Those three drink vouchers...

My next cruise on Jewel will be my first RCCL cruise since they started doing that drink voucher thing for Diamond members...

So, as I understand it, these are good during 5:00-8:30 pm in any of the bars onboard, but NOT in the dining room, correct?

So, I can drink in the Diamond Lounge, say, as I usually do, from 5:00 until around 6:45, then head off to dinner... I notice the Lobby Bar is not far outside the entrance to the main dining room on Jewel. Can I then just stop by the Lobby bar and pick up another drink to take into dinner with me? And, during dinner, can I slip out between courses and get another drink and bring it back to the table? Can I bring my wife's card with me and pick her up a glass of wine at the same time? And, then, if it's not yet 8:30 when we get out of dinner, can I go get that third voucher drink on my way out?

Are these drinks limited as to what type of drink (Diamond Lounge menu, well drinks only, etc.)?

Thanks...

My next cruise on Jewel will be my first RCCL cruise since they started doing that drink voucher thing for Diamond members...

So, as I understand it, these are good during 5:00-8:30 pm in any of the bars onboard, but NOT in the dining room, correct?

So, I can drink in the Diamond Lounge, say, as I usually do, from 5:00 until around 6:45, then head off to dinner... I notice the Lobby Bar is not far outside the entrance to the main dining room on Jewel. Can I then just stop by the Lobby bar and pick up another drink to take into dinner with me? And, during dinner, can I slip out between courses and get another drink and bring it back to the table? Can I bring my wife's card with me and pick her up a glass of wine at the same time? And, then, if it's not yet 8:30 when we get out of dinner, can I go get that third voucher drink on my way out?

Are these drinks limited as to what type of drink (Diamond Lounge menu, well drinks only, etc.)?

Thanks...

I have had no problems getting 2 drinks at the same time on my card. No need to take your wife's card with you.

The timing could vary a little depending on when Diamond lounge is open. The Diamond Lounge will typically mirror the Main Dining Room dinner times for traditional seating. For example if late seating starts at 8:30pm, then the Diamond Lounge will also be open until 8:30pm. You can use your vouchers in the bars during the time that the Diamond Lounge is open.

... I notice the Lobby Bar is not far outside the entrance to the main dining room on Jewel. Can I then just stop by the Lobby bar and pick up another drink to take into dinner with me? ... .

Don't waste a voucher taking a drink to dinner. Just take one from the lounge, they don't care much anymore.

On Dec. Oasis cruise we took our wine for dinner with us from DL. One waiter looked at our glass of wine and said, "you are Diamond" and we said yes. He knew because many are carrying their wine with them to dinner.

And, then, if it's not yet 8:30 when we get out of dinner, can I go get that third voucher drink on my way out?

The time can vary from ship to ship. On Freedom two weeks ago the time was 4:30 - 8:00. On Navigator it was 5:00 - 8:30. I'm not sure if it can vary from sailing to sailing on the same ship or not.

Don't waste a voucher taking a drink to dinner. Just take one from the lounge, they don't care much anymore.

That's what we did on our last two cruises - went to the Diamond Lounge before dinner and took a fresh drink with us, from the Diamond Lounge, to dinner. That way you're not using up any of your 3 drink vouchers.

Now I'm a little confused -- as I understood it the 3 drink vouchers are good anywhere (except MDR) but only during the DL happy hours, so if you're drinking in the DL anyway the vouchers are kinda useless?

The idea is to NOT use them instead of drinking in the DL, but in addition...Since we need to go to dinner sometimes (we've got the open seating time), we are planning to have a couple of drinks in the DL, say between 5:00 and 6:45...then go to dinner...and use the vouchers for, say, a third and fourth drink while at dinner...So we'd be doing both. Because, during dinner, we are not running all the way to the other end of the ship and up eight decks for another drink!

The idea is to NOT use them instead of drinking in the DL, but in addition...Since we need to go to dinner sometimes (we've got the open seating time), we are planning to have a couple of drinks in the DL, say between 5:00 and 6:45...then go to dinner...and use the vouchers for, say, a third and fourth drink while at dinner...So we'd be doing both. Because, during dinner, we are not running all the way to the other end of the ship and up eight decks for another drink!

Make sure to ask when you are in the MDR if you can use your drink vouchers. We asked and were able to get a glass or two of wine each with diner using our drink vouchers each evening of the cruise. I realize it's hit and miss but nerves hurts to ask. We were on the Explorer 2016.

That's what we did on our last two cruises - went to the Diamond Lounge before dinner and took a fresh drink with us, from the Diamond Lounge, to dinner. That way you're not using up any of your 3 drink vouchers.

So are the drink vouchers only good for the special designated time frame or anytime and the DL is a designated time?? Not that i should care i will have to wait until next year when i am Diamond.

Are people saying they leave the DR and go to the bar to buy drinks to take to the table while eating. lol

So are the drink vouchers only good for the special designated time frame or anytime and the DL is a designated time?? Not that i should care i will have to wait until next year when i am Diamond.

Are people saying they leave the DR and go to the bar to buy drinks to take to the table while eating. lol

Both the drink vouchers and the free drinks in the DL are for a designated time period, usually 3.5 hours in the evening. If early traditional dinner is 6pm, then the cocktail period is normally 5pm to 8:30pm.

Don't laugh, on our Serenade Thanksgiving cruise our wine did not arrive until the dessert menu. We learned to carry wine in the MDR if we wanted wine with dinner.

Not all ships are this slow with service.