Depsicable Line Cutters

I plead guilty to expanding the topic a bit too much. However, those of us of a certain age can see how lack of parenting in the early years may contribute to a plethora of thoughtless and rude adults later on. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Totally agree with you on that!! And I think they are already out there. :(

All you can hope for is that Karma pays them a visit. I remember years ago flying back from overseas. Was in line for Customs when a guy decided to cut in front of me and my (ex)wife. Not sure if it was random or what, but once he got up the agent, he was asked to step aside for further screening. Hopefully it was Karma paying him a visit!

I fail to see how reacting to rude behavior with a passive aggressive response is any better?

I disagree because the person knows exactly what they did. They knew it was wrong and to just allow them to continue to be inconsiderate to others is not acceptable

There always tends to be a lot of this on ships. It happens a lot by elevators, going into shows, etc. where the "line" turns into a crowd of people pushing in from the sides.

One time we were getting back on the ship in Cozumel and the line turned into a frenzy and we literally got pushed to the back by people panicking.

I guess even on vacation, just like in normal life, people are in a big hurry.

Tom

I believe it was the Allure we were on a few years ago. I was in line at the windjammer helping my son get his food. This girl, early 20s, literally shoved me out of the way to get whatever it was that she wanted and then smirked at me. I just looked at my son and said, "Son, if I ever even hear of you behaving like that rude young woman just did, it won't matter if you're an adult, you'll have to answer to your mother." Oh man, did this girl go berserk!! F-bombing me and my son (who was pretty young at the time) I just walked away, no need to engage her. But since I'm the generation raising kids right now I'll say we don't all go soft on our kids. I make my son hold open doors, and both kids say yes, Mam, no, Sir. Also when we had a little problem with him not turning in his homework for two weeks, I made him do it all then write an apology letter to his teacher for not paying attention and not respecting their time. I also called the teacher to make sure he gave it to them. So, we are not all raising spoiled delinquents. Happy sailings everyone, and don't let others ruin your cruise :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I believe it was the Allure we were on a few years ago. I was in line at the windjammer helping my son get his food. This girl, early 20s, literally shoved me out of the way to get whatever it was that she wanted and then smirked at me. I just looked at my son and said, "Son, if I ever even hear of you behaving like that rude young woman just did, it won't matter if you're an adult, you'll have to answer to your mother." Oh man, did this girl go berserk!! F-bombing me and my son (who was pretty young at the time) I just walked away, no need to engage her. But since I'm the generation raising kids right now I'll say we don't all go soft on our kids. I make my son hold open doors, and both kids say yes, Mam, no, Sir. Also when we had a little problem with him not turning in his homework for two weeks, I made him do it all then write an apology letter to his teacher for not paying attention and not respecting their time. I also called the teacher to make sure he gave it to them. So, we are not all raising spoiled delinquents. Happy sailings everyone, and don't let others ruin your cruise :)

It's parents like you and my sister that still give me hope for the future. She, too, raised her sons to be courteous and respectful, and not entitled. Don't be too surprised when your children thank you for it later on, because I'm sure they will. :)

It's parents like you and my sister that still give me hope for the future. She, too, raised her sons to be courteous and respectful, and not entitled. Don't be too surprised when your children thank you for it later on, because I'm sure they will. :)

Aww thanks. Not perfect but we try. We also take martial arts (Hubby, me and the kids) which really focuses on respect of yourself and others. I think it helps. And as far as on board, and we live in Orlando so parks too, it's better to just ignore the rude people if you can. Engaging usually isn't worth it because if they're rude enough to intentionally cut you off or some such, then they aren't likely to be ones that would be pleasant to confront in front of kids. I've learned this the hard way. Most of the time it's just not worth getting upset and getting into arguments over that could potentially ruin your day. But I will say it took years for me to learn that lesson.

Aww thanks. Not perfect but we try. We also take martial arts (Hubby, me and the kids) which really focuses on respect of yourself and others. I think it helps. And as far as on board, and we live in Orlando so parks too, it's better to just ignore the rude people if you can. Engaging usually isn't worth it because if they're rude enough to intentionally cut you off or some such, then they aren't likely to be ones that would be pleasant to confront in front of kids. I've learned this the hard way. Most of the time it's just not worth getting upset and getting into arguments over that could potentially ruin your day. But I will say it took years for me to learn that lesson.

Bravo/brava to you! It's nice to read that. The fact that that rude woman responded with profanity shows that she knew she was out of line (no pun intended), which is something I see people often do when their rudeness is called out. Thanks for rearing your children the right way!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We did a pre-cruise at the Embassy Suites in San Juan. We were in the line to get a glass of wine during the managers evening reception. All of a sudden I hear that unmistakable sound of rubber flip flops. Next thing I know the dude in the flip flops butts in front of my wife and I as we are walking to get a glass of wine behind others. Before you know my size 12 vans steps on the back of his flip flop and blows that sucker out. He stubbles and say's "hey". I quickly cut him off by responding with a big fat smile on my face "excuse you for butting in front of us and everyone in back of us". We did enjoy our wine and munchies. :D

Funny how this thread went from rude passengers that cut in line, to....

unruly children in need of real parenting. ;)

That's why I open and read all posts in here since I know the conversation will go from A to Z lol[emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did a pre-cruise at the Embassy Suites in San Juan. We were in the line to get a glass of wine during the managers evening reception. All of a sudden I hear that unmistakable sound of rubber flip flops. Next thing I know the dude in the flip flops butts in front of my wife and I as we are walking to get a glass of wine behind others. Before you know my size 12 vans steps on the back of his flip flop and blows that sucker out. He stubbles and say's "hey". I quickly cut him off by responding with a big fat smile on my face "excuse you for butting in front of us and everyone in back of us". We did enjoy our wine and munchies. :D

Bravo!! Good one!! :) Though sometimes the rude people get even more rude when they know they are in the wrong and it is pointed out to them. It's always everyone else's fault but their's of course. :evilsmile:

I don't think they always know they are in the wrong. I think some people honestly believe that if they can get away with it, then it's OK. The bully mentality is making a comeback at many levels in our world. I know people who think everything is fair game and winning (being first) is the only goal.

It wouldn't surprise me if line cutters think you're dumb for waiting in line or rude to think they should have to wait behind you.

Tom

Bravo!! Good one!! :) Though sometimes the rude people get even more rude when they know they are in the wrong and it is pointed out to them. It's always everyone else's fault but their's of course. :evilsmile:

Sent from my iPad using Forums

DH and I were getting on the shuttle train at San Francisco airport and I was looking forward to sitting down. Not only did three 20 something's sit down, their mother reached around me, pushed me out of the way so the fourth child could sit down. As they were getting out, I turned to DH and said very loudly, "Isn't it great we look young and healthy enough that they didn't feel the need to offer us a seat?" One of the girls said "that was rude" Guess she missed the point...

I don't think they always know they are in the wrong. I think some people honestly believe that if they can get away with it, then it's OK. The bully mentality is making a comeback at many levels in our world. I know people who think everything is fair game and winning (being first) is the only goal.

It wouldn't surprise me if line cutters think you're dumb for waiting in line or rude to think they should have to wait behind you.

Tom

Agree...but I was also mentioning that when it is pointed out to them about their rude behavior, many will get even more rude and lash back at you. Apology? Not going to happen...it's your fault of course....never theirs. ;) :halo:

I have an 8 year old daughter. I, too, make her apologize to her teacher(s) if she misbehaves. She fully understands that unruly behavior is not an option for her EVER. I also tell the teacher, with my daughter standing right next to me, that if she ever misbehaves, to contact me immediately so that I can nip it in the bud!!

I've seen too many kids, teenagers and adults on cruises act like they do not have and have not EVER had any home training. It's ridiculous!!!

I have an 8 year old daughter. I, too, make her apologize to her teacher(s) if she misbehaves. She fully understands that unruly behavior is not an option for her EVER. I also tell the teacher, with my daughter standing right next to me, that if she ever misbehaves, to contact me immediately so that I can nip it in the bud!!

I've seen too many kids, teenagers and adults on cruises act like they do not have and have not EVER had any home training. It's ridiculous!!!

When I was kid it was always better if the teacher would nip it in the butt I mean bud and hopefully my dad didn't hear about it. If you know what I mean! :D

Tom

Completely true, you're a sucker for waiting in line in their book. I remember reading somewhere about some grandpa telling off his newly licensed grandkid for using his blinkers in his car - 'nobody else needs to know where you're going'!

When I was kid it was always better if the teacher would nip it in the butt I mean bud and hopefully my dad didn't hear about it. If you know what I mean! :D

[emoji4] I know exactly what you mean. But nowadays, sometimes, teachers are a little apprehensive in taking action because they don't know how the parent will respond.

Just off the Navigator. They were calling Tag Numbers but for some reason the line wasn't moving to get off the ship....

We were pretty close to the exit where they scan card and left you off but didn't move for over 40 minutes.

Guy walks up with his wife, sees the lines, walks away, come back, leans against wall then second line moves jumps in front of everyone and gives card to crew member to scan.

Crew member scanned it without a word. Card was blue, not gold, and no loyalty on it.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

Just off the Navigator. They were calling Tag Numbers but for some reason the line wasn't moving to get off the ship....

We were pretty close to the exit where they scan card and left you off but didn't move for over 40 minutes.

Guy walks up with his wife, sees the lines, walks away, come back, leans against wall then second line moves jumps in front of everyone and gives card to crew member to scan.

Crew member scanned it without a word. Card was blue, not gold, and no loyalty on it.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

No Gold card, no loyalty....and absolutely no manners. ;)

On vacation I usually develop a more relaxed manner and let a lot of things slide. My wife wouldn't let a line cutter slide for a second; she'd publicly eviscerate them. She does that very well, without the yelling and theatrics.

On vacation I usually develop a more relaxed manner and let a lot of things slide. My wife wouldn't let a line cutter slide for a second; she'd publicly eviscerate them. She does that very well, without the yelling and theatrics.

You go girl!! :D