Why I'm leaving RCCL and you should too!

You do realize that there is already a very long thread on this very subject. No clue why you felt the need to start a new one.

Good Morning, our freedom to write or express ones self is something that comes with living in the USA.

Such as your statement above. If you don't appreciate it, don't read it. I'm sure you have better things to do. :D

That is why I try to fly Southwest as much as possible. If something comes up and I have to change my plans I may not get my money back but I also am not charged anything for changing. They seem to be pretty understanding that life happens.

Which may be why Southwest is no longer the price leader it once was, even after adding in luggage fees (if you don't have the airline's credit card).

Good Morning, our freedom to write or express ones self is something that comes with living in the USA.

Such as your statement above. If you don't appreciate it, don't read it. I'm sure you have better things to do. :D

Lol i really am laughing.

My 22 year old son walked into my kitchen area office where i was responding to some of the posts on this site.

He asked what i was doing and then he started to laugh because he knows i am not really computer savvy.

He noticed that i was on this cruise message board He said" Oh mom knowing you it will be a short time before you get banned with your opinions." I said i am sure that they allow you post whatever you want. He said don't be so sure.I said Que sera sera. ;p

Which may be why Southwest is no longer the price leader it once was, even after adding in luggage fees (if you don't have the airline's credit card).

So who is best for pricing now? The only time I've booked other than SW from RI to FL has been for schedule reasons. They have always been the best price.

I've been banned several times, not too bad to be able to exercise one's constitutional rights. And as was once said:

“For what do we live, but to make sport for our neighbors, and laugh at them in our turn?”

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

You have no constitutional right to post on an internet message board.

This is a NEW change. I've booked many cruises in the past, I started with an inside room and worked my way up to a suite. So all you green-with-envy-types are being ridiculous. I've never, NEVER, booked a cruise where the deposit was non-refundable whether booked onboard or through a TA. FYI-- I booked this suite onboard with NO reduction in deposit or OBC on the booking cruise, so that means I paid $900 to book a cruise a year plus out, one that I will have to save for! I work hard for my money, and don't go around with my nose up in the air bragging I'm "Diamond, Diamond Plus, Pinnacle," etc. and I'm NOT a crybaby. This policy is UNFAIR to people like me who like to plan and save for their vacations! I don't have $900 to throw away, do YOU??? And this ONLY applies to those bookings made onboard and not through a TA as I've just learned. So lesson learned, NEVER book RCCL onboard if you want a Grand Suite or better; or just don't book at all, as is my choice. Plenty of other lines out there that DON"T have this policy.

Also, I DO NOT care if there is already a topic thread, I didn't see it and it didn't come up during a topic search--I checked! God knows how many times other mundane topics such as formal nights and such have generated over the years! Please forgive me all you holier-than-thou's and have a nice day.

Thanks for the information. Also glad to see this response. I am truly surprised to see how harsh and unnecessary some of these replies have been.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So who is best for pricing now? The only time I've booked other than SW from RI to FL has been for schedule reasons. They have always been the best price.

almost every time I look, Delta or JetBlue are cheapest. I hate SW so I almost never check their prices. I fly out of BOS or JFK for almost all of my travel.

almost every time I look, Delta or JetBlue are cheapest. I hate SW so I almost never check their prices. I fly out of BOS or JFK for almost all of my travel.

Maybe because they have such a presence here in Rhode Island, the flights are cheaper than other airlines but my question would be what's to hate? We've flown most domestics and I haven't seen much difference in the actual flights. Our best flight ever was on a UPS charter. Took me a while to peel that label off my forehead though. ;p

Maybe because they have such a presence here in Rhode Island, the flights are cheaper than other airlines but my question would be what's to hate? We've flown most domestics and I haven't seen much difference in the actual flights. Our best flight ever was on a UPS charter. Took me a while to peel that label off my forehead though. ;p

I don't like the whole cattle car thing. I'm the type of person who books my trips and all reservations as far out as I can. Not having an actual seat assignment drives me crazy, and when I travel with the family it stresses me out even more. Its been a while since I've flown SW, but Delta and JB also have free in flight movies and other entertainment built into the headrests on almost all of their planes.

How do you know that Delta and Jet Blue are cheapest if you never check SW pricing? Why do you hate SW? And when I do check SW pricing from BOS-FLL is almost always more expensive that PVD-FLL.

I use Logan to fly to Europe but Green is a much easier airport to use when it services where I want to go.

So, if I understand this correctly, it is ONLY when you book while onboard via the Next Cruise Certificate wherein you get the OBC, that your deposit is non-refundable should you cancel? Correct? I just looked up the rules for cancellation if you book via the website or a TA and it shows 75 days or more out (depending on the length of the cruise), your deposit is refunded. That's easy enough to remedy, don't book another cruise while onboard :) Personally, I would rather forego the $100 or $200 in OBC than to risk losing a $250 or $500 deposit should I need to cancel. :D

I don't like the whole cattle car thing. I'm the type of person who books my trips and all reservations as far out as I can. Not having an actual seat assignment drives me crazy, and when I travel with the family it stresses me out even more. Its been a while since I've flown SW, but Delta and JB also have free in flight movies and other entertainment built into the headrests on almost all of their planes.

I do like being able to chose a seat ahead of time on Jet Blue. The other thing that I really like about them is the navigation map in the entertainment system. I always like tracking the flight along the way. :)

So, if I understand this correctly, it is ONLY when you book while onboard via the Next Cruise Certificate wherein you get the OBC, that your deposit is non-refundable should you cancel? Correct? ...

This used to be the case, and only when you opted for instant OBC.

However, after July 1, I believe they will introduce fares that have non-refundable deposits, no matter how you book.

This used to be the case, and only when you opted for instant OBC.

However, after July 1, I believe they will introduce fares that have non-refundable deposits, no matter how you book.

If that is true then I believe there will be MANY more cabins available to choose from for future bookings. I cannot speak for others; however, I would rather not chance squandering $250 or $500 due to unforeseen circumstances and having to cancel a cruise. :(

Yea, I know other people who don't like the cattle call either. We usually book with early bird boarding and it's still cheaper than other airlines. Southwest also offers free TV for most flights and you can pay for WIFI. Usually our flights are only 3-5 hours so it works for us.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

If that is true then I believe there will be MANY more cabins available to choose from for future bookings. I cannot speak for others; however, I would rather not chance squandering $250 or $500 due to unforeseen circumstances and having to cancel a cruise. :(

I don't believe it will affect us to much. Pretty much plan on booking after final in 2018 and beyond

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

True, there aren't a lot of options in the Caribbean (if that's what you're looking for) that are longer than 7 days. Maybe check on Celebrity. They have a ton of cruises over 7 days.

Celebrity, Holland America, Norwegian, and Carnival (for the mass market) all offer 10 day and longer Caribbean cruises (Norwegian does some 14 day ones). For the upscale lines, check out Oceania, Viking Ocean Cruises, and Regent if you are looking for more of a luxury offering.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yea, I know other people who don't like the cattle call either. We usually book with early bird boarding and it's still cheaper than other airlines. Southwest also offers free TV for most flights and you can pay for WIFI. Usually our flights are only 3-5 hours so it works for us.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I was exploring flights from the 3 metro area airports for Easter week in '18 to FFL. Prices are out of this world and can't see anyone booking a current price in the $700-800 range. Looked at American out of Philly and snagged 2 aisle seats for about $400 each.

Ps. Also, booked AA out of Philly on direct flight to Barcelona for $727 while out of the metro is in the $1,200 price range.

So, if I understand this correctly, it is ONLY when you book while onboard via the Next Cruise Certificate wherein you get the OBC, that your deposit is non-refundable should you cancel? Correct? I just looked up the rules for cancellation if you book via the website or a TA and it shows 75 days or more out (depending on the length of the cruise), your deposit is refunded. That's easy enough to remedy, don't book another cruise while onboard :) Personally, I would rather forego the $100 or $200 in OBC than to risk losing a $250 or $500 deposit should I need to cancel. :D

Thing is, OBC was not applied to the cruise I was on, only toward the future cruise; and there was no reduced deposit. So I walked off that cruise with three bookings, no OBC applied to that cruise, $2700 in non-refundable deposits for 3 cruises booked in 2018. So it's not so much a matter of foregoing the OBC, because I didn't receive it, the OBC was applied to the future cruises....and is no big deal.

Yes, you are correct, NEVER book a cruise while on-board, it is just not feasible. I've heard RCCL will apply this non-refundable deposit to all bookings made while on board. Well, let's see, there's really not much of a price break, there won't be any OBC applied to the current cruise, and my deposit is history--as in NON-refundable. BUT, if I book with my travel agent, who provides OBC, then all's good and my standard deposit (unless there's a sale on required deposit) is 100% refundable with a sliding time scale towards the cruise date. Hmmm, I think it's a no brainer....

Unless other cruise lines adopt this policy, I'm guessing RCCL will probably lose many on-board bookings. But maybe they don't really WANT on-board bookings, maybe that's their plan.....good plan if that's the goal.