Photo Packages-Pros/Cons?

Lol. Don't think you can use their backdrops with your camera. I have asked after my wife took a few photos to take a quick few with mine. Most said yes. But I usually chat up the photographer before. As a former Kodak employee and Pro Photographer might get a pass. [emoji75]

Sent from my SM-G955U using Forums mobile app

It has never been a problem to take our own? We have frequently done this. (With the exception of the last cruise, where we trusted them with the bulk of the group photos...) My BIL is also a pro-photographer. As long as the ship photogs snap a picture, they don't care if we take ours, too. That way, you have the shot and are not locked in to buying their photos/packages. Or wondering if that picture will get lost? Or were our heads cut off? Or the wrong date put on the digital frame? Or were our eyes closed? (As you can tell, we had mucho problemos with our Oasis photo packages... lol!)

*The photogs would review and tell us we had a good shot....but (see the above problems). :rolleyes:

We bought the prints and digital prints and paid more than you, so yes sounds like a good deal.

Like others have said you're not suppose to get photos from other cabins.

But nothing is keeping from take prints from other photo folders and putting them with yours

They dont check your stack of photos

Plus we got a link to download all of the digital photos, no cd or thumb drive

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 month later...

I am a first time cruiser, and I am looking at the packages for RCI. I am confused on how this works. The "All Prints" package is $199. There are 2 adults and small child in our party. Do I really need to add all 3 of us ($199 x 3 = $597)? That seems crazy!! Can I just buy one, say under my name? But then the question is, if my husband takes our daughter and they get their photo taken w/o me, will it still be included in MY package since we are all in the same room?

I am a first time cruiser, and I am looking at the packages for RCI. I am confused on how this works. The "All Prints" package is $199. There are 2 adults and small child in our party. Do I really need to add all 3 of us ($199 x 3 = $597)? That seems crazy!! Can I just buy one, say under my name? But then the question is, if my husband takes our daughter and they get their photo taken w/o me, will it still be included in MY package since we are all in the same room?

I believe it's $199 for everyone in the stateroom.

• 2 years later...

Buy it now at $199.  We purchased on board on Anthem and it was $250.  Just purchased for our Liberty trip and it was $199.  We always stop at every place they take pictures every time we can figuring the more we take the better to get some good ones.  Anthem sends the photos about a week after via email.  We download them to a flash drive and then have prints made. 

We did the digital package on Oasis two years ago and on Symphony this year. We had three rooms, I bought the package for my room but we took a group pic when boarding and it linked all of us to the package. My niece and nephew stay in my room so most of our combinations include someone in my room, however we’ve always had all pics (even just adults in one of our other rooms included). We actually had several hundred pictures of three other families show up too that I had to remove. With the kiosks it’s easy to search through the unassigned pictures.

im going on Freedom next October, I bought the digital package on Black Friday for $119.99. 

7 minutes ago, mickeygirl78 said:

We did the digital package on Oasis two years ago and on Symphony this year. We had three rooms, I bought the package for my room but we took a group pic when boarding and it linked all of us to the package. My niece and nephew stay in my room so most of our combinations include someone in my room, however we’ve always had all pics (even just adults in one of our other rooms included). We actually had several hundred pictures of three other families show up too that I had to remove. With the kiosks it’s easy to search through the unassigned pictures.

im going on Freedom next October, I bought the digital package on Black Friday for $119.99. 

I got it on black Friday too

Did some of your Oasis photo's have the decorative borders and port names etc?

So is it fair to say that gone are the days of viewing the photos and taking them home with you?  I haven't cruised in years but I loved that whole concept.  I don't know that I want a package.  I would like to be able to look daily, pick what I want and ask them to print them for me.  I guess that is no longer an option.  

15 hours ago, mickeygirl78 said:

Yes, on both ships we got photos with the ports/borders. Here’s one of them.

71E8D87F-EC13-4DCF-856D-EC238EADB37E.jpeg

Yay!  I bought the Black Friday photo package prints deal for our Allure TA next year.  I totally felt it was worth $119.99.  

I will ask, are all of the photos 5x7s?

Edited by Teeara

4 hours ago, Anna0513 said:

So is it fair to say that gone are the days of viewing the photos and taking them home with you?  I haven't cruised in years but I loved that whole concept.  I don't know that I want a package.  I would like to be able to look daily, pick what I want and ask them to print them for me.  I guess that is no longer an option.  

We were able to that on symphony this past feb.

On 12/23/2019 at 9:51 AM, mickeygirl78 said:

Yes, on both ships we got photos with the ports/borders. Here’s one of them.

71E8D87F-EC13-4DCF-856D-EC238EADB37E.jpeg

You paid money for that photo?

Guy on the left looks like he doesn't want to be there, lady in red has hair all over her face and the lady on the right has her eyes closed. Actually the guy on the left has his eyes closed as well, so that suggests they were looking straight into the sun, which is a poor setup for a "professional" photo. Add to that, the background could be any port anywhere in the world, giving no indication of where you were at the time.

Each to their own, but there's no way I'd be paying 100's of dollars for photos are that are a) poor, and b) never going to be looked at again anyway.

I totally disagree with Balsam12.  Most people enjoy natural photos.  In my family they do enjoy looking at photos- years later.  Of course we age- many have major body changes- but all in all pictures are great and do not lie. Some people have a problem deealing with aging.   Paying 199 for unlimited photos is 

the only bargain IMO on the ship.  We take the the on-line photos and choose those we really like and make photo books of them.

Some people can spend a vacation in an inside cabin, others in suites- Do what makes you happy.  Don't criticize a family obviously having fun and being together and wanting great memories.  

Merry Christmas

Edited by Cruise a holic
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Cruise a holic said:

I totally disagree with Balsam12.  

As I said, each to their own, and if you see value in $200 dollars for the pics, then for you, it's money well spent. Everyone has their own priorities.

We get one pic with the ship as a background to add to our collection, but that's it.

My family is totally not interested in seeing pics of us on a cruise ship, and neither are our friends. I am also not interested in seeing pics of my family on a cruise ship... I would rather see their own pics of the places they visited on their cruise.

My $200 would be spent on a shore excursion where I can experience the destination instead of a pic in front of an artificial backdrop.

3 hours ago, Balsam12 said:

You paid money for that photo?

Guy on the left looks like he doesn't want to be there, lady in red has hair all over her face and the lady on the right has her eyes closed. Actually the guy on the left has his eyes closed as well, so that suggests they were looking straight into the sun, which is a poor setup for a "professional" photo. Add to that, the background could be any port anywhere in the world, giving no indication of where you were at the time.

Each to their own, but there's no way I'd be paying 100's of dollars for photos are that are a) poor, and b) never going to be looked at again anyway.

Thanks for the rude comments about my family. First we paid $200 for over 400 photos split between 7 of us and got ALL the pics. Yes this might not have been the best one, it’s just one I had handy on my phone to show the other person the border of. Didn’t your mother ever tell you if you have nothing nice to say to not say anything at all? If you want to critique the photo quality go for it but to insult a 15 year old is just wrong. 

I bought the digital plus pics on Black Friday for $159.99.  We sail in April on the liberty of the seas.  I paid $199 a few years back for only the digital images so I’m over the moon!  I did make a few cruise books on shutterfly and it’s a great keepsake!  I recommend the photo package!

On 12/23/2019 at 12:35 PM, Teeara said:

I will ask, are all of the photos 5x7s?

I've bought the all-digital package for my last several cruises. In my experience, they only print 8x10s on board, which are too large for my liking. I print a few 4x6s when I get home to put up at work, and we make a photobook with our best pictures (between our own and the ship's photographers) as a keepsake.

On 12/23/2019 at 10:49 AM, Anna0513 said:

You can view them through kiosk they have setup.  But if you end up buying 10 photos onboard, you would be better off just buying the package pre-cruise for less. 

Edited by Mr. Candyman

7 hours ago, moopetguy said:

I've bought the all-digital package for my last several cruises. In my experience, they only print 8x10s on board, which are too large for my liking. I print a few 4x6s when I get home to put up at work, and we make a photobook with our best pictures (between our own and the ship's photographers) as a keepsake.

Thanks!  I scrapbook all of my cruises, so all sizes are fine, but 8x10 is my favorite.  I love the photo Mickeygirl78 shared.  That's exactly the type of photo I would start with on a port day page in one of my albums.  Everyone looks happy and ready to set out on a great day.

As opposed to Balsam12, we like to look at our photos especially years later to see how much we've all changed.  I would rather spend my money on something that will last like our photos as opposed to spending hundreds of dollars on booze to drink onboard the ship or even some shore excursions.  Everyone is different which is why I like cruising so much.  There are a lot of things for a lot of different tastes and interests.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Teeara said:

As opposed to Balsam12, we like to look at our photos especially years later to see how much we've all changed.  I would rather spend my money on something that will last like our photos as opposed to spending hundreds of dollars on booze to drink onboard the ship or even some shore excursions.  Everyone is different which is why I like cruising so much.  There are a lot of things for a lot of different tastes and interests.

I feel much the same way. Especially with DD growing up so quickly, DW and I like having those memories captured with each family vacation. The photo books are also great for family and friends to flip through, that way we’re not subjecting them to a 200-photo slide presentation like some people might have done in the “old days” 🤣