Wow but not in a good way

Why do you feel that paying for an expensive room should give perks beyond that room?

As others have said, because that's what comes with the class. :)

You just agreed it was posted 5mins before show started,

What is your issue.

Others are reading at as these seats were available 5 mins before show started, you have quoted it.

Do you agree or disagree with yourself.

Time for me to take some more meds, because this is getting trippy

There's a difference between "I took this picture 5 minutes before the show started" and "5 minutes before seats were available" then a picture. You're reading into the words and the picture, but the words and picture are totally separate.

And....

Took the pic with 12 min to go - sorry was 5 min to go by the time I posted it.

Just think its costing them $10000 for these seats. What would you rather have.

Good way to look at it. :)

What amazes me is the ships where they still use the gold cards for suite areas and the amount of gold members that kick up huge arguments with staff about how they should be entitled to those benefits because they are gold level. No matter how many times the staff explain the card has to be gold colored not have the word gold the staff have been met with severe verbal abuse.

Why companies do that to themselves I'll never know. Don't call something gold if you already have another thing that's called gold!

Even hubby got confused. "That area is for Gold; we're Gold, right?" Nope. Different gold. And he's a smart guy, too.

There's a difference between "I took this picture 5 minutes before the show started" and "5 minutes before seats were available" then a picture. You're reading into the words and the picture, but the words and picture are totally separate.

And....

Why companies do that to themselves I'll never know. Don't call something gold if you already have another thing that's called gold!

Even hubby got confused. "That area is for Gold; we're Gold, right?" Nope. Different gold. And he's a smart guy, too.

Thanks for educating me on the diference between 5 minutes and 5 minutes. Appreciated

Seats available, where you get that from?

No doubt from picture there were seats available 12 and more than likely with 5 minutes before SHOW STARTED.

ANYWAYS

5mins, 12mins, OP had an excellent view with NO-ONE in front of them.

Some people sweat the small stuff.

I just wish they had taken the picture 7minutes before the show started. ;)

Happy Days!

OP can you post a picture of rows 1,2 and 3 exactly when the show started. Thanks

Only people consumed with jealousy will have a probably with the reserved seats on a luxury cruise. The rest of us don't care. If I walk by a Ferrari 488 I think, "good for them. Probably lots of fun to drive." If you are on a cruise you are already better off than most people on our planet.

And....

Really not that hard. [emoji12]

73fd2de971cb0aa39e98706b136ec75e.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

If you don't like the reserved show seating for the Sky/Star/Pinnacle. You won't like it during disembarkation when the Genie will lead the Star Suite Guests right to the front of the line!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Or what they think of the red carpet at guest services with a special line with priority on several ships like the Freedom.

The sign doesn't SAY "Gold cards only". There is a FRIGGIN' GIANT PICTURE of the gold card that you have to have to enter that area! :o:rolleyes:

I have if you pay attention to my signature;) . QE2 back in the day was several levels of class from recollection.

That being said I have found most suite guests on RC to be very down to earth and refreshing. We have met well known suite guests that frequent this board who definately don't even come close to being snobs.

What amazes me is the ships where they still use the gold cards for suite areas and the amount of gold members that kick up huge arguments with staff about how they should be entitled to those benefits because they are gold level. No matter how many times the staff explain the card has to be gold colored not have the word gold the staff have been met with severe verbal abuse.

Just because people have paid for more perks/ benefits doesn't make them a snob. It's people's attitudes that does.

Your signature just says ( Completed Cruises) ? What do i take attention of?

Star class is not just the expensive room as you stated. It is similar to an all inclusive. Drink & dining package, seating, assistance, Starbucks, thermal spa day, room service,

etc. someone mentioned it was like an airline first class - very much so. We probably will only do it that one time we did it. Next cruise is a back to a regular outside stateroom and Windjammer!

I believe SpursChick was discussing snobbery on Cunard with someone else;)

You can see from her COMPLETED CRUISES, she has sailed on Cunard a few times, and speaks from experience:cool:

This thread now needs the flogging of a horse, the tangents are bringing back memories of High School Geometry lessons.

Your comment to me was to sail on Cunard if I wanted to see snobbery. My response was I have if you read my signature. Perhaps you need to expand it to see it.

I know! I must have worked 100 of hours of OT over 18 months and 2 garage sales to pay for my star class recently. OMG. IT WAS WONDERFUL!!

Now THAT's funny. I just had to cut of my wife's Amazon.com shopping for 6 months. Bang!

Before the new Star, Sky. Sea Class was announced they did have Gold Card perks that also included special seating....

Wow!! Have you priced any of the Star Class Suits? Since they have announced the perks, the prices went WAY up!! With the prices I have seen on some of these Suites, I am surprised they are not in some form a chariot with their Genie, pushing or pulling it!

The "Suite Class" has 3 rows saved out of the ENTIRE theater. So what is that 45 seats out of 500 (guessing on the seats, please don't flame me if I off) I'm sorry that you feel like that is an unfair perk. As I said before, with those prices, they deserve a lil more than the average passenger.

Kinda reminds me of flying first class. Either loyalty or expensive. Poor coach folks have to walk right by those First Class people. Shameful! Duh!

They are taking away Diamond+ benefits on Oasis class ships.

The new Suite class is a way for RC to charge mega money and the more them and us perks they offer helps them justify their prices,i wish i could justify the cost to my wife.lol.

The best way to justify the cost is take her on a cruise in sky or star class. We got off Harmony June 10th in a Grand Suite. It is the only way we are going to cruise from now on.

We go 2 times a year and it worth the extra expense for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My suite card on the Allure wasn't gold, just sort of an ugly purple. Still worked, though!

There was another thread on here this week where it was mentioned that they changed the suite card colors for the Oasis Class ships (perhaps for this very reason). Star Class cards are dark blue/purple, Sky Class cards are red/maroon and Sea Class cards are light blue. It was also confirmed that the signage was updated to include these colors for the suite sun deck etc. and not gold.

The best way to justify the cost is take her on a cruise in sky or star class. We got off Harmony June 10th in a Grand Suite. It is the only way we are going to cruise from now on.

We go 2 times a year and it worth the extra expense for us.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I know.We have done 45 cruises 42 in balcony or higher and been in a GS on Brilliance. We average 3 cruises a year but would have to cut back to do the Suites.