Harmony - Charged $25 for a Beach Towel, left in cabin

I left a neatly folded light blue beach towel atop the cabin dresser before my final disembarkation of Harmony of the Seas.

Earlier in the week, I checked the large towel out using my Sea Pas, pool side. I recalled just before my final disembark, that it was tucked away in a drawer. I was sure my cabin steward would collect it AND confirm with billing that the item was not "missing". When I returned home, I found an updated billing statement (e-mailed) and discovered the $25 charge :(. I guess RCI differs with CCL on this practice.

Anyone familiar with this? What are my chances of receiving a credit through customer service?

Edited by Oaklandish70

Call. Was it exactly $25? There have been a few reports if people bring charged for 4 bottles of water which is appx $25.

We were on Harmony and our cabin steward kept taking out towels before we could return them. We asked her about the charge and she said they never charge.

Call. Was it exactly $25? There have been a few reports if people bring charged for 4 bottles of water which is appx $25.

We were on Harmony and our cabin steward kept taking out towels before we could return them. We asked her about the charge and she said they never charge.

Exactly $25! Itemized as "Pool Towel"!

Exactly $25! Itemized as "Pool Towel"!

I would call. Chances are pretty good that they will remove the charge. I haven't heard of anyone who has called about the water not having the charge reversed and I suspect the same would hold true for the towels, especially with a reasonable explanation such as yours.

I would call. Chances are pretty good that they will remove the charge. I haven't heard of anyone who has called about the water not having the charge reversed and I suspect the same would hold true for the towels, especially with a reasonable explanation such as yours.

I agree. I had the now famous water charge for bottles that we did not consume and there was no problem having the charge reversed

I left a neatly folded light blue beach towel atop the cabin dresser before my final disembarkation of Harmony of the Seas.

Earlier in the week, I checked the large towel out using my Sea Pas, pool side. I recalled just before my final disembark, that it was tucked away in a drawer. I was sure my cabin steward would collect it AND confirm with billing that the item was not "missing". When I returned home, I found an updated billing statement (e-mailed) and discovered the $25 charge :(. I guess RCI differs with CCL on this practice.

Anyone familiar with this? What are my chances of receiving a credit through customer service?

You need to check the towel back in, you can't just leave it in the cabin. Call though, they will remove the charge. Didn't know you could leave them in the cabin on Carnival, good to know if we ever sail them.

You need to check the towel back in, you can't just leave it in the cabin. Call though, they will remove the charge. Didn't know you could leave them in the cabin on Carnival, good to know if we ever sail them.

Carnival has them in the cabin to begin with. The room steward will exchange them for new ones.

Carnival has them in the cabin to begin with. The room steward will exchange them for new ones.

Yes, this is true!

But, I have checked out additional pool towels with my Sail & Sign Card (Carnival) poolside, and those extra pool towels would be accounted for if left in my cabin. I'll keep the sting posted.

Interesting that such a charge ever appeared. I was looking at this issue on Navigator last week and at both the pool deck and deck 1 towel stations, the reader's data cable which reads your Seapass card is NOT connected to anything.

Interesting that such a charge ever appeared. I was looking at this issue on Navigator last week and at both the pool deck and deck 1 towel stations, the reader's data cable which reads your Seapass card is NOT connected to anything.

We noticed the same thing on Rhapsody this past February.

On Serenade last February, they were charging for pool towels.

We were surprised that among the dirty dishes one cabin put out in the hallway overnight, were

several discarded blue towels on that pile. Not sure if they were charged for not turning

them in.

I'm pretty sure they either download those periodically (onboard storage) or more likely they are connected via WiFi.

It's not 1990, things don't need cables to work anymore. 😛

Sent from my Galaxy S7 Edge using Forums App

I'm pretty sure they either download those periodically (onboard storage) or more likely they are connected via WiFi.

Given the nature of that cable (DB9 connector - which is 80s serial technology and very rarely used currently) I seriously doubt either one of those scenarios.

If they scan your sea pass card when requesting a pool towel your sea pass card must be scanned when you return the pool towel. It's not the cabin attendants responsibility to confirm anything with billing.

we had some towels in our room that we hadnt returned yet - upon return from dinner, I found they had been removed from the room by my steward. i told him we had signed them out and he said dont worry about it. No charge ever appeared.

we had some towels in our room that we hadnt returned yet - upon return from dinner, I found they had been removed from the room by my steward. i told him we had signed them out and he said dont worry about it. No charge ever appeared.

Not surprising, I think at least several ships are doing the fake towel scans now.

On Serenade last February, they were charging for pool towels.

We were surprised that among the dirty dishes one cabin put out in the hallway overnight, were

several discarded blue towels on that pile. Not sure if they were charged for not turning

them in.

Our Serenade trip last week did not scan at all.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app