shampoo

What brand of shampoo does a D+ with over 500 points get?

Same as anyone else in your cabin category gets. If you are in a suite, you get better, Gilchrist $ Soames I think but may change.

Take your own that you use at home...I take a bar of soap and a small hand soap pump dispenser to sit by the sink...Not a fan of those tiny bars/bottles regardless of the brand.

Not to be disrespectful, but does it really matter that much? If so, maybe it is better to bring your preferred products from home.

I think that the question was asked so that the poster could decide whether to use what is provided or bring from home.

:)

I wasn't aware that shampoo quality changed with C&A status. Does it? Wouldn't you already know at the point in time where you had 490 points?

Upgraded bathroom amenities are supposed to be a perk at 340 points and above.

We have never had a limit on the quantity of shampoo or soap.

Now when we meet the cabin attendant and he asks if there is anything we need we tell him upfront to keep us stocked with these products.

Never ran out on a ship.

Now the stock I brought home is dwindling and need to cruise to reload:rolleyes:

Just saying

My favorite shampoo is a bar shampoo that is perfect for travel as well as home use. I know my hair likes it and on a cruise there are times I end up shampooing twice a day. Also happen to travel with my own bar of handmade soap - love the fragrance, does not dry the skin and feels like a treat.

Not to be disrespectful, but does it really matter that much? If so, maybe it is better to bring your preferred products from home.

Agreed. What has point level got to do with weather you bring your own shampoo or not?

Take your own that you use at home...I take a bar of soap and a small hand soap pump dispenser to sit by the sink...Not a fan of those tiny bars/bottles regardless of the brand.

I agree.

We always take Dove shampoo and Dove conditioner and simple soap brand.

Or don't.

We haven't packed shampoo or soap for years. Saves space for other stuff. And that matters when you just do carry on luggage.

G&S's soaps are the upgraded ones, and they are pretty nice.

First world marketing problem. Many of the name brand hotel amenities aren't even the same formulations a consumer would buy off a retail shelf. A lot of the hotel shampoos are manufactured by Sysco and formulas are different than the brand name retail version because a hotel chain needs to handle a lot of different water conditions. Well, that and shampoo cleansing agents can be pretty cheap and the rest of the effective ingredients (moisturizers, humectants, silicones for slicking, alcohol, etc) impact cost.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accorhotels-le-club-accorhotels/1683569-who-makes-toiletries-branded-hermes-sofitel.html

(Yes alcohol, no not the kind you'd drink) http://www.womenshealthmag.com/beauty/shampoo-ingredients

I wouldn't be surprised if Gilchrist and Soames onboard and the regular stuff RCL stocks (plus for that matter, Celebrity's non-suite amenities) are from the same manufacturer and supplier. G & S ingredients probably include a bit more expensive of a formula or nicer form of alcohol.

If your hair/skin isn't picky then by all means, use what is provided. If you paid a lot for your hair color or have picky hair/skin, then bring your own.

First world marketing problem. Many of the name brand hotel amenities aren't even the same formulations a consumer would buy off a retail shelf. A lot of the hotel shampoos are manufactured by Sysco and formulas are different than the brand name retail version because a hotel chain needs to handle a lot of different water conditions. Well, that and shampoo cleansing agents can be pretty cheap and the rest of the effective ingredients (moisturizers, humectants, silicones for slicking, alcohol, etc) impact cost.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/accorhotels-le-club-accorhotels/1683569-who-makes-toiletries-branded-hermes-sofitel.html

(Yes alcohol, no not the kind you'd drink) http://www.womenshealthmag.com/beauty/shampoo-ingredients

I wouldn't be surprised if Gilchrist and Soames onboard and the regular stuff RCL stocks (plus for that matter, Celebrity's non-suite amenities) are from the same manufacturer and supplier. G & S ingredients probably include a bit more expensive of a formula or nicer form of alcohol.

If your hair/skin isn't picky then by all means, use what is provided. If you paid a lot for your hair color or have picky hair/skin, then bring your own.

If you use your own toiletries you should be fine.

On a few occasions i have had an allergic reaction to ship and hotel toiletries so now we always bring our own.

Upgraded bathroom amenities are supposed to be a perk at 340 points and above.

Oooooo- when you hit that, do you get separate conditioner?

Edited to add- lol, just realized that sounded snarky, but I was actually serious :). Would love if they provided separate conditioner.... (I bring my own right now)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Oooooo- when you hit that, do you get separate conditioner?

Edited to add- lol, just realized that sounded snarky, but I was actually serious :). Would love if they provided separate conditioner.... (I bring my own right now)

Yes, IF and it's a big IF, they give you upgraded amenities, you will get separate containers of shampoo, conditioner, lotion, and body wash.

Getting the advertised perk for the elevated C&A level is hit or miss. They are rarely in the cabin ( unless we are in a suite) , so if we want them, we simply ask. Often the room attendants looks at us as if we are speaking Klingon. We have to explain why we are supposed to get them, they always say "I will try", and we usually receive them by the second day. We sometime get the Gilchrest and Soames and sometimes get a more generic brand.

M

ps - my pet peeve is having to ask ( beg) for the benefits RCCL advertises they will provide to me.

m

• 3 weeks later...
Getting the advertised perk for the elevated C&A level is hit or miss. They are rarely in the cabin ( unless we are in a suite) , so if we want them, we simply ask. Often the room attendants looks at us as if we are speaking Klingon. We have to explain why we are supposed to get them, they always say "I will try", and we usually receive them by the second day. We sometime get the Gilchrest and Soames and sometimes get a more generic brand.

M

ps - my pet peeve is having to ask ( beg) for the benefits RCCL advertises they will provide to me.

m

This "issue" has been a pet peeve of mine since reaching Pinnacle status. While shampoo is just that, shampoo, I notice my "upgraded amenities" have been quietly downgraded to cheap white tubes rather than the Gilchrist I earned when I made it to 340 points. When I request it, I receive it or the L'Occitane but stateroom attendants have no idea what I am talking about until I request deck supervisor and then they understand. I am loyal but I NOTICE that suite passengers are well taken care of as they should but once reaching Pinnacle, the perks are nice but are being chipped away very quietly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums