The Three Things I Think Royal Caribbean Should Consider For Their Fleet

There were two huge Seafood Paellas in the Windjammer on the Anthem last week when we boarded.
Only on boarding... and pretty limited in terms of seafood. More rice.

Seafood choices in buffet are pretty much non-existent except for fish

The last RCI cruise I did with my family was in August 2017. My daughters were 17 and 20. There is no real hang out place for them. They try to do mingles but they do not seem to work. Maybe convert one of the many bars over for a time period to a place for them to hang and get non-alcoholic drinks. Cruises are tough for this age group.

I know that was an issue for my kids on Princess but I would have thought that Royal would have been better

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Only on boarding... and pretty limited in terms of seafood. More rice.

Seafood choices in buffet are pretty much non-existent except for fish

I have to give kudos to RCI; one night this spring on Navigator at Seafood theme night in Windjammer the spread was pretty amazing; much of it from the upcharge Chops seafood towers and way surpassing the dining room. Lots of choices. Really a sight to see.

No way Royal would give up revenue producing space for a laundromat. They are in the mode where they are putting staterooms in every nook and cranny they see,

It is kind of funny looking at the deck plans and seeing a lone cabin all by itself in what was most likely a broom closet in a previous life.

These are three things that I have been thinking for awhile that Royal Caribbean should put on their ships. Now these are just my opinion and it could be debated whether these would be paid or free experiences, but I just thought I would throw them out there.

1) Virtual Reality Experience. When you're stuck on a ship for sea days, or sometimes even many sea days, you want to find things to do that are out of the ordinary. Virtual Reality Companies like The VOID (https://www.thevoid.com/) have incredible virtual reality experiences that would be perfect for cruise ships. They only require a small stage and the actual experience is mind blowing! If anyone were to adopt these types of experiences, I would think it would be Royal Caribbean, since they are always looking for the next innovative thing to put on their ships.

2) Snow Cones. How nice would it be to relax on the pool deck with your kids and let them have a snow cone to cool off. My kids LOVE "snowies" as they call them, and I think just about most kids do. This would be a pretty cool addition to the ships.

3) Big Lazy River. I know a select few of the ships have a miniature "lazy river" in the kids play area, but think about if they had a lazy river that went around the whole ship! Yes, you would likely need more lifeguards, but how fun is the lazy river, just sitting on a tube or hanging out in the water with your kids being pushed along, and the cool views that you would get as you go. I think this would be pretty cool, even just for a select few ships that are big time family ships, maybe.

I have quite a few more ideas, but I just wanted to share these few and see what people think.

Do you have some ideas as to what you would like to see on there ships? Please feel free to share!

You left out, Unicorn petting zoo...

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I'd like some real, true port/history/geography talks, or at least a 30 minute movie or info session that isn't a port shopping commercial. Makes more sense to me on a cruise than a video game setup. I know I am in the minority.

Guess my DH & I are in the minority with you. We would love this!

I'd like some real, true port/history/geography talks, or at least a 30 minute movie or info session that isn't a port shopping commercial. Makes more sense to me on a cruise than a video game setup. I know I am in the minority.
Mariner did that on the repo for

Oman

Jordan

Isreal

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mariner did that on the repo for

Oman

Jordan

Isreal

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Was on said cruise, found the Jordan and Israel info very helpful. On Princess we Got good historical lectures, but not about any ports we were visiting.