REVIEW: Italy, Malta and the magnificent Dalmation Coast on Celebrity Constellation

Miaminice

In need of vacation...

Our long-awaited vacation started a bit stressfully. For the route to the airport, which ususally takes us about an hour, we had already planned 2.5 hours. However, we hadn’t quite reached the highway, when they announced a full closure. All possible diversions were quickly blocked, too. So via hidden routes and village streets, we finally reached the airport some 20 minutes before our boarding time. We left our car at the parking garage nearest the entrance and ran to the check-in desk. The lady at the desk took our papers and said, “Well, you’d better hurry” – taking all her time checking in our luggage and issuing our boarding passes.

When we finally rushed to security, we were in for the next surprise. Usually, there are hardly any lines at our airport, but this time people were queuing all the way back to the entrance. Thanks to some friendly passengers who let us through, we finally arrived at our gate 1 minute before boarding. By now, we were really in desperate need of a vacation...

Read more about our fabulous cruise on our (non commercial) website:

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Adriatic-Constellation-1---Ven/adriatic-constellation-1---venice.html

001-Venice-Stripe.jpg

In need of vacation...

Our long-awaited vacation started a bit stressfully. For the route to the airport, which ususally takes us about an hour, we had already planned 2.5 hours. However, we hadn’t quite reached the highway, when they announced a full closure. All possible diversions were quickly blocked, too. So via hidden routes and village streets, we finally reached the airport some 20 minutes before our boarding time. We left our car at the parking garage nearest the entrance and ran to the check-in desk. The lady at the desk took our papers and said, “Well, you’d better hurry” – taking all her time checking in our luggage and issuing our boarding passes.

When we finally rushed to security, we were in for the next surprise. Usually, there are hardly any lines at our airport, but this time people were queuing all the way back to the entrance. Thanks to some friendly passengers who let us through, we finally arrived at our gate 1 minute before boarding. By now, we were really in desperate need of a vacation...

Read more about our fabulous cruise on our (non commercial) website:

http://www.travelandcruise.net/travellove_en/Our-Trips/Adriatic-Constellation-1---Ven/adriatic-constellation-1---venice.html

Fantastic review. Thank you for sharing. We're about to do a similar cruise on the Connie, our first Celebrity cruise, and this has made me even more excited. :)

Save

Wow! Just spent a couple of hours travelling with you through your report. Fantastic report and photos, thank you. By the way, Marsaxlokk in Malta is pronounced 'Masra-shlock'...those wacky Maltese worlds! I married a Maltese man and still can't pronounce my last name! LOL

What a wonderful blog -- I'm very envious! Also what a fantastic itinerary -- I can't find anything quite like it being offered again, on any of the cruise lines I have considered. And we love Connie also -- so all in all a terrific trip and a terrific report (and the pictures! wow wow wow!!!). Thanks.

Enjoyed your review. Thank you. It was obviously a labour of love. :D

Usually it is :D

However, this one took way to long to finish.

After this cruise we did another one on Constellation to Southeast Asia in March - FABULOUS is all I can say.

I have not even sorted the photos of that one yet. When we are not on a cruise work is just crazy at the moment :-(

So I am kind of struggling with the reviews... :(

Many thanks - it has brought back many childhood memories when, in the 1970s, my Grandparents used to take us on holidays to (what was then) Yugoslavia where we used to stay in the Grand Imperial hotel in Dubrovnik (now the Hilton) - with day trips to Cavtat and what is now Montenegro. Never appreciated it when we were younger - no sandy beaches or funfairs - I do recall a very memorable private boat trip around Lokrum island - stumbling on a nudist colony and the skipper of the boat going right up close and dropping the speed; my grandparents didn't know where to look, I did :)

Just waiting for the right cruise itinerary , seems to be lots of 7 day ones at the moment which seems a bit rushed

I do recall a very memorable private boat trip around Lokrum island - stumbling on a nudist colony and the skipper of the boat going right up close and dropping the speed; my grandparents didn't know where to look, I did :)

Yes, so did our teens :o ;p.

Hi Oliver,

Another great review! Wonderful photos as always. This cruise, which is similar to one we did on the Silhouette was one of our favorites. Your itinerary was better than ours though. Such great ports. Those Ravenna mosaics are mind blowing, aren't they? We really enjoyed the deck 11 Aqua cabins. They are in a great location and our balcony was also over-sized; but not as much as yours.

Thank you all for your kind replies!

I am working on a video clip with all the photos of Constellation and will post it here when it's finished.

Thanks again... and if you feel like traveling to other places with us just click on the links to our other reviews in my signature.

Oliver

As promised here´s a compilation of ship photos for an in depth look on the beautiful Celebrity Constellation.

[YOUTUBE]SY0AWlfP4fk[/YOUTUBE]

Online Photo Gallery: https://goo.gl/photos/6NkysnKczo5eK75K7

Please also visit our review of this amazing cruise:

http://www.travellove.one/Our-Trips/Adriatic-Constellation-1---Ven/adriatic-constellation-1---venice.html