New Look on Celebrity Website

vtcruising

Has Celebrity official posted here or elsewhere!

.They may not realize all the issues folks are experiencing...

Feel bad for those who need to do stuff now for cruises coming up soon. They should set up a phone & e mail hotline for that.

See post 6 on this thread. That's where Celebrity commented that the roll-out was supposed to be a test in a controlled environment.

A Feedback tab would have been nice. Had that on the roll-out of another vacation website I work with for land vacations.

HCAT why can't you access the old website? I've still got access on Chrome which is my default browser. I can access everything as usual there.

• 2 weeks later...

WELP! At the risk of beating a dead horse, the new website apparently went global last night and I have access to the old one no longer!!!! :loudcry:

And boy is the new one a mess still. :mad: Tried it on Google Chrome and it's even worse on MS Edge which wouldn't even paint the cabin selection page but instead, froze up the entire page where nothing was hot to click and displayed a weird message back to me.

So I just composed a long email to CelebrityOneTouch at celebrity dot com outlining all the problems I ran into while on the new website.

Also sent an email to the mobileapp email, mobile at celebrity dot com since the Celebrity Cruises app crashes and doesn't even let me sign in.

Celebrity Cruises if you're watching, fix it fast or people looking to book from your website will go somewhere else, perhaps to something else. Celebrity, you have FAILED the new website launch.

WELP! At the risk of beating a dead horse, the new website apparently went global last night and I have access to the old one no longer!!!! :loudcry:

And boy is the new one a mess still. :mad: Tried it on Google Chrome and it's even worse on MS Edge which wouldn't even paint the cabin selection page but instead, froze up the entire page where nothing was hot to click and displayed a weird message back to me.

So I just composed a long email to CelebrityOneTouch at celebrity dot com outlining all the problems I ran into while on the new website.

Also sent an email to the mobileapp email, mobile at celebrity dot com since the Celebrity Cruises app crashes and doesn't even let me sign in.

Celebrity Cruises if you're watching, fix it fast or people looking to book from your website will go somewhere else, perhaps to something else. Celebrity, you have FAILED the new website launch.

That is so disappointing! I still can access the old website with Chrome this afternoon - I think I will get in there right now and do everything I planned to do with my reservations this week in case that goes. Thanks for the heads up!

That is so disappointing! I still can access the old website with Chrome this afternoon - I think I will get in there right now and do everything I planned to do with my reservations this week in case that goes. Thanks for the heads up!

Urgh I'm jealous and no problemo

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I confess I am fairly lo tech,,.I use the gen Celeb website to browse for cruises, port and excursion info, ship features, deck plans etc, I do this on my tablet.( android)

Dh who is computer literate and has some programming background, uses our laptop or regular computer to do all booking info, dinner and excursion booking, ordering luggage tags, express pass etc, These are the basic things customers do in the My Cruise Planner..

None of it is working very well...but confess we have not tried it recently...our next final pament not due til July..we will do that via Cap Club and verify everything extra that we paid for is shown on the res...Less Stress...

But by giving up browsing means less interest in booking!

I confess I am fairly lo tech,,.I use the gen Celeb website to browse for cruises, port and excursion info, ship features, deck plans etc, I do this on my tablet.( android)

Dh who is computer literate and has some programming background, uses our laptop or regular computer to do all booking info, dinner and excursion booking, ordering luggage tags, express pass etc, These are the basic things customers do in the My Cruise Planner..

None of it is working very well...but confess we have not tried it recently...our next final pament not due til July..we will do that via Cap Club and verify everything extra that we paid for is shown on the res...Less Stress...

But by giving up browsing means less interest in booking!

Browse on another site, call celebrity and maybe when they're flooded with emails complaining about their creepy website and phone calls from passengers trying to book cruises, maybe then they'll get the idea.... Maybe not.

But yeah I wouldn't make any payments on the website as it is.

Another reason (of many) never to book directly with Celebrity. Always hear the "but I am in control of my reservation" (so I don't mind that it costs me hundreds of dollars or more). If you have to do everything by phone because the website is unusable, what possible advantage could that be?

...But yeah I wouldn't make any payments on the website as it is.

Over the last two weeks I have made interim and final payments on my August cruise. I have booked a shore excursion. I have ordered some gifts (flowers, wine) for stateroom delivery. I have revised my Profile to reflect a new passport with new # and expiration date. I have received appropriate receipts, my payment status has been appropriately updated etc. In short, the site is working. (And yes, I am keeping paper copies and screen shots as backup just in case...)

There are many pluses with the new site in my humble opinion. E.g., I like that my booked cruises are shown in chronological order of when the cruise happens, (next one up is on top of the list, etc) not in the order they were booked. The biggest fail right now, again IMHO, is that you cannot look for and book an excursion from within Manage My Reservation. Instead you need to leave the reservation, start over with Res#, Name, Ship, and Date to get into the Excursions branch of the program. And then there are the occasional dead link and mindless error message. E.g., if you try to CheckIn before the cruise is open for check in (90 days out I guess), the link doesn't take you to a page saying "Hey fella, it is too early to check in for that cruise! Chill out and wait a few days!" Instead it goes to a generic error message "This page doesn't exist" or something like that. But the basic functionality seems to be there.

[using Safari 10.1 on an iMac]

Stan

Over the last two weeks I have made interim and final payments on my August cruise. I have booked a shore excursion. I have ordered some gifts (flowers, wine) for stateroom delivery. I have revised my Profile to reflect a new passport with new # and expiration date. I have received appropriate receipts, my payment status has been appropriately updated etc. In short, the site is working. (And yes, I am keeping paper copies and screen shots as backup just in case...)

There are many pluses with the new site in my humble opinion. E.g., I like that my booked cruises are shown in chronological order of when the cruise happens, (next one up is on top of the list, etc) not in the order they were booked. The biggest fail right now, again IMHO, is that you cannot look for and book an excursion from within Manage My Reservation. Instead you need to leave the reservation, start over with Res#, Name, Ship, and Date to get into the Excursions branch of the program. And then there are the occasional dead link and mindless error message. E.g., if you try to CheckIn before the cruise is open for check in (90 days out I guess), the link doesn't take you to a page saying "Hey fella, it is too early to check in for that cruise! Chill out and wait a few days!" Instead it goes to a generic error message "This page doesn't exist" or something like that. But the basic functionality seems to be there.

[using Safari 10.1 on an iMac]

Stan

Encouraging news!!!

Good luck with that strategy. I was still getting the old website with chrome on my laptop. I signed into My Celebrity as usual, then clicked Manage My Reservation as usual. It then took me to the new website which promptly froze. After I back out of the new site by closing down and restarting my computer, I could no longer access the old site. It's impossible to price check an existing reservation without going through many more steps, and every time I think I've gotten close, it freezes. I called Captains Club and the rep I spoke with had the same problem. He just called me back after several hours and I was able to go a little further than before without the freezing problem. However, when selecting a cabin it offers as options only forward, mid ship and aft within each category. It's impossibly difficult to navigate. Thank heavens the IT department is not navigating the ships!

In an effort to provide all of our guests with the best possible web experience, we are limiting traffic to our new site at this time so we can test in a controlled environment. This will allow us to learn and get feedback from a small population of users as well as rectify any disruptive issues.

Laborious to navigate for experienced users to search and get things done! Did not work well on iPad at all. I was searching for a cruise for us and family members and I couldn't email itinerary. Also, if I wanted to go back to previouse page, I was asked if I was sure I wanted to exit and logged me out. After six or more times of being logged out, I grew weary. Beautiful photos are not a replacement for concise information, quick access to searches and booked reservations.

I am sure glitches will be worked out but it is still a very laborious site meant for marketing NOT booking. Very disappointed right now. :mad:

Laborious to navigate for experienced users to search and get things done! Did not work well on iPad at all. I was searching for a cruise for us and family members and I couldn't email itinerary. Also, if I wanted to go back to previouse page, I was asked if I was sure I wanted to exit and logged me out. After six or more times of being logged out, I grew weary. Beautiful photos are not a replacement for concise information, quick access to searches and booked reservations.

I am sure glitches will be worked out but it is still a very laborious site meant for marketing NOT booking. Very disappointed right now. :mad:

I agree! It boggles the mind.

In an effort to provide all of our guests with the best possible web experience, we are limiting traffic to our new site at this time so we can test in a controlled environment. This will allow us to learn and get feedback from a small population of users as well as rectify any disruptive issues.

And without a feedback tab.....brilliant.

User testing...... Brilliant and 'cheap'.

I'm annoyed as well. I spent an hour yesterday on the website documenting all the problems I found in that hour. My hourly rate is $200. I'll take that in obc please. Geez.

The new site makes me wonder about the value of consultants. Presumably, the new web site is a result of or has been reviewed with Accenture. That press release can be found here.

It appears that perhaps the blind have hired the blind, so to speak.

The new site makes me wonder about the value of consultants. Presumably, the new web site is a result of or has been reviewed with Accenture. That press release can be found here.

Thank you for posting this. I have jumped on the bandwagon of the frustrated with the new website and with a company that would allow this to happen. Test test test before production go live. Even I know that and I haven't programmed since COBOL days.

Celebrity should reduce payment to Accenture for delivering a system that is not tested and production ready.

First sentence says it all and totally agree.

Anyone having login failures with the new site? I was redirected to the new site yesterday and my login credentials that worked the day before fail (grr). I can use the same credentials to access a link into a reservation page on the old site so I know the user name and password are correct! Anyone have an email contact to report this mess?:mad:

Anyone having login failures with the new site? I was redirected to the new site yesterday and my login credentials that worked the day before fail (grr). I can use the same credentials to access a link into a reservation page on the old site so I know the user name and password are correct! Anyone have an email contact to report this mess?:mad:

I emailed celebrity one touch at celebrity dot com or you could call celebrity and tell them you're having problems logging on to their new website.

I can't believe (actually I can...that's just a figure of speech) that Celebrity would go live with a website that wasn't even close to ready.

They could have asked on this board for beta test volunteers and would had many passionate people giving them feedback.

Leaving in 12 days. Tried to review my reservation. Went to manage reservation showed dining time but I needed more info. Then old site came up and went to booked reservation. Said try again in 20 minutes . Did this 3 times. So quit the hell with it. Modern Luxury.

Leaving in 12 days. Tried to review my reservation. Went to manage reservation showed dining time but I needed more info. Then old site came up and went to booked reservation. Said try again in 20 minutes . Did this 3 times. So quit the hell with it. Modern Luxury.

I currently have two Celebrity bookings - one I can access without issue, the other has said for the last 4 days that it is "locked or in use by another user", thankfully that one is for 2018 and I don't "really" need to access it, but still, they need to get their IT house in order!

Hi Celebrity,

When I go to http://www.celebritycruises.com, I get automatically redirected to http://www.celebritycruises.co.uk for some reason (I think it's the new site). However, I cannot seem to figure out how to get it back to the regular site with Canadian prices? I can't call Celebrity, because the only phone numbers are for UK residents, and not Canadian. Essentially, I don't think I have any way of seeing cruises or contacting you except via this medium or via Facebook. Can you PLEASE tell me how I can access my cruises and how I can search for cruises on your site in dollars?!?

This is extremely frustrating, and as a frequent Elite cruiser (approximately 30 nights onboard each year), I find this technical issue to be unacceptable.