks are, etc. Why do people go? Just to make sure it's still bad?

I stopped going when the line to get in stretched from Club Fusion to the Piazza.....:eek::eek::eek:

Bob

Slip the waiter a dollar and see how much he will give you. I did this recently and got the wine I like to drink.

Unrelated to the drinks, no snacks were served on the Grand from SF to Hawaii. Big disappointment with the cut back. All that was given was a little jar of rice snacks. The party was very short with the info commercial at the end for Future Cruises. The Future Cruise spokesperson stated 3 times that you don't need to talk to her, just fill out the form and drop it in the box. So Ms. Future Cruise lady, why are you even there? After spending well over $100,000 on Princess cruises, one would think they would serve a small quiche appetizer. We're ready to try another cruise line. Princess has joined the fleet of WalMart of the Seas.

What status do you have to be to get an invite?

We are Ruby via P&O.

Princes will count all P&O cruises towards your Captains Circle level. Bring a print out or some form of proof. We started with P&O and had reached a fairly high level (do not which it was at that time) when we scheduled the World Cruise on Aurora. The cruise never left the UK and we were signed up for vacation so booked Princess from Australia to the US. We took all P&O info with us and were Elite with Princess the day after we boarded the ship in Sydney. Captain Circle Hostess was able to update our Princess level with our info.

BTW-P&O will not do the same if we try to go back. Their so many cruises in the past 3(?) years just puts us back at the bottom. We used to be near the top (Pretty good for a couple of Yanks);p

(maybe 10 years)

I constantly read how bad the drinks are, etc. Why do people go? Just to make sure it's still bad?

Honestly, we just ask for a beer and wine and the appetizers are ok. We really enjoy taking a picture with the Captain and seeing everyone all dressed up. It really isnt that bad at all. The line was a little long, but it goes fast.... :)