Wow but not in a good way

Currently Sailing on Allure of the Seas - aka Sales of the Seas.

Many good things and good times but really disappointed in the constant up selling and pushing of EVERYTHING. Most of the activities are either sales driven (try to sell you something) or cost extra. Trivia is the exception.

My parents bought 7 ocean view balcony cabins for the family to celebrate their 55th anniversary. They are platinum and the Rest of us are gold - just not the priority for RC

We had reservations for every show.

But made to feel like 2nd class citizens by the "Star Class police"at every show. Rows upon rows of seats reserved for Star Class. Snotty RC staff unless you are Star Class. 75% of The Star Class People don't show up and seats are not used but us lowly folks with ocean view cabins and reserved seats can't sit there.

Definitely having a good time other than these few bumps, But my parents are disappointed and the rest of us are as well. We celebrated their 50th on Oasis and felt WOW.

Feel Wow Here but not in a good way 3 rows for Star Class - 5 min before show start - empty but reserved for Star of RCd9bb109b438d1f6d94b1aace1d067876.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is no way that picture is 5 minutes before the start of a show with that other whole section being empty. Star class gets reserved seating, so does diamond plus. They will open the seating up 10 minutes before the show. They typically do not take the red reserved cloths off the seats until just before the show because a Genie has put them there for a Star class passenger they know are coming to the show. We have seen this happen on Allure, Oasis and Anthem, all ships that have Royal Suite Class.

Once the seats have been released, anyone can take them and people are usually waiting to scoop them up. You can also do the same if those are seats your group would prefer.

What activities are costing extra on Allure? I know Bingo costs extra, which we never play, but we were able to do all the activities we wanted, for free, when we were on Allure last month.

Sailed Oasis in February, those reserved seating areas were given to normal folks with 10 minutes to go. But in the particular show you posted a picture of, why worry, the entire other side was near about empty. Your family is choosing to complain about nothing important with that instance. In the regular theater, we wouldn't seat in the saved seats even if we were high status, as it is too close and can't see the entire stage, IMHO.

Flaunting yours and your family's status in your post is telling me you think you should have been given the better seats. :eek:

We too did not care about the sales, and sellling, but again, we choose to ignore it and go about our business. Nobody grabed me and forced me to purchase anything.

Actually booked again for this November.

You know, from my very first cruise, to now around 30, I never once felt pushed to do something, or discriminated against because of what ever category I was at the time. Now, at diamond plus, and after spending tens of thousands of dollars to RCI for my cruises, I don't feel that a few perks tossed my way is such a terrible way to treat a loyal customer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Must be a popular show with 5mins to go, I count 70 empty seats on the other side.

I wouldn't stress about Star Class

Enjoy your cruise

To be fair, they didn't say that the picture was taken 5 mins before the show. They just said that many of the Star Class seats were unused 5 mins before the show.

I don't post often but moved to reply to this post...So your sailing for free but you can't sit in the front row. Tantrum. Such a shame something so small makes you that upset. Life is short be happy. Besides Star class paid for the privilege and you did not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To be fair, they didn't say that the picture was taken 5 mins before the show. They just said that many of the Star Class seats were unused 5 mins before the show.

LOL

So they used a time machine to take the photo

Maybe it's the meds I am on, but 5mins before the show and taken 5mins before show started.

That equals 5mins

Many good things and good times but really disappointed in the constant up selling and pushing of EVERYTHING. Most of the activities are either sales driven (try to sell you something) or cost extra. Trivia is the exception.

Definitely agree with you on this! I've noticed it more on recent cruises, and it does get annoying.

LOL

So they used a time machine to take the photo

Maybe it's the meds I am on, but 5mins before the show and taken 5mins before show started.

That equals 5mins

Look again. Nowhere did they say when the picture was taken. And I'm pretty sure that anyone that's been to any of those shows would agree that it was most definitely not taken 5 minutes before the show.

My parents bought 7 ocean view balcony cabins for the family to celebrate their 55th anniversary. They are platinum and the Rest of us are gold - just not the priority for RC

We had reservations for every show.

But made to feel like 2nd class citizens by the "Star Class police"at every show. Rows upon rows of seats reserved for Star Class. Snotty RC staff unless you are Star Class. 75% of The Star Class People don't show up and seats are not used but us lowly folks with ocean view cabins and reserved seats can't sit there.

Definitely having a good time other than these few bumps, But my parents are disappointed and the rest of us are as well. We celebrated their 50th on Oasis and felt WOW.

Feel Wow Here but not in a good way 3 rows for Star Class - 5 min before show start - empty but reserved for Star of RC

What's the attraction for you to sit there? Just because they are reserved?

Look again. Nowhere did they say when the picture was taken. And I'm pretty sure that anyone that's been to any of those shows would agree that it was most definitely not taken 5 minutes before the show.
d

We can play ping pong all day

But above the image it says 5mins

Or have overdosed on my meds

There is no way that picture is 5 minutes before the start of a show with that other whole section being empty. Star class gets reserved seating, so does diamond plus. They will open the seating up 10 minutes before the show. They typically do not take the red reserved cloths off the seats until just before the show because a Genie has put them there for a Star class passenger they know are coming to the show. We have seen this happen on Allure, Oasis and Anthem, all ships that have Royal Suite Class.

Once the seats have been released, anyone can take them and people are usually waiting to scoop them up. You can also do the same if those are seats your group would prefer.

What activities are costing extra on Allure? I know Bingo costs extra, which we never play, but we were able to do all the activities we wanted, for free, when we were on Allure last month.

I'm on this cruise too. Except for checking in at T18, best I can tell there's isn't any reserved areas for D+ anymore, only suite and Pinnacle. We had reservations for every show during the week though, arrived in plenty of time and always got good seats. Six of us too. I do miss the days with all the D+ perks but it's not the end of the world and it certainly doesn't diminish the enjoyment of my cruise.

d

We can play ping pong all day

But above the image it says 5mins

Or have overdosed on my meds

Perhaps you did. While it does say 5 minutes above the image, it does not say the picture was taken at that time. If you feel otherwise, please tell me which words say the picture was taken then. There was just a mention that the 3 rows that were reserved for Star Class were empty 5 minutes before the show start.

Yes, they did!

Nope. Above the picture it says "Feel Wow Here but not in a good way 3 rows for Star Class - 5 min before show start - empty but reserved for Star of RC". It does not say when the picture was taken. In fact, there is no mention of the picture at all. It just states that 3 rows for Star Class were empty 5 minutes before show start.

For what people pay for the suites on the larger ship I feel they deserve the perks they get. I choose to sail in less expensive cabins in order to cruise several times a year. I also have never felt pressured to purchase anything I didn't want in over 30 cruises.

Perhaps you did. There is no statement that the picture was taken at any specific time. There was just a mention that the 3 rows that were reserved for Star Class were empty 5 minutes before the show start.

Nope. Above the picture it says "Feel Wow Here but not in a good way 3 rows for Star Class - 5 min before show start - empty but reserved for Star of RC". It does not say when the picture was taken. It just states that 3 rows for Star Class were empty 5 minutes before show start.

You just agreed it was posted 5mins before show started,

What is your issue.

Others are reading at as these seats were available 5 mins before show started, you have quoted it.

Do you agree or disagree with yourself.

Time for me to take some more meds, because this is getting trippy

You just agreed it was posted 5mins before show started,

What is your issue.

Others are reading at as these seats were available 5 mins before show started, you have quoted it.

Do you agree or disagree with yourself.

Time for me to take some more meds, because this is getting trippy

No, I did not agree that the picture was posted at any time. That's the point I've been trying to make. There was no statement like "this picture was taken 5 minutes before the show". If there had been, then I would agree. But there's not.

I'm guessing you've been to these shows, as have I. Do you honestly think that picture was taken 5 minutes before the show, with that many empty seats?

You know, from my very first cruise, to now around 30, I never once felt pushed to do something, or discriminated against because of what ever category I was at the time. Now, at diamond plus, and after spending tens of thousands of dollars to RCI for my cruises, I don't feel that a few perks tossed my way is such a terrible way to treat a loyal customer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I agree but now i see some of our perks are being eroded.

I don't post often but moved to reply to this post...So your sailing for free but you can't sit in the front row. Tantrum. Such a shame something so small makes you that upset. Life is short be happy. Besides Star class paid for the privilege and you did not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A lot extra on Oasis class ships.