New Look on Celebrity Website

vtcruising

Here is one of the many examples of lack of functionality. In your earlier post you mentioned:

"Along the way, fellow cruisers, I hit a page during my mock booking that allowed me to choose "deals found for me" where I was able to decide on GO BIG BEST OR BETTER."

+

Problem is, there is currently no way to get to the page that lets you look at the price for zero perks with a 55+ or residence fare.

1. Maybe Celebrity has decided to do away with that option??? I think it also depends on the itinerary.

2. I just looked at a Silhouette Caribbean cruise on the old website and chose AQ which gave me the option to GO Better (2 perks) or Go Best (all 4 of course). When I chose the "Want to see if you qualify for a different discount?" link, it brought me to the page where you enter your state and check the 55+ box. When I hit "check for offer" the perk choice was made for me - 2 perks (Drinks and OBC). If I click on SKIP, the same thing happened - the choice was made for me.

3. And you're right, no option exists on new website, for now. Hoping that changes for you and that you find the option you're looking for eventually on the new site.

Our present specific issues are:

We'd like to find out via our "My Celebrity" page the excursions that are available for booking on our Silhouette cruise, and also see confirmations of booked and paid for excursions & specialty dining for all our booked cruises....something easily done previously.

The number of points we need to get to Zenith from E plus is really of no great interest...but that is displayed quite large.. We have 3 diff computers....all diff OS..no luck so far

. We have time before we sail again so will wait it out....we can call X for just about anything we need. Our needs are simple..manage the res, nothing more!

I had some luck with these items using Firefox as a search engine. This was recommended by someone on another website frustration post. No guarantees.

I think it's pretty clear that someone had a 4/30 implementation date on their performance plan (or contract). The new site isn't ready for prime time, but someone will claim "they made their date".
Exactly what I had been thinking, that meeting target date on a major project would make a nice addition to the resume of someone who screwed up and needs to be out looking for another job . clear.png?emoji-winktongue-1704

(Or at least whoever was responsible for this latest website fiasco would now be out looking for another job if this had occurred at almost any company other than Celebrity.)

I love the cute active graphic that comes up when you click on PORTS for a specific itinerary. That's cool. It paints a 'journey' showing each port the ship will visit.

This is an excellent example of Celebrity's misplaced priorities when it comes to website design, implementation and maintenance.

For years, those responsible for the Celebrity website have been giving appearance and cutesy graphics precedence over function and reliability.

From a customer's viewpoint, their number one priority should be providing a rock solid website that works correctly, is easy to use and efficiently does the things we need it to do.

Those pretty and gimmicky features should be a lower level consideration, to be added later, after the essential features are working correctly.

Ideally, a well-designed website should be able to provide both.

But when it comes to prioritizing, it is much better to have a plain vanilla functional Celebrity website that works correctly and does the things it is supposed to do rather than a glitzy looking one that dazzles us with graphics but is unreliable and frustrating to use.

Here is one of the many examples of lack of functionality. In your earlier post you mentioned:

"Along the way, fellow cruisers, I hit a page during my mock booking that allowed me to choose "deals found for me" where I was able to decide on GO BIG BEST OR BETTER."

Problem is, there is currently no way to get to the page that lets you look at the price for zero perks with a 55+ or residence fare.

This morning when I went to the X website on Internet Explorer, the new site popped up (wasn't there yesterday). I logged in and my reservation for my next cruise said I was going to UNDISCLOSED for Undisclosed nights in Undisclosed. My cabin number had a check mark, no number. Under dining, another check mark. Nothing I clicked on was working. I closed the window, and then deleted my cookies and cache and was able to access the old site and accomplish what I needed to do. The old site was never appreciated as much as it is now. The Captains Club rep I spoke with this morning was at her wits end with all the frustrated customers and they know the new site's a MESS. I wouldn't be surprised if it is shut down very shortly. Looking pretty won't help much when a site is showing a cruise for Dec. 2018 as paid in full. My cruise cannot be the only one like that. When customers start asking for full refunds and cancelling cruises that haven't been paid but show on their site I'm guessing that they may catch on.;p It's only a matter of time until someone tries it!

I could start out by saying that I had 20 years experience doing IT graphic system design for one of the biggest banks in the world (and I'm not exaggerating) but other people have already presented their “bona fides” so why bother. I will say that IMHO this new "system" does not even qualify as a beta test although I did find it challenging, albeit frustrating, to do a mock booking once I stumbled upon their (il)logic flow.

That being said, I'll give kudos for one big improvement in the new site -- you can now view all the available cabins when you do a booking. So I guess we have "One small step for..." Celebrity cruisers and no large leap for Celebrity itself.

PS They'll fix it...because it's a revenue killer if they don't

On the main browsing area for excursions, I put in Carib, then Barbados; and up came some very nice excursions in Seattle and Pacific NW although we are not sailing there.....it was not operator error!

On the main browsing area for excursions, I put in Carib, then Barbados; and up came some very nice excursions in Seattle and Pacific NW although we are not sailing there.....it was not operator error!

Similar thing happened to me. I was looking at a deck plan with available rooms at a Millenium itinerary before I was looking at booking one for Reflection, before I realized, heading showed my Reflection itinerary but deck plan showed the Millenium sailing.

What a mess!:mad: I couldn't get into my reservation nor I could check pricing for my TA next year...What is a point to spend millions of dollars for another dysfunctional website, that leaves their customers upset and frustrated.

I was able to clear cache and cookies from chrome and return to old site. New site needs lots of work beyond pretty pictures.

Big plus for being able to see all available cabins, but no categories.

Before we all start getting excited about this, let's not forget that Celebrity's UK website has been showing all available cabins for quite some time, and some of the 3rd party websites do as well.

Before we all start getting excited about this, let's not forget that Celebrity's UK website has been showing all available cabins for quite some time, and some of the 3rd party websites do as well.

That explains why I was confused as in Australia we have always seen all available cabins on our celebrity website.

Celebrity have botched this entire rollout, but IT has never been a strong suit of many cruise lines let alone RCCL/Celebrity. If they want an example of a good cruise line website that is customer friendly and intuitive and highly functional they need to take a visit to princess.com :cool::D:cool: just sayin .......

Stuff happens. I accessed one of my reservations and made shore excursion reservations. And later received email confirmation. Sorry it didn't work for you. But really, it is a crisis because today on this day right now you can't make shore excursion reservations on your five future cruises? Maybe you can wait a day or two? Of course there are issues with a major change. People on this forum have been bitching since forever about the Celebrity website. Hey guys, guess what! They are actively working to switch to a new system. No more need to complain and complain about why don't they fix the system! They have committed resources to fix it. Something is happening. Change is coming. There are glitches as with any new complex system. Get over it, it will get fixed. The weekend is here. Have a drink, go for a walk, kiss your spouse and/or your dog and be happy.

Wow, someone has their panties in a wad or you must work for Celebrity. Maybe if they would get their act together and stop putting out crap then so many people wouldn't be complaining. Ever think of that? :rolleyes:

Try making a payment, it gave me a receipt but that's it, never charged the credit card and never posted the payment to the booking, given that I have a printed copy of that receipt I would say it's a website issue not a PICNIC issue

Ps by going to the old website I was able to successfully make the payment....so now I have two payment receipts from Celebrity, but only one charge and one posting to the invoice....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No thank you. I wouldn't consider making a payment on a website that Celebrity admitted (in post 6 on this thread) was being tested in a controlled environment. I sure hope for your sake the payment page was secure.

I would follow the advice here on how to get back to the old website... As you did... And make my payment there or call Celebrity or my TA.

Disclaimer from me, I never said the website was perfectly functional.

Since the OPs title of this thread focused on the new look so did my original post and I will stand by that opinion. The new website looks a ton better than the old one and I'm excited to see this change.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Celebrity have botched this entire rollout, but IT has never been a strong suit of many cruise lines let alone RCCL/Celebrity. If they want an example of a good cruise line website that is customer friendly and intuitive and highly functional they need to take a visit to princess.com :cool::D:cool: just sayin .......

A warning to to others...do NOT go to princess.com!!! (it will just make celebrities seem that much worse)

I have never cruised with them, but there web site should be used as an example of how to do one right!

Also unable to get any access to Shore excursions for my 10/9/17 cruise. Had it work briefly but can not get there now- get message in red that says wrong ID 4. Celebrity says try next week because she's not having any problem. The idea of having to input all res info each time is dumb.

There is no reason why the new website shouldn't be reverted to the old site now all these issues have been determined. They can then be sorted offline. How it passed initial testing beggars belief as some of the issues are central to the website function. And will now take some time to sort. But keeping the poorly functioning website operational is nonsensical now - the issues are too significant. Even if it looks nice.

There is no reason why the new website shouldn't be reverted to the old site now all these issues have been determined. They can then be sorted offline. How it passed initial testing beggars belief as some of the issues are central to the website function. And will now take some time to sort. But keeping the poorly functioning website operational is nonsensical now - the issues are too significant. Even if it looks nice.

I couldn't agree more. :D

As a matter of fact, I sent an email to Captain's Club yesterday suggesting they take it down.

I don't really think they figured they'd get so much traffic. Perhaps they underestimated the power of Cruise Critic. :eek:

Has Celebrity official posted here or elsewhere!

.They may not realize all the issues folks are experiencing...

Feel bad for those who need to do stuff now for cruises coming up soon. They should set up a phone & e mail hotline for that.