Wow but not in a good way

Took the pic with 12 min to go - sorry was 5 min to go by the time I posted it. It was a mid afternoon show - so it wasn't sold out.

There were no red cloths on the 2-4 rows only on 1 row but they were all reserved.

Didn't ruin our cruise at all, was just a disappointment compared to how wonderful things were on this one vs. out last Oasis class cruise.

The last one was just so awesome and this one felt less wow. More nickel and dime stuff.

As I said, mostly good, just not quite what it was last time for my parents 50th.

Not ungrateful or Unthankful and still had a good time, just mentioned things I have read others say here.

I thought before I came, it wasn't like that when we cruised, just admitting that the reviews I've read about these things are actually happening and this is the new normal.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Reserved seating is not the new normal, just the red seat covers for Star Class. Reserved seating has been around a long time. What's amazing about your post is that 12 minutes before a show on a cruise ship, you're trying to post a picture to Cruise Critic of ample available seating to complain about a few reserved rows. So wrong on so many levels. :confused:

Reserved seating is not the new normal, just the red seat covers for Star Class. Reserved seating has been around a long time. What's amazing about your post is that 12 minutes before a show on a cruise ship, you're trying to post a picture to Cruise Critic of ample available seating to complain about a few reserved rows. So wrong on so many levels. :confused:

Serenade had PC and D+ in front row.

423061ba157880b657945b567361d488.jpg

Suites in second and third.

b5e3169341a6af5ee2b11b5485bf316b.jpg

No Star Class, obviously.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

So, what is the point of this post? Someone in an ocean view cabin complainIng about perks for Sky/Star/Pinnacle passengers? In this world, you pay for what you get!

If you are not happy, you can pay too. You are not happy with first class airline passengers getting onboard first in a nice wide comfy seat? Then pay for a first class ticket!

We are not all born into money, but we can save our money and enjoy it when we go on vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP you screwed up in using something as an example. All that is going on is people are now laser focused on picking apart your example instead of addressing the broader topic.

Actually, the OP screwed up by complaining they couldn't sit in seats someone else paid for.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

So, what is the point of this post? Someone in an ocean view cabin complainIng about perks for Sky/Star/Pinnacle passengers? In this world, you pay for what you get!

If you are not happy, you can pay too. You are not happy with first class airline passengers getting onboard first in a nice wide comfy seat? Then pay for a first class ticket!

We are not all born into money, but we can save our money and enjoy it when we go on vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True we are all entitled to spend our money the way we want.

Sailed Oasis in February, those reserved seating areas were given to normal folks with 10 minutes to go. But in the particular show you posted a picture of, why worry, the entire other side was near about empty. Your family is choosing to complain about nothing important with that instance. In the regular theater, we wouldn't seat in the saved seats even if we were high status, as it is too close and can't see the entire stage, IMHO.

Flaunting yours and your family's status in your post is telling me you think you should have been given the better seats. :eek:

We too did not care about the sales, and sellling, but again, we choose to ignore it and go about our business. Nobody grabed me and forced me to purchase anything.

Actually booked again for this November.

Same on our Oasis cruise. They opened up those seats and we jumped right in 😀

• 1 month later...
Currently Sailing on Allure of the Seas - aka Sales of the Seas.

Many good things and good times but really disappointed in the constant up selling and pushing of EVERYTHING. Most of the activities are either sales driven (try to sell you something) or cost extra. Trivia is the exception.

My parents bought 7 ocean view balcony cabins for the family to celebrate their 55th anniversary. They are platinum and the Rest of us are gold - just not the priority for RC

We had reservations for every show.

But made to feel like 2nd class citizens by the "Star Class police"at every show. Rows upon rows of seats reserved for Star Class. Snotty RC staff unless you are Star Class. 75% of The Star Class People don't show up and seats are not used but us lowly folks with ocean view cabins and reserved seats can't sit there.

Definitely having a good time other than these few bumps, But my parents are disappointed and the rest of us are as well. We celebrated their 50th on Oasis and felt WOW.

Feel Wow Here but not in a good way 3 rows for Star Class - 5 min before show start - empty but reserved for Star of RCd9bb109b438d1f6d94b1aace1d067876.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on the Allure in May. About 10 minutes or so from showtime, the seats are freed up for anyone. I took advantage of that. Sorry that didn't work out for you.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Sure, suite people pay more for their rooms ... and they get to enjoy the nicer room. Good for them. And I have no problem with perks that are contained to the rooms or the suit environs -- laundry or internet perks, drinks in the suite lounge -- but those perks should NEVER be lorded over other people /should NEVER make other cruisers feel as if they're second-class citizens.

In this case, your room has absolutely nothing to do with shows /seating. It's an unfair perk.

And of course that is your opinion and you are most definitely entitled to it.

My opinion is I think the reserved seats are a great perk and one of the reasons I sail in suites. I especially like the reserved seats by the pool stairs on the Freedom class. Another perk I enjoy is the ability to have breakfast in chops.

To me I am almost opposite to your view. I don't sail in a suite so much for the room, More for the benefits and perks i receive outside the room.

And of course that is your opinion and you are most definitely entitled to it.

My opinion is I think the reserved seats are a great perk and one of the reasons I sail in suites. I especially like the reserved seats by the pool stairs on the Freedom class. Another perk I enjoy is the ability to have breakfast in chops.

To me I am almost opposite to your view. I don't sail in a suite so much for the room, More for the benefits and perks i receive outside the room.

The answer is to book a suite yourself and put yourself in the star class.

Sent from my Kestrel using Forums mobile app