New Look on Celebrity Website

vtcruising

I'm one of the (un)lucky ones seeing the new site.....

What a pile of crap. Much too complicated and unclear as to where to click.

I tried to go to the old "Manage reservation" page. What shows up is some text like

"

undefined DAYS UNTIL YOUR undefined

DEPARTING undefined FOR undefined NIGHTS"

Seems like there are some serious bugs. Glad I have already completed online checkin and printed my XPress pass

In an effort to provide all of our guests with the best possible web experience, we are limiting traffic to our new site at this time so we can test in a controlled environment. This will allow us to learn and get feedback from a small population of users as well as rectify any disruptive issues.

The testing and debugging in a controlled environment should have already been done on a beta test site before ever going live with the new version!

People here on Cruise Critic even volunteered to do that for Celebrity.

But instead they are now testing their new system by using their customers as guinea pigs on their regular production website. clear.png?emoji-eek-1725

If they really did test it first on a beta site, whoever was in charge of that project apparently did a very poor job.

Both systems should have been run in parallel for an extended period with the new version being thoroughly tested before putting it online for your customers to use for their real reservations.

Anyone who has had even the most elementary training in systems analysis and design would know that.

The problems being reported here now should have already been identified and fixed on the test system.

We can only hope that whoever was in charge of designing this system (or Celebrity's previous one) is never in charge of designing and testing an airline traffic control system, or medical emergency system, or any other where people's lives and safety are at stake. clear.png?emoji-loudcry-1721

I have the new design and I don't like it. I can't see the different cabin categories, just prices. Go Best now includes only the Classic Package and not the Premium (actual bottom line change) for the same price it cost before. My reservations do not show up correctly, one of them shows as fully paid (I should probably check my Credit Card since I have not authorized full pmt for the Dec cruise). I can't also see anything under my reservations in terms of options for booking extras, etc. Under my select benefit, the 1 category upgrade doesn't show up but if I log off and check the captain club's section I see. I also think they are missing 1 of my past cruises but my points seem right so maybe I am wrong on this one. My cruise history is not in chronological order.

They should not be testing this with the general public. It should had been done with volunteers or something along those lines.

How will they get feedback about the new site?

I just did a quick scan through the new site. Looks great to me! I didn't try to book anything, but all of my info was there, neatly presented (e.g., past cruises, future cruises, $ owed, CC status...)

A couple of things I spotted, these may be new or it may be that the new format allows stuff to show through, but I didn't know that Elites get a 5% discount on Galapagos (new?) and I was pleased to see that X passengers get free admission to the Corning Glass Museum. Never knew that! I have family near there, am in that neighborhood 1-2 times a year, and am pleased that my next museum visit will be on Celebrity.

In the next day or two I'll Check In and book some excursions etc. and make Final Payment for our Greek Isles upcoming cruise; I'll report back on any issues.

Stan

I am unable to get into my reservation for 3 weeks from now. I am able to manage my November reservation, though. But need to access my May reservation so am not so happy about this so called 'upgrade'.

I was just able to get into my reservation to print out my express pass ... just thought I would follow up with my success story. :D

I logged onto Celebrity website with IE, Chrome and Firefox and saw the old site. Logged on with Edge and saw the new one. IT'S A MESS!!!!!! My cruise in December 2018 shows as paid in full....needless to say, it's not! My sailing history is there, but all out of order. The cabin categories don't show up when trying to check prices, just front, mid and back. So how would you know what cabins would be a captains club one category upgrade? It's really much more difficult to search for a cruise on the new site than on the old one. When you try to sign in, the drop down menu doesn't appear without making multiple attempts, it appears for a millisecond, and closes unless you do it multiple times. EEEK! You'd think that after all the trouble they have had with the old site and IT team they'd have gone to an outside development team to develop the new one. There were also multiple places on the site with poor grammar and incorrect English usage. It needs A LOT of work!!!!! Also, it doesn't show your stateroom number or dining time. I tried calling the customer support number. It lists it's hours of operation as 7 AM to 2 AM. When you call it tells you its hours of operation are 8 AM to 11 PM. It then advises you to visit its award winning website if you are calling after business hours. REALLY????!!!!! That's why I called!!! The website doesn't even have accurate info of its hours of operation and it has just launched. BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Luvcrusn
Additional comments.

I do like the look of the dashboard and it does have all of my info. However, they show my correct point total but are only showing that I have 20 cruises rather than the 21 I have taken with X.

For our upcoming June cruise, they are only showing one connected reservation, when we were showing the 7 that are connected.

There is no way to book excursions in the manage reservation page.

I agree with others that beta testers should be aware that they are using a beta site and how to report issues. With the number of folks on CC, they could have gotten many volunteers to find bugs and make recommendations. I know some retired folks that would happily spend the day working on it. :D

Beyond frustrated with the new website. Looking for a cruise however the date does not appear, yet I know there is a cruise and available cabins, called Celebrity. Rep was very nice tried to do his best to help me. Nothing he told me to do worked even though working for him. Using Chrome, then went to Safari still no luck. Could not find an option to search by ship, no advanced search UGH

NORMA

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While looking at the new site last night, I noticed that when you go to look under "Booked" and "Gifts", that page was very basic, and had less information than the previous site design. It looks like flowers, wine/champagne, or special occasion packages are no longer offered for sale, and there is little information to order snacks, cakes, or platters, just the number to call and order. I was able to get to the page that offers dining and excursions, but I didn't try to book anything so not sure if that actually works.

Website, at least using Internet Explorer, is back to the old version. It also shows the Premium Bev Package with the Go Best option (the new website was showing Classic Package). Maybe the release of the new site was not supposed to happen but I think we now know what changes we might expect to see.

If I VPN to the US site, it appears to be down. I get a message saying:

Please be patient with us as we improve your web experience. We’ll be back shortly!

The Canadian site is still running, but old version.

OMG!!!!! This is horrible!

I just emailed Celebrity OneTouch. They need to do A LOT of usability testing with NORMAL PEOPLE.

I logged in this morning to MyCelebrity to look at excursions for my December 2017 cruise. My group has 5 rooms booked, and I was going to plan an excursion with my adult children.

I was surprised to see a new website, but know that happens.

I logged in, and it was not clear where to go from there. It simply kept me at the screen with no clear indication.

OK, My Account is in the upper right corner. I clicked on the drop down menu, and went to "My Reservations".

Drop down menus have fallen out of favor in web design, due to the inability of mobile devices to property access these drop down menus. My mobile device has a large enough screen that I routinely access the desktop site, rather than the mobile site, and I would hate to do so on this site. Whoever did the usability testing here has failed.

So, I finally get to a screen showing my reservations. I see my room, as well as the rooms of my two children. I had previously added them, since in each room, one person shares my last name.

I clicked on "Manage Reservation"

I see a screen, not bad. It shows my upcoming reservation. Now what?

if I click on "View Vacation", it gives me a POP UNDER that I cannot see or click on!!!!!

Sorry - Pop Under windows are INCREDIBLY UNPROFESSIONAL!!!!! Whoever designed that should LOSE THEIR JOB!

OK, so I click "Enhance Your Vacation" and it goes on to give me photos of restaurants. Not what I wanted. I click on the back button:

?ui=2&ik=248d5878da&view=fimg&th=15bb4fcc0594f1b2&attid=0.2&disp=emb&realattid=ii_15bb4f574a137438&attbid=ANGjdJ-7RX4ZCvSTfTPob4wVQzwYe2sQGBHrbrzrjwRIAGhbtOqmGKYY2_X8FotWtzHZjuOU9F5cK-fzZp5qxCBk8nR2TJL_e6OmYSD6bYu5dehVKY4YNRP3XIeXhnY&sz=w1088-h226&ats=1493390306237&rm=15bb4fcc0594f1b2&zw&atsh=1

Really? No Reservation #??

Reload and it shows my December 17 room. Try again on Plan your vacation:

Now it says I have NO UPCOMING VACATIONS

What is going on?

I still cannot find where to see excursions. I finally click on "Enhance Your Vacation".

Now I have excursion from Seattle on my screen. How about excursions for the vacation I have booked? Is that too much to ask?

You need to take this mess down, and give us back the old system. As bad as it was, this is worse. I cannot figure out how to access the shore excursions for the cruises I have booked.

I cannot see how to see what I have booked in my upcoming vacations. I hope it is correct. This site needs A LOT MORE USABILITY TESTING before it is ready to share with guests. Did anyone do usability testing on it?

Lastly, I note that now your new site says that the Classic Beverage Package is included with the Go Best purchase.

I purchased the Go Best for my December 17 band February 2018 cruises. It was advertised with the Premium Beverage Package. One of the main reasons I upgraded to Go Best was the Premium Beverage package.

What Gives?

I gave them my email address and phone number.

I work in Training and Development. Part of what I do is usability testing of web sites. This site is NOT ready for the public and I'm appalled it went live.

Just logged onto the new version of Celebrity's website. I have 3 Celebrity reservations and with the old Celebrity website I always had to manually add one of the reservations. With the new Celebrity website I no longer have to do that. I can think of a website I use everyday and a few months ago they pushed out a new version and I'm still having the same issues I reported when it was first released. :rolleyes:

OMG!!!!! This is horrible!

Lastly, I note that now your new site says that the Classic Beverage Package is included with the Go Best purchase.

I purchased the Go Best for my December 17 band February 2018 cruises. It was advertised with the Premium Beverage Package. One of the main reasons I upgraded to Go Best was the Premium Beverage package.

What Gives?

I gave them my email address and phone number.

I was able to access the old site using Firefox and it is now back to the old site using IE. I would suggest you take screenshots or have copies of the invoice showing the premium package as part of best

I called X for website assistance with the new site this morning. I told them I logged in and went to My Reservations. My two reservations show up. I click on the Manage My Reservation for the first one. It takes me to another page which says:undefined DAYS UNTIL YOUR undefined

DEPARTING undefined FOR undefined NIGHTS

....very helpful. Under YOUR ROOMS there is a very helpful check mark....WHAT DOES THAT MEAN????!!!! Under BALANCE, another check mark????!!!! under GUEST INFORMATION, yet another check mark. Then there is a box for CHECK IN. It's too early for online check in, but I clicked on it. Not surprisingly nothing happens. So I click the back button and this appears:

You Are Leaving Postbooking

If you click on Proceed the reservation will unlock and you will to continue

Cancel Proceed

THAT'S NOT EVEN PROPER ENGLISH!!! (It also makes no sense.)

In the upper left I see something that says PLAN YOUR VACATION, so I try clicking on that. It takes me to another page that looks promising, but looks can be deceiving! I then get to a page where I am offered the option to rebook the vacation I have had booked since January 2016. Okay, I give up and go to my next reservation.

The second reservation (for December 2018) Imagine my happiness when I see the following:

Balance Due

PAID IN FULL

GREAT!!!! I just saved thousands! Even better than OBC:D

The agent I reached at website assistance asked what I needed. I described what had happened on the new site. She laughed when I told her that last part. I can't imagine why and told her she had a good sense of humor. She told me she needed it with the new site and that they are aware it needs quite a bit of work. I told her that the last part as far as I was concerned was working perfectly and could be left alone!

Using Firefox = old website

Using Chrome = new website

Same address. Makes no sense at all.

Absolutely none!

Firefox= old website

Chrome=old website

Internet Explorer=old website

Edge=new website on my computers

How can you run a major corporation this way? Is the I.T. department run by a high school intern?

New website > go best = classic beverage

Old website > go best = premium beverage

New website > Big, Better, Best Offer Terms & Conditions =

"Cruise Must Be Booked On Or After July 6, 2015. Offer Applies To 4-Night And Longer Cruises That Depart Oct. 2015 – Apr. 2017"