Royal Caribbean

robbo16

I am going on a cruise later this year and I am interested in buying the deluxe drink package. Just a few questions, how strict are they on sharing drinks? How many drinks can i buy at a time? Can i buy a three day package online or do i have to wait until I'm on the ship? Thanks guys!:)

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

You can only get one drink at a time. However, if you give them two SeaPass cards, and each shows the drink package, then they will usually let you have two.

Pre-cruise, you can only buy the package for the entire cruise. Once onboard, you can buy for a partial cruise, but it must be for at least 4 days (unless it's a 3-day cruise), and it must last until the end of the cruise.

Sharing drinks is not allowed - each person has to have their own package, and they do watch for sharing as that would be a common concern. Even though there is no charge for the drinks, your SeaPass card is swiped with each drink, which is one way they monitor this. My understanding is they can cancel the package without refund if one is caught sharing, with drinks consumed for the remainder of your cruise charged to your SeaPass card as standard.

Edited by leaveitallbehind

Welcomed to cruise critic.

As you are cruising on RC you would get more responses to any questions about your cruise by posting on the RC board.

The information you have been given is correct. You definitely cannot share a package. Bartenders are trained to watch for this - you will be caught!

You are allowed to bring two bottles of wine on board with you. No corkage fee on RC. That may help with your plans.

That's right...packages are PER PERSON. They can rescind your package, or, put you off the ship if you are caught sharing. If the other person in your party doesn't drink much, then just buy a drink when wanted. You don't need a package to buy anything!

My boyfriend and I shared his drink package on our last cruise and no one seemed to care, although that was just soda so your mileage may vary.

Then you were just lucky because they do care!

We met a man on our last cruise who they caught on Day 2 sharing drinks. Not only did they cancel his package, he had to forfeit the $400 he had paid for the package and they charged him for the drinks they caught him on camera "sharing".

They are really cracking down on the abuse of sharing, as they should.....IMO

We met a man on our last cruise who they caught on Day 2 sharing drinks. Not only did they cancel his package, he had to forfeit the $400 he had paid for the package and they charged him for the drinks they caught him on camera "sharing".

As they should.

This way maybe the price of the drink package when get any costlier.

Thanks for sharing what you observed.

Safe travels.

Don't forget on RCI it wasn't too many years ago they required all in a stateroom of legal age to get the package if one did in order to prevent sharing. Hate to see them go back to that because of some who think it's OK to share. I never get that attitude.

And you're bragging about stealing?

Yes, absolutely. I am so remorseful for cheating that cruise company out of 75 cents worth of soda syrup...you should perform a citizen's arrest and hold me until the cops get here.

Yes, absolutely. I am so remorseful for cheating that cruise company out of 75 cents worth of soda syrup...you should perform a citizen's arrest and hold me until the cops get here.

It's pretty sad that you can pay for this trip but you feel it's Ok to "cheat that cruise company out of 75 cents worth of soda syrup"

It's pretty sad that you can pay for this trip but you feel it's Ok to "cheat that cruise company out of 75 cents worth of soda syrup"

I mean...it's 75 cents. I drink like 3 sodas during the whole week and it's not enough to justify buying my own package. I'm not going to argue that it's not against the rules, because it is. But the fact that you're getting so bent out of shape about this huge corporation losing 75 cents of soda syrup—as though it is an attack on you personally—is pretty bizarre.

PS: Sometimes I jaywalk or drive 2 mph over the speed limit. Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities with my abject criminal behavior.

I mean...it's 75 cents. I drink like 3 sodas during the whole week and it's not enough to justify buying my own package. I'm not going to argue that it's not against the rules, because it is. But the fact that you're getting so bent out of shape about this huge corporation losing 75 cents of soda syrup—as though it is an attack on you personally—is pretty bizarre.

PS: Sometimes I jaywalk or drive 2 mph over the speed limit. Sorry to offend your delicate sensibilities with my abject criminal behavior.

I noticed you budgeted for the soda package for yourself and your boyfriend for your December Oasis cruise. Sounds like you changed your mind about justifying the cost of the SP.

I noticed you budgeted for the soda package for yourself and your boyfriend for your December Oasis cruise. Sounds like you changed your mind about justifying the cost of the SP.

I am just buying one package for my boyfriend's sail card and then splitting the cost between us.

Excellent.

Stealing soda is like a gateway drug, you have justified your criminal behavior by thinking 75 cents is insignificant. By your own admission you are now jaywalking and speeding, breaking local city safety laws and showing no respect for federal highway speed limits. I will pray for you before you think it's ok to be a pool chair hog or attempt to enter the buffet without using the proper hand sanitizing procedure. Wishing you a criminal free happy cruise. :)

Stealing soda is like a gateway drug, you have justified your criminal behavior by thinking 75 cents is insignificant. By your own admission you are now jaywalking and speeding, breaking local city safety laws and showing no respect for federal highway speed limits. I will pray for you before you think it's ok to be a pool chair hog or attempt to enter the buffet without using the proper hand sanitizing procedure. Wishing you a criminal free happy cruise. :)

I mean, why stop there? Everyone knows the very next step after stealing a few sodas is first degree murder. I'll have to evade the feds for a whole seven months until my cruise D:

Of course, even I—the lowly thief, the degenerate scum, the vile reprobate that I am—do not approve of chair hogging. Even evil has standards ;)

I mean, why stop there? Everyone knows the very next step after stealing a few sodas is first degree murder. I'll have to evade the feds for a whole seven months until my cruise D:

Of course, even I—the lowly thief, the degenerate scum, the vile reprobate that I am—do not approve of chair hogging. Even evil has standards ;)

Honor among thieves. EM