More discrimination

Yes, booking direct on Princess, like we do as well. Through an agent like Mr Gut has, I bet the agent would charge a cancellation fee, as they do.:evilsmile:

No Les, one of the first things I got in writing.

I've been booking direct for years too, but suspecting things would be crazy on Monday and being in Court I had little choice.

I had booked with this agent once before when she had the cabin I wanted and Celebrity didn't (crazy situation if you ask me) and she did well, so gave her a go.

That's what I'm hoping.

I've long thought that the situation with accessible cabins is wrong, for example if you need one you can't get the lower price that goes with a guarantee, ie generally a guarantee you pay the lowest rate, but most accessible cabins are in higher cost locations, ie one cruise we looked at a guarantee was about $4000 but the one accessible balconies were mid ship, great for me, but about $1200 more.

Princess guarantees are a bit weird anyway. They often don't show up until the cruise, or certain categories, are nearly booked up, that's when you get the "Your stateroom will be assigned just prior to departure" option and then you can actually book a specific category guarantee, ie a BA not just the lowest category balcony, but you pay the actual price for that category, it's no cheaper. The "Choose for me" option is always priced to the lowest available category and, presumably, the price changes as those cabins fill up.

Go get em Gut,

Little do they know who they are dealing with.

How about an email on "legal" letterhead???

Good luck and thanks for putting up a fight for us Aussies.

Nope not on letterhead.

Just waiting to see their response.

Then I'll think about the next step.

Yes, booking direct on Princess, like we do as well. Through an agent like Mr Gut has, I bet the agent would charge a cancellation fee, as they do.:evilsmile:

Sure. But that has nothing to do with Princess.

We are not even going to begin to understand what the Suiz is happenining, but sad that you are confined to the wheelie again. That's the **** man. Ya know tell em ya situation, they must surely come to the party, how can THEY, make your life and cruise comfortable, tell us, how can we help. Might not be the right cabin, shate, theres got to be some way.

I feel your pain. I live in America and frequently see great Disneyworld deals only available to the U.K. They can purchase a 14 day ticket for what I pay for 3.

I think a better deal is offered to overseas people to get them to pay for the long and expensive journey to get there.

IMO it's the principle of the thing when bookings are done online; where you live should make no difference on your final cost. Yet another example of Australia being treated as second class.

It's not Australia being treated as second class, just regional pricing.

Anyone cannot book outside their region; nothing to do with the whole world being "second class."

Anyone cannot book outside their region; nothing to do with the whole world being "second class."

Regional pricing is discrimination. When I travel overseas, I can book everything, on the internet, just like a local, at local prices, except for cruises. Why? Certainly not for my benefit!

I can't see how it's anything to do with regional pricing, it's the Australian site and displays the Australian contact number.

Surely that's on offer for Australians.

Just so far they won't honour it, for Australians.

Princess is one of the cruise lines that does not allow you to 'book outside' your region (and even then they may not be totally successful as there are some TAs in the US who will book Princess). I can book many other lines through the US or even UK for less than I can here. In a global world we are not limited to buying only through our own region. I can purchase most goods and services from O'S if I so choose. Australians miss out on many of the regional special pricing offers from lines overseas; hence my comment that we are treated as second class - send us the old ships, try and make us book through the local portal and charge higher prices. Yes, it is regional pricing but it is still discriminatory IMO.

We are not even going to begin to understand what the Suiz is happenining, but sad that you are confined to the wheelie again. That's the **** man. Ya know tell em ya situation, they must surely come to the party, how can THEY, make your life and cruise comfortable, tell us, how can we help. Might not be the right cabin, shate, theres got to be some way.

Not in the chair at the moment, in spite of frequent suggestions by doctors, but in two years time, who knows....

Price INCREASE for us too!! :mad:

No Oceanview but offered Balcony for the same price - $2571.45. each Accepted and BOOM new price $3163.95 each which is MORE than the price showing for Balcony cabins.

This was for an Accessible Cabin too.

I didn't book.....

But I have a cruise on hold which is our 'free move over cruise' which had the same problem. But as we are not paying wasn't worried. Will ring Princess tomorrow to accept - first time in an Accessible Mini Suite. ;p

Have a booking for Panama Canal but we are bailing due to flights being just too long to contemplate at the moment.

Price INCREASE for us too!! :mad:

No Oceanview but offered Balcony for the same price - $2571.45. each Accepted and BOOM new price $3163.95 each which is MORE than the price showing for Balcony cabins.

This was for an Accessible Cabin too.

I didn't book.....

But I have a cruise on hold which is our 'free move over cruise' which had the same problem. But as we are not paying wasn't worried. Will ring Princess tomorrow to accept - first time in an Accessible Mini Suite. ;p

Have a booking for Panama Canal but we are bailing due to flights being just too long to contemplate at the moment.

Good luck.

Please go to their FB sites and post about it too.

Unless we all complain they won't do anything.

Regional pricing is discrimination. When I travel overseas, I can book everything, on the internet, just like a local, at local prices, except for cruises. Why? Certainly not for my benefit!

Lots of things are technically discrimination, including senior discounts. It doesn't change what they are, nor them being offered.

Regional pricing exists because regulations are different in each country, and marketing and other facets grow around it. That's not going to change unless one government controls the world. It's nothing to do with anyone's benefit.

On top of that, some cruise lines restrict overseas bookings, whereas others tolerate it while it's manageable. That's just a business call about which interest group they listen to more - there's no right or wrong way.

Lots of things are technically discrimination, including senior discounts. It doesn't change what they are, nor them being offered.

Regional pricing exists because regulations are different in each country, and marketing and other facets grow around it. That's not going to change unless one government controls the world. It's nothing to do with anyone's benefit.

On top of that, some cruise lines restrict overseas bookings, whereas others tolerate it while it's manageable. That's just a business call about which interest group they listen to more - there's no right or wrong way.

Fortunately, at the end of the day, the passenger can choose to not play the regional pricing game. There are so many other travel alternatives, which offer better value.

Fortunately, at the end of the day, the passenger can choose to not play the regional pricing game. There are so many other travel alternatives, which offer better value.

Wait till Google pricing takes over and you are quoted a price dependant on your browsing history and how much you are able or prepared to pay.

Stand by for the screams then. There will be toys thrown out of prams all over the place.:D

Wait till Google pricing takes over and you are quoted a price dependant on your browsing history and how much you are able or prepared to pay.

Stand by for the screams then. There will be toys thrown out of prams all over the place.:D

Then keep clearing the browsing history:D

I have done it and the prices change!!

Then keep clearing the browsing history:D

I have done it and the prices change!!

So they are doing it already huh.

Gone are the days of the Brochure price, which no one paid anyway , and the Early Booking ,(so called ) Incentive fare.:rolleyes:

Exactly; that's how you should do it. Weigh up each offering. There are so many alternatives, that even when something falls through, it's quite possible that something better will appear elsewhere. (That even happened with my first cruise, when the first cancelled, and I discovered a better one later.)

Same thing with the price; if it's not a worthwhile deal, there's usually a better one somewhere. We're fortunate that there are so many options.