Pinnacle breakfast question

wbrumel

I'm looking forward to our Neptune suite and was wondering about the included breakfast in PG. My DW loves to sleep in and have breakfast on the verandah in her nightgown. If I go to PG alone, do they have shared tables or will I be seated by myself?

There are plenty of seating options. My bride sleeps in so I usually sit solo at a small table. However, I've found that the same people often eat breakfast at the same time each day, and I've ended up joining, or being joined by other "morning persons" after talking between tables for a couple of mornings. It's not quite as formal or private as dinner tends to be.

I start in the Neptune lounge with a cup of coffee, a pastry, and the world news, then head down to the PG for the sunshine through the big windows, great service, and a superb breakfast.

Thanks everyone for responding. I was actually hoping for a shared table.

You can probably ask to share a table. It will depend on your fellow cruisers. There aren't as many people eating breakfast in the PG as there are in the MDR, so that may make a difference.

I'm looking forward to our Neptune suite and was wondering about the included breakfast in PG. My DW loves to sleep in and have breakfast on the verandah in her nightgown. If I go to PG alone, do they have shared tables or will I be seated by myself?

Be sure to join the roll call for your cruise. You might meet some people there who you can share a table with!

I am sailing on the Oosterdam next April (2018) and was told there is no longer complimentary breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill for Neptune suite guests. You have an extended breakfast menu including mimosas for your in suite dining. Is this true or was I given incorrect information???? I was told you can dine in room with this extended menu, go to Neptune lounge, main dining room or lido market for breakfast.

I am sailing on the Oosterdam next April (2018) and was told there is no longer complimentary breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill for Neptune suite guests. You have an extended breakfast menu including mimosas for your in suite dining. Is this true or was I given incorrect information???? I was told you can dine in room with this extended menu, go to Neptune lounge, main dining room or lido market for breakfast.

This is news to me, and I hope it's just a mis-communication.

Roz

Who told you this?????

Unless there is something going on the Oosterdam that I am unaware of, Pinnacle Grill breakfast should be part of your suite amenity.

The extended breakfast menu for in suite dining is part of the amenities for the Neptune Suite but does NOT replace the Pinnacle Grill breakfast.

Methinks someone misspoke.

I booked with Holland America and was this was insinuated when I asked about breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill as a Neptune suite amenity. She mentioned all the ones I see posted but nothing about breakfast in the grill. She did mention the upgraded room service menu. I was disappointed as I was looking forward to that treat some mornings as this is a 12 day cruise. Anyone know how I can find out if this a change for 2018 or I have been misinformed???

I booked with Holland America and was this was insinuated when I asked about breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill as a Neptune suite amenity. She mentioned all the ones I see posted but nothing about breakfast in the grill. She did mention the upgraded room service menu. I was disappointed as I was looking forward to that treat some mornings as this is a 12 day cruise. Anyone know how I can find out if this a change for 2018 or I have been misinformed???

OK everyone relax, I called Holland America, yes as far as they know you do get complimentary breakfast in the pinnacle grill each morning, it is listed as exclusive daily breakfast service on the list of amenities in case they use a different venue on a particular ship for some reason. Also there is an extended breakfast menu for in room service and you can get dinner in your room from the dining room menu not just room service menu. So lots of good things.

OK everyone relax, I called Holland America, yes as far as they know you do get complimentary breakfast in the pinnacle grill each morning, it is listed as exclusive daily breakfast service on the list of amenities in case they use a different venue on a particular ship for some reason. Also there is an extended breakfast menu for in room service and you can get dinner in your room from the dining room menu not just room service menu. So lots of good things.

I think the confusion comes in that some HAL ships do not use the Pinnacle for breakfast (suites). In that case, they use a separate (from the MDR) dining area. This is primarily on the smaller HAL ships.

I think the confusion comes in that some HAL ships do not use the Pinnacle for breakfast (suites). In that case, they use a separate (from the MDR) dining area. This is primarily on the smaller HAL ships.

It was that way on the Amsterdam. Neptune Suite passengers used the upper dining room for breakfast.

Roz

Each of the 2x on a 7 day cruise that I had breakfast in the PG, I was seated at a 2 Top by myself. That was OK; morning is not my most conversational desired time.

What I did not appreciate was the service. Each of the Stewards was responsible for separate "events": i.e., serving coffee, serving juice, taking one's order, etc. If I asked the Steward who served my ordered breakfast for more coffee, I did NOT get it until the "Coffee Steward" thought to come around. Same with the pastry tray as well. Others will disagree: but the PG Breakfast Service is too formal and too fractionated to be enjoyable by me on a daily basis. Much prefer Room Service served on my veranda!

Thank you for the update.

We are pleased to know that the complimentary breakfast in he Pinnacle Grill continues for Neptune and Pinnacle suite guests.

Each of the 2x on a 7 day cruise that I had breakfast in the PG, I was seated at a 2 Top by myself. That was OK; morning is not my most conversational desired time.

What I did not appreciate was the service. Each of the Stewards was responsible for separate "events": i.e., serving coffee, serving juice, taking one's order, etc. If I asked the Steward who served my ordered breakfast for more coffee, I did NOT get it until the "Coffee Steward" thought to come around. Same with the pastry tray as well. Others will disagree: but the PG Breakfast Service is too formal and too fractionated to be enjoyable by me on a daily basis. Much prefer Room Service served on my veranda!

I agree. I had to ask each and every day for more coffee and more water. I thought they were more interested in cleaning up the tAbles then tending to the guests. I've had better service at roadside diners

Does Zaandam Pinnacle serve breakfast and is Vista Suites included?

A qualified "yes" to the first part of your question, and a "no" to the second part. Neptune and Pinnacle suite guests have the option of breakfast in the Pinnacle Grill. Sometimes on the smaller ships, the Pinnacle Grill breakfast is actually served in the upper dining room, whereas all other guests are offered breakfast in the lower dining room. The menus are exactly the same, although the Pinnacle Grill's breakfast menu is printed in a slightly more "swanky" format. On our recent cruise (May 20-27) we were Neptune suite guests, and I went to the main dining room to look at the menu (no task is too difficult in the name of research, haha). The main dining room breakfast menu was identical to the Pinnacle Grill breakfast menu.

Does Zaandam Pinnacle serve breakfast and is Vista Suites included?

The Zaandam Pinnacle (none of the R-class ships) have windows, so on that class of ships the secluded breakfast is held in a separate area of the dining room. That area is for Neptune and Pinnacle suite passengers only.