Concierge Class Host(ess) vs. Captain's Club Host(ess)

Shadow9612

I regularly sail in a concierge class cabin, but have never visited the concierge desk or spoke to a concierge class host/hostess.

What services does the concierge class host offer different than captain's club host, while on board.

I've never visited either, and wonder what I may be missing out on :)

After reading a recent thread on a helipad invite, I may try for that (I've never been invited) and/or a bridge tour (are these only available now as a paid tour?)

Any other ideas would be welcome. Thank you.

The Captains Club host/hostess coordinates the Captains Club events and is available to answer questions or resolve issues regarding Captains Clun benefits

To my knowledge there is no Concierge Host/Hostess; there is a Concierge for passengers in Concierge. We have never used there services but I believe they can make dinner reservations, advise on ports, and answer questions. You may want to ask them about the helipad and/or bridge tour.

Good morning, I have been in CC class multiple times over the years and I have never seen a "Concierge Host/hostess" for this category.

The Concierge's Desk is for anyone (as far as I have ever seen/known), Capt's Club Hostess? Most of them deal with

on board events, Capt's cocktail party, Capt's Table, etc........I don't believe the Concierge has anything to do with that stuff.

Being invited to the Heliopad? Try the Capt's Club Hostess for that one.....

As already noted, the Concierge is a person who can book things for you -- dinners, special shore excursions, things that require a reservation somewhere. If something terrible happens and you need to leave the ship early, the Concierge will help make plane reservations and transfers for you. If your luggage goes astray and doesn't make it to the ship, the Concierge will help you work with the airline to get it to you at an upcoming port.

The Captain's Club host/hostess do not do this. They are in charge of all Captain's Club events, and can answer questions for you about your points or status.

You may never need either of the people.

The concierge is available to everyone on the ship. Has nothing to do with the class of cabin you're sailing in. Suites have their own concierge who is located in Michael's Club.

Hi Linda!

I thought the same, and just posted this to another thread, (the helipad thread) but am being told I am wrong and the CC class does have their own concierge?

It was introduced with the latest CC cabin enhancements according to a poster.

Maybe someone who did/is sailing right now in a CC cabin can fill us in?

We do suites, so I'm not sure what other cabin amenities become available at any given time.

Hi Linda!

I thought the same, and just posted this to another thread, (the helipad thread) but am being told I am wrong and the CC class does have their own concierge?

It was introduced with the latest CC cabin enhancements according to a poster.

Maybe someone who did/is sailing right now in a CC cabin can fill us in?

We do suites, so I'm not sure what other cabin amenities become available at any given time.

From the X website regarding Concierge Class:

'Our meticulously thought out Concierge Class staterooms, where the little details make a world of difference, are now even better. Featuring new services, amenities, and exclusive events, step inside and discover a room that’s so much more than a room—it’s an experience. Concierge Class staterooms are well-appointed, personal retreats which are located in some of the most-desirable locations on the ship.

As a Concierge Class guest, your team of dedicated professionals will take care of all your vacation needs. From Priority Check-In—when you’re greeted by your Concierge—to the moment you head back home, we’re there to assist you.'

We were introduced at the pier to the Concierge and also had cause to use his services during one of our sailings because our travelling companions did not receive their welcome aboard wine. I also can clarify that Dutchclogs (see post above) has used the Concierge concierge's services to have her shoes repaired during a cruise ;). His desk was manned in the library at set times throughout the cruise.

From the Celebrity Website:

Services

• NEW Dedicated Onboard Concierge desk
  • Priority check-in
  • NEW Concierge availability during pier check-in
  • Priority disembarkation based on travel needs
  • Exclusive pre-departure lounge
  • NEW Exclusive Destination Seminar arranged by the Concierge
  • Complimentary shoeshine service

We recently sailed on the Silhouette and there is indeed a concierge for the CC class. Her desk was in an area of the Library. Our invitation to the Helipad sailaway was signed by her.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Silhouette in September and we did visit the dedicated Concierge near the library. We had terrible internet service the day before disembarking in Rome and she let us use her computer to check-in for our flight and print our boarding passes. She also called us several times during the cruise to let us know about events and left messages on our voice mail.

Well my friend, who was in an inside cabin, needed the services of the concierge to help her leave the ship early due to a death in the family. The concierge made all the arrangements for her. I seriously doubt that Celebrity has added an extra concierge to the ship to deal with the relatively small number of concierge class cabins. My guess is that not many people were aware that there was a concierge on board and that Celebrity is now promoting this.

On the Solstice for example the Concierge and the Captains club host sit either side of the library and are generally in residence at the same time. The Concierge is in my view an extension of guest relations who can handle most queries. Because cruise lines are so customer focused I am sure that if anyone appeared at any of the concierge desks they would do what they could to resolve a problem. The captains Club host's job is to look after all matters pertaining to Captain's Club members and issues and to look after VIP guests

We have often sailed Concierge Class and have made use of the services they provide many times. They have reconfirmed our air travel reservations, printed our boarding passes, gotten our seating for the plane home when necessary. They have made reservations for us both on the ship and in ports as well as advised us about quiet beaches, and interesting places to visit on port days. The concierge usually has a specific desk that is staffed at posted hours. On our most recent cruise the concierge shared with us that although she was there for Concierge Class guests, she would not refuse requests made by guests in any class of stateroom. On one recent cruise I filled out an in-cruise survey asking for guest feedback about service around the ship. The last question asked what X could do to make the cruise more pleasant. After complimenting several outstanding staff members we'd encountered I suggested that X provide hairdryers that did not require the power button to be pressed to maintain airflow. I mentioned that guests with dexterity issues, or with long or especially thick hair found them cumbersome to use. The next day, while dressing for dinner, our cabin phone rang. Since DH was in the shower and we were travelling alone I could not imagine who could be calling. It was the Concierge. She had read my survey and called to say that although she had searched the ship, the only X provided hairdryers were the type already described. She then offered the use of her personal hairdryer for the remainder of the cruise. I thanked her profusely but declined since I'd brought my own and told her it was just a suggestion. I am still impressed by that level of consideration and service and wrote a letter to Celebrity telling them what an asset employees like that are to the company! (We also gave her an extra gratuity!)

We have often sailed Concierge Class and have made use of the services they provide many times. They have reconfirmed our air travel reservations, printed our boarding passes, gotten our seating for the plane home when necessary. They have made reservations for us both on the ship and in ports as well as advised us about quiet beaches, and interesting places to visit on port days. The concierge usually has a specific desk that is staffed at posted hours. On our most recent cruise the concierge shared with us that although she was there for Concierge Class guests, she would not refuse requests made by guests in any class of stateroom. On one recent cruise I filled out an in-cruise survey asking for guest feedback about service around the ship. The last question asked what X could do to make the cruise more pleasant. After complimenting several outstanding staff members we'd encountered I suggested that X provide hairdryers that did not require the power button to be pressed to maintain airflow. I mentioned that guests with dexterity issues, or with long or especially thick hair found them cumbersome to use. The next day, while dressing for dinner, our cabin phone rang. Since DH was in the shower and we were travelling alone I could not imagine who could be calling. It was the Concierge. She had read my survey and called to say that although she had searched the ship, the only X provided hairdryers were the type already described. She then offered the use of her personal hairdryer for the remainder of the cruise. I thanked her profusely but declined since I'd brought my own and told her it was just a suggestion. I am still impressed by that level of consideration and service and wrote a letter to Celebrity telling them what an asset employees like that are to the company! (We also gave her an extra gratuity!)

Wow, that is phenomenal service. So nice to hear.

The Captains Club host/hostess coordinates the Captains Club events and is available to answer questions or resolve issues regarding Captains Clun benefits

To my knowledge there is no Concierge Host/Hostess; there is a Concierge for passengers in Concierge. We have never used there services but I believe they can make dinner reservations, advise on ports, and answer questions. You may want to ask them about the helipad and/or bridge tour.

I'm very interested in the helipad, so for sure I will ask one or both!

Thank you all for your comments!

When you go to any upscale land based hotel, there is typically a Concierge who is there to answer questions, assist with getting tickets (tours, plays etc), make dinner arrangements, call a doctor etc. Think of him/her as being your assistant away from home that is familiar with the area.

This is the same concept as the Concierge on the ship. There is one Concierge for the whole ship (with the exception of suite guests which you'll notice those that stay in suites are always so quick to point out, whether you asked about it or not). However, the Concierge is tasked with being more visible to concierge cabin travelers. It's part of Celebrity's initiative to differentiate between non-concierge, concierge, and aqua passengers.

It's nice to know this person is there and more passengers should take advantage of his/her services. Guest services is not always the best place to go for help. You go to them when there is a problem to be solved (and it seems always to be a struggle, when there is a genuine problem).

When you go to any upscale land based hotel, there is typically a Concierge who is there to answer questions, assist with getting tickets (tours, plays etc), make dinner arrangements, call a doctor etc. Think of him/her as being your assistant away from home that is familiar with the area.

This is the same concept as the Concierge on the ship. There is one Concierge for the whole ship (with the exception of suite guests which you'll notice those that stay in suites are always so quick to point out, whether you asked about it or not). However, the Concierge is tasked with being more visible to concierge cabin travelers. It's part of Celebrity's initiative to differentiate between non-concierge, concierge, and aqua passengers.

It's nice to know this person is there and more passengers should take advantage of his/her services. Guest services is not always the best place to go for help. You go to them when there is a problem to be solved (and it seems always to be a struggle, when there is a genuine problem).

Thank you, this helps put it into more perspective. Much appreciated.