Stuck on excursion ideas for Barbados and St Kitts....

Pier290

Please DON'T refer me to search those specific forums as they currently don't have the answers we seek...

Anyway.......torn here and since it's our 1st visit want it to be fabulous....

BARBADOS = Copacabana Beach Club, Boatyard, Lobster (something??), 4×4 Safari and Beach excursion.....Anyone do any of these ??? We are seeking a FUN VIBE on a gorgeous beach with calm water for snorkling...MUST HAVE A BAR, RESTAURANT AND CHAIR RENTAL....

ST KITTS....we are only docked from 7-3.....ugh....hate those short stops...Anyone been to Palms Gardens Court for the day? ANY OTHER ADVICE HERE??? Looking for a FUN, BAR, RESTAURANT, GORGEOUS BEACH .....OR STAY ON BOARD?

Not interested in shopping or taking any train, bus historical tours....

Any well seasoned cruisers have any ULTIMATE advice for us? Sailing in 5 weeks ! [emoji572] [emoji41] [emoji484] [emoji274] [emoji225] [emoji227] [emoji322]

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

This past December we visited these islands on our cruise. In Barbados we went to the Barbados Hilton and got a beach pass ($35 pp) for the day which gave us to chairs, umbrella, towels, a welcome drink and lunch. The beach there is outstanding. You can get your beach pass in advance at resortforaday. On St Kitts we went to a beautiful beach at the Carambola Beach Club. No entry fee but you rent chairs, umbrella, etc and there is a pretty good restaurant there for lunch. They have a website.

This past December we visited these islands on our cruise. In Barbados we went to the Barbados Hilton and got a beach pass ($35 pp) for the day which gave us to chairs, umbrella, towels, a welcome drink and lunch. The beach there is outstanding. You can get your beach pass in advance at resortforaday. On St Kitts we went to a beautiful beach at the Carambola Beach Club. No entry fee but you rent chairs, umbrella, etc and there is a pretty good restaurant there for lunch. They have a website.

Great!! THX A BUNCH

Our group of 8 adults visited The Boatyard in Barbados a few years ago and loved it. Beautiful beach, chairs were n/c, 1 drink included in the fee which I think was around 14pp. There were some water toys, jump platform and rope swing off the pier which was fun. In addition, the return taxi fee was included in the admission price. At one point late in the day, bells started ringing to signify time for the bartenders to pour drinks from a bottle into customers mouths. Made for some great pics!

In St. Kitt's we went to Shipwreck Bar. It wasn't much to look at as the name implies. The beach was very narrow, maybe 2+ lounge chair lengths wide. The water was clean and clear and the buckets of beer were reasonable. It was a very quiet place, but we really enjoyed our day.

Please DON'T refer me to search those specific forums as they currently don't have the answers we seek...

BARBADOS = Copacabana Beach Club, Boatyard, Lobster (something??), 4×4 Safari and Beach excursion.....Anyone do any of these ??? We are seeking a FUN VIBE on a gorgeous beach with calm water for snorkling...MUST HAVE A BAR, RESTAURANT AND CHAIR RENTAL....

ST KITTS....we are only docked from 7-3.....ugh....hate those short stops...Anyone been to Palms Gardens Court for the day? ANY OTHER ADVICE HERE??? Looking for a FUN, BAR, RESTAURANT, GORGEOUS BEACH .....OR STAY ON BOARD?

Any well seasoned cruisers have any ULTIMATE advice for us? Sailing in 5 weeks ! [emoji572] [emoji41] [emoji484] [emoji274] [emoji225] [emoji227] [emoji322]

Hello...

Barbados I took my first snorkeling tour...they took us out with a catamaran..they had food to feed the turtles and even showed us a sunken shipwreck... we booked this tour in the information Center outside the ship...they had music and free drinks on board...that was a few years ago...lots of fun...

Good luck...Barbados is nice...

Sent from my SM-G903W using Tapatalk

If you can use cruise Critic search feature..try Palms Court gardens...more than one entry about recent experiences will come up..they also have their own website with pics..

Only drawback is transp to and from...esp back to port...you can walk ( mostly downhill) but takes awhile..

We always go to The Boatyard. Busy, music on beach. Go early for good chairs. Palm Gardens in St. Kitts is real nice but a small areal by pool. Whirlpool. Can see your ship. Beer food available. Have to take a cab. Not near beach.

Whatever you choose - please don't stay on the ship in either of these two ports. They are both gorgeous with lovely local people and food. We took a Catamaran trip in St. Kitts (so not what you're looking for) but the beaches were splendid and the water was cool and beautiful. After your day in Barbados, stop into the little eatery right at the port from some great local food and Banks Beer. All smiles after that!!

Here's what we did last time we were in St. Kitts (Jan. '16)

St. Kitts (Day 6)

We opted to make St. Kitts an independent beach day. We disembarked after a lazy morning around 10:30 AM, and went to the taxi stand to get a (shared) taxi to Cockleshell beach. We had picked this beach in advance because it was where a past beach excursion through RCI had taken us. Shared taxi is $7pp one-way, and they’ll pre arrange a return pickup time based on the majority decision for the group. If you think you want to go back at a different time, they’ll collect your money in the AM [for the AM ride], and you’re free to just join a group going back around when you want to leave. We left the beach a little after 1, and it was no problem just tagging along with a van headed back to pier. The wait at the harbor was only 10 minutes for a van, and probably another 5-10 mins from beach back.

Cockleshell beach was fun, but a bit crowded. We ended up at the Reggae beach bar where chairs were something like $10/each and were under umbrellas. The beach felt safe, only 1 or 2 vendors strolled through during the couple hours we were there, bar was nearby (with servers wandering through periodically), and water sport equipment available to rent. Aside from being a bit crowded, this was a solid beach. The beach bar also had free wi-fi that had a pretty decent bandwidth as some of our friends used it to make some voip calls back home.

Source: Trip Report http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2300033

We went on the The Elegance catamaran in Barbados. We snorkeled with the turtles and toured the coast. They provided lunch and drinks. Those that ran it were a great bunch of people. They only allowed 12 - 14 guests at the most (can't remember the exact number). We loved it! Best snorkeling trip that I have ever been on. I would do it again if I ever go back to Barbados.

I second the Barbados Hilton! We did the day pass there a few years back and it was a lovely resort to spend the day at. I would go back in a heartbeat.

We have only been to St. Kitts twice and have done catamaran trips both times. Most recently we visited last month on Reflection and took a catamaran ride to Nevis where we spent some time at a beach. Lunch and (lots of) drinks were included. It was a fun day and we enjoyed getting to see another island as well.

Hi.

We've been to Barbados a couple of times and have either visited the beach by the Boatyard or taken a driving tour. The resort option sounds good for our visit in May.

I checked resortforaday and the price for Barbados Hilton is $70 pp ($30 when booking and $40 payable upon arrival at the resort) and includes:

What's Included

• Enjoy Barbados Resort For a Day shore excursion at the Hilton Barbados Hotel while your ship is in port
  • Arrive as early as 9am
  • Lunch and a soft drink at the Water’s Edge beach bar
  • Beaches, pools, whirlpools
  • Lounges, umbrellas
  • Towels (no need to bring the ship’s towels)
  • Non-motorized water sports. These activities include introduction to scuba diving in pool, kiddie snorkeling lessons (kids 8-10) in pool, snorkeling mask, snorkel, fins and vest, boogie boards and kayaks.
  • Tennis
  • Fitness center
  • Outdoor showers are available for casual clean-up
  • Bathrooms are available for changing

I'm guessing these are the same inclusions you had when you went in December. Curious how you get the $35 pp deal? Direct with the resort?

Thanks. D. 😊

Boatyard is lots of fun and where we go every time we're in Barbados. Cost is now $20pp but that includes: beach chair and umbrella, restrooms, rinse off shower, free wifi, one free drink, use of their activities like water trampoline and rope swing, included snorkeling excursion to see sea turtles and free transport back to the ship. They have a full bar and wide lunch menu available. The beach itself is soft sand, warm water and moderate waves.

The place is lively and gets very packed especially if there are multiple big ships in port. You'll see a lot of ship crew hanging out there too. Staff is friendly and helpful. Recommend you arrive when they first open at 9am so you get first crack at chairs. They only have a limited number of cushions for the chairs so first come first served. You will get pestered a bit by local vendors walking by but they're basically harmless.

79f8e65e878cf745f5016d9fe45c9c76.jpg1fea7df120267e5daaa44e1e0b371a77.jpg57ef0e02f95debf1560e8f08a11434f3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Barbados, Silver Moon Catameran! We just returned and if you want great food drinks and snorkeling this is a must!

Only 12 people with captain and 3 crew. The highlight of our cruise agreed by all.

Spend a little and get a ton!

Hi.

We've been to Barbados a couple of times and have either visited the beach by the Boatyard or taken a driving tour. The resort option sounds good for our visit in May.

I checked resortforaday and the price for Barbados Hilton is $70 pp ($30 when booking and $40 payable upon arrival at the resort) and includes:

What's Included

• Enjoy Barbados Resort For a Day shore excursion at the Hilton Barbados Hotel while your ship is in port
  • Arrive as early as 9am
  • Lunch and a soft drink at the Water’s Edge beach bar
  • Beaches, pools, whirlpools
  • Lounges, umbrellas
  • Towels (no need to bring the ship’s towels)
  • Non-motorized water sports. These activities include introduction to scuba diving in pool, kiddie snorkeling lessons (kids 8-10) in pool, snorkeling mask, snorkel, fins and vest, boogie boards and kayaks.
  • Tennis
  • Fitness center
  • Outdoor showers are available for casual clean-up
  • Bathrooms are available for changing

I'm guessing these are the same inclusions you had when you went in December. Curious how you get the $35 pp deal? Direct with the resort?

Thanks. D. 😊

Go to resortforaday dot com and book it there

We did the train excursion several weeks ago in St. Kitts! It was terrific. Good way to see the island in a unique way.

Go to resortforaday dot com and book it there

Hi TeeRick.

That's where I went based on your post and that is where I got the information I posted. Am I'm missing something and the $70 price listed on resortforaday is for two people?.. don't see that indicated anywhere, so assume it is a per person cost.

D.

:confused::confused:

We did the submarine excursion in Barbados a few years ago and after the tour we got on land to be greeted to an earthquake. The sub trip was great but we could have done without the earthquake.

J.

Go to the St. Kitt's Marriott - it's on Resort for a Day website - $59 pp, 10 minute taxi ride from the port.