Help with understanding Beverage Packages.

We are Diamond on RCCL but haven't cruised on Royal since the Beverage packages came into existence. I have look at The RCCL website and found a little info but not pricing. Tried a search and found some info but could use help with the following regarding alcohol beverage packages:

1. Found the premium package on the website but no prices- how much per day w/gratuties.

2. Read references to a Ultimate package but couldn't find a description or pricing? Difference between Ultimate & Premium?

3. Saw posts indicating pricing varies by ship or itinerary, is this correct? How much variance?

4. Read package can be used in MDR, Windjammer & bars. What about speciality restaurants & shows.

We are looking at booking the fall TA on the Brilliance and would want a beverage package if we book, I would appreciate any info. Thanks!

There is only a Deluxe package for drink packages now. It is the same as the Ultimate package. The Premium package has been discontinued. The package prices vary by ship and sailing. You won't have a price point until you book your cruise and check your Cruise Planner. The prices range from $39 to $50 + (plus 18% gratuities) per person per day.

Drinks from the drink package are available anywhere on the ship, including MDR, Specialty dining and shows.

There is only a Deluxe package for drink packages now. It is the same as the Ultimate package. The Premium package has been discontinued. The package prices vary by ship and sailing. You won't have a price point until you book your cruise and check your Cruise Planner. The prices range from $39 to $50 + (plus 18% gratuities) per person per day.

Drinks from the drink package are available anywhere on the ship, including MDR, Specialty dining and shows.

Actually the price can range as high as $65.

The package works anywhere on the ship. It won't apply to your TA, but it also 'works' on CocoCay and Labadee.

Actually the price can range as high as $65.

The package works anywhere on the ship. It won't apply to your TA, but it also 'works' on CocoCay and Labadee.

Are you saying that the beverage package isn't available for purchase on a TA?

Are you saying that the beverage package isn't available for purchase on a TA?

No,she was saying that since you are on a TA that you can't use the package on Labadee or CocoCay. The ship does not stop at those ports on a TA.

The package is fine on a TA.

There are only three beverage packages now: Classic Soda, Refreshment (coffees, bottled water, virgin drinks, etc.), and the Deluxe. Deluxe is the only package that includes alcohol and replaced the old Ultimate package. It includes everything in the Refreshment package as well as alcoholic drinks up to $12/13 depending on the ship. As mentioned, price varies from sailing to sailing and ship to ship. Check your cruise planner for current pricing. For reference, on my Freedom cruise last year, I paid $39 per day. On my Navigator this year, it's currently $44 but they're offering a combo deal with VOOM access for $54. I've seen pre-cruise pricing ranging from $40-50 per day lately. Expect pricing onboard to start at around $55 minimum but likely higher.

Here's the link to the RCCL beverage package flyer, at least to give you an idea:

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/content/shared_assets/pdf/menus/new-beverage-flyer-general.pdf

Thanks for all the info and the link. One last question; if you order a drink/glass of wine above the $12/13 limit do you just pay the difference?

Yes.

Note, sometimes the drink packages go on sale on some cruises, just keep checking your planner. A few months before our HOS trip, I saw the package go on sale for 30% off.

On ncl I had a better feel for what liquor was included, so here's a question the experts may know answer.

If I order a margarita w patron it will definitely be over 13 and need to pay difference. But what about ordering a shot of patron? Do they price that higher than $13 on oasis class ?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm asking this question for a friend ( who is a first time cruiser). Does anyone know the price of the deluxe package on the 7 day Anthem Bermuda cruises?

Thanks,

Onboard, at least $55/day plus 18%.

Pre-cruise, the price can be checked in the Cruise Planner once your friend has a booking number.

Our last TP Radiance cruise the deluxe package. Limit was raised to $14, price was $55+tip, and there were no onboard C&A discounts.

Yes, there were C&A discounts. 30% for D+ and 40% for Pinnacle.

Onboard, at least $55/day plus 18%.

Pre-cruise, the price can be checked in the Cruise Planner once your friend has a booking number.

Thanks for the quick response, I appreciate it.

Yes, there were C&A discounts. 30% for D+ and 40% for Pinnacle.

I knew we were supposed to get a discount Carol, but they kept saying no. I asked three crew, even the ones selling outside of the Windjammer. Gave up, but I wasn't really all that interested, but I might have purchased for 5 sea days.

Can't say that I'm surprised by the inconsistency. :(

Same here, they have always been covered by the drink package.

Thanks, wouldn't have guessed that after seeing a menu with $15 drinks at the pub on Oasis class. Looked like just the drinks listed as beer blends were included at $13 per drink.

Okay so we bought the Refreshment package and if we order a virgin drink that is $10 then all we would need to pay is $1.80, correct? And do we just hand them our ship card and they bring back a receipt to sign? Do you often add any extra gratuity on that or do the waiters kind of just assume that the 18% is the standard?

Okay so we bought the Refreshment package and if we order a virgin drink that is $10 then all we would need to pay is $1.80, correct? And do we just hand them our ship card and they bring back a receipt to sign? Do you often add any extra gratuity on that or do the waiters kind of just assume that the 18% is the standard?

You have already paid the 18% gratuity when you purchased the refreshment package, so you just sign a $0 receipt. If you want to add more gratuity, you can, we have in the past, but not always.