Wow but not in a good way

I'm on this cruise too. Except for checking in at T18, best I can tell there's isn't any reserved areas for D+ anymore, only suite and Pinnacle. We had reservations for every show during the week though, arrived in plenty of time and always got good seats. Six of us too. I do miss the days with all the D+ perks but it's not the end of the world and it certainly doesn't diminish the enjoyment of my cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Weren't there D+ seats available in the back center first balcony of the theater? I could have swear I saw them there or I could be thinking Anthem. We saw a woman get into it with the person who was watching over the seats. She said she was Diamond and she was going to the front of the section, they always allow her to and this guy was not going to be the one to stop her!:eek::evilsmile: She was a piece of work!

I'm guessing you've been to these shows, as have I. Do you honestly think that picture was taken 5 minutes before the show, with that many empty seats?

Either it was taken 5 minutes before the show started, or for their own reason the OP wanted us to believe it was taken 5 minutes before the show started, thus the wording of the sentence as the intro to the picture.

What is the problem with people who pay more getting more benefits? If you fly to the port, you can pay for first class and you'll get first class benefits...but somehow on ships it's supposed to be different?

What is the problem with people who pay more getting more benefits? If you fly to the port, you can pay for first class and you'll get first class benefits...but somehow on ships it's supposed to be different?

I think the problem many people have with it is that something (in this case prime seating) is being taken away from everyone else to provide this benefit. I know you could say the same for first class seating on an airplane, but first class on airplanes has been around for a VERY long time. It wasn't just implemented.

I think the problem many people have with it is that something (in this case prime seating) is being taken away from everyone else to provide this benefit. I know you could say the same for first class seating on an airplane, but first class on airplanes has been around for a VERY long time. It wasn't just implemented.

Upper tier sectioned seating hasn't "just been implemented"

With research, I think it is known what perks exist for those who qualify, therefore, no one should be upset about it in my opinion. As for harassing to purchase extra things, etc., I must admit, I do not care for that. Not classy at all for sure, but I will just ignore them, I am good at getting my point across that I am not interested. It must work to some degree or they would stop it!

Perhaps you did. While it does say 5 minutes above the image, it does not say the picture was taken at that time. If you feel otherwise, please tell me which words say the picture was taken then. There was just a mention that the 3 rows that were reserved for Star Class were empty 5 minutes before the show start.

Nope. Above the picture it says "Feel Wow Here but not in a good way 3 rows for Star Class - 5 min before show start - empty but reserved for Star of RC". It does not say when the picture was taken. In fact, there is no mention of the picture at all. It just states that 3 rows for Star Class were empty 5 minutes before show start.

It doesn't really matter if it is 5 minutes before show or not folks. They were obviously in there and there are more than enough seats for their party, and I will add good seats, so why are they complaining?

We were on Allure in January (Diamond). Couldn't care less about a few saved seats and brushed off sales of things we didn't want to buy. Too busy having fun and enjoying our vacation. It really isn't very smart to let things like affect ones enjoyment and attitude.

The 2nd and 3rd row are for Sky Class as well, not Star only. So its the "Sky-n-Star" police, typically young women, who have an unenviable job dealing with people who don't understand the concept of reserved seating.

5 minutes, 5 seconds or 5 hours - clearly there are dozens of seats available in that pic.

Sailed Oasis in February, those reserved seating areas were given to normal folks with 10 minutes to go. But in the particular show you posted a picture of, why worry, the entire other side was near about empty. Your family is choosing to complain about nothing important with that instance. In the regular theater, we wouldn't seat in the saved seats even if we were high status, as it is too close and can't see the entire stage, IMHO.

Flaunting yours and your family's status in your post is telling me you think you should have been given the better seats. :eek:

We too did not care about the sales, and sellling, but again, we choose to ignore it and go about our business. Nobody grabed me and forced me to purchase anything.

Actually booked again for this November.

Right on sister

Maybe it's just me but if you pay a lot, and I mean a lot, more for your cabin I can understand getting a few more benefits. We are only Emerald and cruise in ocean view or balcony cabins. I have priced out some of the more expensive suites... WOW. If you can afford them that's great. I find plenty to do on the ship and have never had a problem finding a seat... Except of course by the pool LOL. Sometimes I feel like I'm listening to my kids when they were young... Not fair, how come she gets that... Ok rant over.

Sure, suite people pay more for their rooms ... and they get to enjoy the nicer room. Good for them. And I have no problem with perks that are contained to the rooms or the suit environs -- laundry or internet perks, drinks in the suite lounge -- but those perks should NEVER be lorded over other people /should NEVER make other cruisers feel as if they're second-class citizens.

In this case, your room has absolutely nothing to do with shows /seating. It's an unfair perk.

We definitely paid for our Star Class suite in April, probably 5X a standard ocean view cabin, so the reserved seating is a well deserved perk. But our Genie told us that she could only hold the seats up to 10 minutes before the show began.

If you want those seats, either wait or cruise Star Class next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the OP's picture, the only seats reserved for star class are the ones with the towels draped over the back. They don't reserve entire rows for star class, only specific seats.

We sailed star class on the Anthem. Our genie would reserve us seats for shows. Some genies would reserve front row seats for their guests, and some would reserve seats halfway back. If there were entire rows reserved for sky class, I didn't notice. Oasis class might be a different in regards to the reserving of entire rows for sky class.

Eileen

In the OP's picture, the only seats reserved for star class are the ones with the towels draped over the back. They don't reserve entire rows for star class, only specific seats.

We sailed star class on the Anthem. Our genie would reserve us seats for shows. Some genies would reserve front row seats for their guests, and some would reserve seats halfway back. If there were entire rows reserved for sky class, I didn't notice. Oasis class might be a different in regards to the reserving of entire rows for sky class.

Eileen

The venue in the pictures is Studio B, the ice rink, which isn't on Anthem. The picture shows specific reserved seats but it also looks like someone is blocking full rows from being used, which is what we have seen in our Oasis class sailings.

The venue in the pictures is Studio B, the ice rink, which isn't on Anthem. The picture shows specific reserved seats but it also looks like someone is blocking full rows from being used, which is what we have seen in our Oasis class sailings.
maybe still on Anthem but Allure there are all gone. Believe me, I used to take advantage of the seating perks for D+ all the time but they are no longer offered on Allure - only two of the suite cards and pinnacle. Front row is Star Class only. And the original poster is right, I was scoping the last two available and they opened about 5 minutes before the show began.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We definitely paid for our Star Class suite in April, probably 5X a standard ocean view cabin, so the reserved seating is a well deserved perk. But our Genie told us that she could only hold the seats up to 10 minutes before the show began.

If you want those seats, either wait or cruise Star Class next time.

Why do you feel that paying for an expensive room should give perks beyond that room?

When we were on Allure, we were seated and waiting for the headliner show to begin. There were plenty of seats available yet one couple decided to raise a ruckus because the seats they wanted were reserved. The man caused such a scene that everyone was watching him. Many commented on his rude behavior towards the Royal attendant. There are reserved seats in many venues other than cruises. I don't understand why people get so bent out of shape. If you want preferred seating, sail in a suite class that offers that perk. As much as those suites cost, those passengers deserve perks.

Why do you feel that paying for an expensive room should give perks beyond that room?

Because that's what's being offered and purchased if you buy a Star or Sky Class suite.

This is really no different than First Class or buying Diamond Club seats at a MLB game. It's the way of the world now, certainly not limited to cruising. If you can pay more, you will generally get a set of benefits that make that purchase worth the extra $$$.

Because that's what Royal offers for Star Class Suites. I don't demand any more or less than what each Suite Class is entitled to.