Royal Refund "Sale"

Sometimes it pays to check the everlasting "sales" every once in awhile....

Just gave up my C&A discount on our JS 9618 cruise on Navigator in Nov. 2018. Price of the cruise went up $150, but came with $300 in OBC.

Same situation with us for our January 2019 cruises!! YEAH! :cool:

We can come out ahead on an October Liberty sailing (higher price by $100 but would get $300 OBC instead of $0). We are aware we might need to cancel this cruise though and it is currently with a 75 day out date. I'm assuming that would change to 90 days?

We can come out ahead on an October Liberty sailing (higher price by $100 but would get $300 OBC instead of $0). We are aware we might need to cancel this cruise though and it is currently with a 75 day out date. I'm assuming that would change to 90 days?

The final payment date should not change unless to cancel and rebook. The final payment date is tied to the date you originally made the booking.

The final payment date should not change unless to cancel and rebook. The final payment date is tied to the date you originally made the booking.

Thank you. I just called and repriced. I can confirm the cancellation date stayed the same.

I saved a few hundred bucks on our cruise next February and got the $300 obc from Royal and also got $350 obc from our travel agent. An overall amount back in my pocket from my original booking of like $500 between savings and obc!

why only once in a while? i do it every day and keep track on a spreadsheet what the 'sales' are :halo:

Funny, I just created a spreadsheet to track what we have booked vs. whatever the current sale is. :D I just called to take advantage of this sale. We're actually paying $24 more for our cruise, but get $50 OBC for the trouble. I'll take the net $26!

I took a gander...I passed on our balcony discounts and paid $104 more per stateroom for the $200 additional OBC for each stateroom. So we "win" this current deal to the tune of $192 ($96 per stateroom). We'll spend that money in OBC, so this works for me!

Just checked on two other cruises I have for 2019 B2B on Freedom...I can pay an additional $229.00 per cruise and get an additional $300 OBC (already have $100 for booking onboard) for each cruise...so total OBC per cruise is $400...not sure what to do now ..never had these choices before and I'm :confused:...What do you all think...would you ? How would I spend this much credit ?

Use it to pay your gratuities.

I spent 10 minutes on the phone today to realize about a $22 savings by rebooking my 2019 cruise with the new deal. (That "savings" is taking into consideration the OBC.) Not much, but worth 10 minutes on the phone to earn what essentially works out to a free tropical cocktail on board!

We have 6 cabins booked for a family cruise in September. 4 of the 6 cabins would have benefited from this promotion. A small increase in price would have netted more in OBC. Our cabin is now priced $4 higher and eligible for $75 OBC. However our travel agent tell us that Royal Caribbean will not allow us to change our current booking to the new promotion.

We'll be using a different travel agent for our next cruise!

Do I have to call Royal Caribbean to book without my C&A discount? I prefer to book online, and I wasn't sure if I could just book without logging in or adding my C&A number.

Yes, you can book without your C&A number.

We have 6 cabins booked for a family cruise in September. 4 of the 6 cabins would have benefited from this promotion. A small increase in price would have netted more in OBC. Our cabin is now priced $4 higher and eligible for $75 OBC. However our travel agent tell us that Royal Caribbean will not allow us to change our current booking to the new promotion.

I would just tell the TA to call and ask anyway. They are working for you and should at least make an attempt.

Unless you are after final payment date that does not sound right

I would just tell the TA to call and ask anyway. They are working for you and should at least make an attempt.

I've asked them twice. They claim they were told by Royal Caribbean that this was their policy.

I agree with you - they are supposed to be working for us.

Unless you are after final payment date that does not sound right

The cruise is in September. We're definitely before final payment.

I even sent them a link to this thread to show that others have been able to modify their booking. They just repeated their position. They don't seem to care or want to make any effort to try.

Norma

The cruise is in September. We're definitely before final payment.

I even sent them a link to this thread to show that others have been able to modify their booking. They just repeated their position. They don't seem to care or want to make any effort to try.

Norma

Norma,

The info you have been given is incorrect. You might want to try and call RCI Resolutions Dept (800) 205-9812 or contacting RCI's Executive Guest Advocate (866) 440-7225. Of course I realize the TA owns your booking and as such the general RCI reps can't discuss this normally with you directly.....but I would sure try this way around.

Have you also considered (tried) speaking to the manager of the TA firm you're dealing with?

Best of luck.

Anytime they offer a "promo OBC" or "instant discount", the C&A discount is not combinable. It usually serves as a way to exclude C&A members from a promo.

That is a big complaint of mine.

The Crown and Anchor "perks" are practically non existent because they always run some sort of sale the makes a balcony discount unavailable.

I just had a phone call with them about this yesterday.

The Crown and Anchor "perks" are practically non existent because they always run some sort of sale the makes a balcony discount unavailable.

Additionally, that same fake sale serves to kill the shareholder benefit most of the time and also devalue the Visa points redemptions.

• 1 month later...

I booked a balcony for Jan 2019, thinking I had $200 OBC. Called Royal today for a price drop (very minimal), to find out that I don't have $200 OBC, because I took advantage of the $100 C & A Balcony discount. So, I essentially paid an extra $100 for being a loyal customer.

I booked a balcony for Jan 2019' date=' thinking I had $200 OBC. Called Royal today for a price drop (very minimal), to find out that I don't have $200 OBC, because I took advantage of the $100 C & A Balcony discount. So, I essentially paid an extra $100 for being a loyal customer.[/quote']

Can't they eliminate the BD and give you the OBC, or cancel and rebook without taking the OBC.

Can't they eliminate the BD and give you the OBC, or cancel and rebook without taking the OBC.

You are correct, they should have offered removing the balcony discount as an option.