Wow but not in a good way

Took the pic with 12 min to go - sorry was 5 min to go by the time I posted it. It was a mid afternoon show - so it wasn't sold out.

There were no red cloths on the 2-4 rows only on 1 row but they were all reserved.

Didn't ruin our cruise at all, was just a disappointment compared to how wonderful things were on this one vs. out last Oasis class cruise.

The last one was just so awesome and this one felt less wow. More nickel and dime stuff.

As I said, mostly good, just not quite what it was last time for my parents 50th.

Not ungrateful or Unthankful and still had a good time, just mentioned things I have read others say here.

I thought before I came, it wasn't like that when we cruised, just admitting that the reviews I've read about these things are actually happening and this is the new normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Why do you feel that paying for an expensive room should give perks beyond that room?

Because, as others have said, it is an advertised benefit for suite guests. It's not like RC are the only cruise line that offer reserved seating for suite guests.

really disappointed in the constant up selling and pushing of EVERYTHING

Definitely agree with you on this! I've noticed it more on recent cruises, and it does get annoying.

Agreed, saw this on Liberty last December.

I know! I must have worked 100 of hours of OT over 18 months and 2 garage sales to pay for my star class recently. OMG. IT WAS WONDERFUL!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic and all your hard work was worth it.

Because that's what Royal offers for Star Class Suites. I don't demand any more or less than what each Suite Class is entitled to.

We are Diamond+ and have a lounge which others can't enter,but we can't go into the suite lounge but hey ho thats just the way things are.

Make the most of your cruise and don't worry if other people have different perks.

Took the pic with 12 min to go - sorry was 5 min to go by the time I posted it. It was a mid afternoon show - so it wasn't sold out.

There were no red cloths on the 2-4 rows only on 1 row but they were all reserved.

Didn't ruin our cruise at all, was just a disappointment compared to how wonderful things were on this one vs. out last Oasis class cruise.

The last one was just so awesome and this one felt less wow. More nickel and dime stuff.

As I said, mostly good, just not quite what it was last time for my parents 50th.

Not ungrateful or Unthankful and still had a good time, just mentioned things I have read others say here.

I thought before I came, it wasn't like that when we cruised, just admitting that the reviews I've read about these things are actually happening and this is the new normal.

They are taking away Diamond+ benefits on Oasis class ships.

The new Suite class is a way for RC to charge mega money and the more them and us perks they offer helps them justify their prices,i wish i could justify the cost to my wife.lol.

Currently Sailing on Allure of the Seas - aka Sales of the Seas.

Many good things and good times but really disappointed in the constant up selling and pushing of EVERYTHING. Most of the activities are either sales driven (try to sell you something) or cost extra. Trivia is the exception.

My parents bought 7 ocean view balcony cabins for the family to celebrate their 55th anniversary. They are platinum and the Rest of us are gold - just not the priority for RC

We had reservations for every show.

But made to feel like 2nd class citizens by the "Star Class police"at every show. Rows upon rows of seats reserved for Star Class. Snotty RC staff unless you are Star Class. 75% of The Star Class People don't show up and seats are not used but us lowly folks with ocean view cabins and reserved seats can't sit there.

Definitely having a good time other than these few bumps, But my parents are disappointed and the rest of us are as well. We celebrated their 50th on Oasis and felt WOW.

Feel Wow Here but not in a good way 3 rows for Star Class - 5 min before show start - empty but reserved for Star of RCd9bb109b438d1f6d94b1aace1d067876.jpg

Those aren't Star class rows. They are Sky class rows. Star class seats have their genie place a special reserved sign over it. They don't take up rows- there aren't enough star class guests to take up that many seats( only 11 cabins on the Allure).

Plus, with the amount a sky class or star class suite costs, should they not get a few extra perks?

Those aren't Star class rows. They are Sky class rows. Star class seats have their genie place a special reserved sign over it. They don't take up rows- there aren't enough star class guests to take up that many seats( only 11 cabins on the Allure).

Plus, with the amount a sky class or star class suite costs, should they not get a few extra perks?

True enough and if they open them seats up 5 minutes before show starts they are being reasonable.

Try Cunard if you want to see snobbery.

I have if you pay attention to my signature;) . QE2 back in the day was several levels of class from recollection.

That being said I have found most suite guests on RC to be very down to earth and refreshing. We have met well known suite guests that frequent this board who definately don't even come close to being snobs.

What amazes me is the ships where they still use the gold cards for suite areas and the amount of gold members that kick up huge arguments with staff about how they should be entitled to those benefits because they are gold level. No matter how many times the staff explain the card has to be gold colored not have the word gold the staff have been met with severe verbal abuse.

Just because people have paid for more perks/ benefits doesn't make them a snob. It's people's attitudes that does.

I have if you pay attention to my signature;) . QE2 back in the day was several levels of class from recollection.

That being said I have found most suite guests on RC to be very down to earth and refreshing. We have met well known suite guests that frequent this board who definately don't even come close to being snobs.

What amazes me is the ships where they still use the gold cards for suite areas and the amount of gold members that kick up huge arguments with staff about how they should be entitled to those benefits because they are gold level. No matter how many times the staff explain the card has to be gold colored not have the word gold the staff have been met with severe verbal abuse.

Just because people have paid for more perks/ benefits doesn't make them a snob. It's people's attitudes that does.

Perhaps that is why they have moved away from gold cards on the bigger ships?

Perhaps that is why they have moved away from gold cards on the bigger ships?

Probably. I just wish they'd extend it to the rest of the fleet. No ambiguity then. Still see it on other ships where they have not changed it yet.

I don't mind the concept of people paying more to get more perks, but Royal is not doing a great job with stratification. Other cruise lines have the ship within ship concept and keep high priced areas separate and distinct from "run of house" areas. With Royal, you don't really have that arrangement so they have gone more and more towards limiting access to what was commonly public areas for all to use.

As far as the sales pitches, I have usually managed to avoid them (don't use the spa services for instance) but they do irk me. Finding services and pricing is easy. If I want it, I will seek it out. I do not appreciate constantly being approached to spend more money. It erases the fantasy of being on a luxurious vacation and cheapens the experience for me, personally. I do not have a problem politely saying no, rather not be in that position to begin with.

I think the problem many people have with it is that something (in this case prime seating) is being taken away from everyone else to provide this benefit. I know you could say the same for first class seating on an airplane, but first class on airplanes has been around for a VERY long time. It wasn't just implemented.

Before the new Star, Sky. Sea Class was announced they did have Gold Card perks that also included special seating....

Sure, suite people pay more for their rooms ... and they get to enjoy the nicer room. Good for them. And I have no problem with perks that are contained to the rooms or the suit environs -- laundry or internet perks, drinks in the suite lounge -- but those perks should NEVER be lorded over other people /should NEVER make other cruisers feel as if they're second-class citizens.

In this case, your room has absolutely nothing to do with shows /seating. It's an unfair perk.

Wow!! Have you priced any of the Star Class Suits? Since they have announced the perks, the prices went WAY up!! With the prices I have seen on some of these Suites, I am surprised they are not in some form a chariot with their Genie, pushing or pulling it!

The "Suite Class" has 3 rows saved out of the ENTIRE theater. So what is that 45 seats out of 500 (guessing on the seats, please don't flame me if I off) I'm sorry that you feel like that is an unfair perk. As I said before, with those prices, they deserve a lil more than the average passenger.

Why do you feel that paying for an expensive room should give perks beyond that room?

Star class is not just the expensive room as you stated. It is similar to an all inclusive. Drink & dining package, seating, assistance, Starbucks, thermal spa day, room service,

etc. someone mentioned it was like an airline first class - very much so. We probably will only do it that one time we did it. Next cruise is a back to a regular outside stateroom and Windjammer!

I don't mind the concept of people paying more to get more perks, but Royal is not doing a great job with stratification. Other cruise lines have the ship within ship concept and keep high priced areas separate and distinct from "run of house" areas. With Royal, you don't really have that arrangement so they have gone more and more towards limiting access to what was commonly public areas for all to use..

Probably coming with Icon - probably similar to Celebrity Edge, which BTW will have the highest ratio of suites in their fleet.

If you don't like the reserved show seating for the Sky/Star/Pinnacle. You won't like it during disembarkation when the Genie will lead the Star Suite Guests right to the front of the line!

5 minutes before the show? We could barely get seats 20 minutes before the show. The only time we got seats was showing up over 30 minutes before the show. WE were on Anthem and some people had to sit on the steps even before the show started

5 minutes before the show? We could barely get seats 20 minutes before the show. The only time we got seats was showing up over 30 minutes before the show. WE were on Anthem and some people had to sit on the steps even before the show started

depends on what show

You would think from some of the complaints that people can't see the show because of the Sky and Star class rows. I've sat in the regular rows and the reserved suite rows. I enjoyed the shows just the same. I think it's always best to focus on what you have vs focusing on what other people have.

Sent from my iPad using Forums