The Three Things I Think Royal Caribbean Should Consider For Their Fleet

Disney doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

aquaduck-water-slide-00.jpg

Straighten out that course and stitch it together at the start/finish, and you've got a lazy river... :D

What Disney has is not nearly the same as a lazy river at all. I think a lazy river would have too many logistical challenges. It would have to contain MUCH more water than Disney's slide. The problem of water sloshing would have to be addressed. If the lazy river had tubes, that could become an issue with wind, with tube hogs (thogs?), and with storing the tubes at night. There could be bridges over the lazy river, but then how would wheelchairs handle that? I don't ever see a lazy river happening (although it would be fun).

Disney doesn't seem to have a problem with it.

aquaduck-water-slide-00.jpg

Straighten out that course and stitch it together at the start/finish, and you've got a lazy river... :D

Don't want to see Disney prices just to get a "lazy river" or water slide.

Two other thoughts:

• Make WOW bands standard across the fleet (or at least Oasis/Allure + Freedom class)
  • Use the WOW bands to create interactive experiences/games throughout the fleet (similar to Princess' Ocean Medallions)

They need a signature dessert, like BJs Brewhouse's "Pazookie," which is cookie dough baked in a single serving cast iron skillet...topped with vanilla bean ice cream, and drizzled with topping. I know it's just my opinion, but desserts on RC suck...which is actually good for me, because I can do without & not be upset. 🤣

And the Cupcake places are wasted space. Put those cupcakes in the Cafe Promenade and be done w/it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The chocolate chip cookie in a little skillet with ice cream and chocolate syrup was actually on the American Icon menu every night when they had Dynamic Dining. Anthem has some really good desserts. The WJ has a pie night, cake night, and cup cake night, serving acount 15 varieties of each.

How about waterskiing off the back of the ship. A couple of lifeboats can be used to pick up people who fall. They can probably get $500 a person for that excursion.

Lol!! Good one, Bob!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Ok, snow cones......NO. Dripping sugary cones... not a fan for kids or adults.

Freshly grilled hamburgers and hot dogs remind me of my second cruise as a child on Holland Americas Volendam from New York to Bermuda... yum! Bring that to Royal and I am all aboard with that!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How about waterskiing off the back of the ship. A couple of lifeboats can be used to pick up people who fall. They can probably get $500 a person for that excursion.

Funny you mention that. On our last cruise we were on the aft deck and there was a mast that I assume to be a flagpole back there. It was very sturdy and looked almost like a hoist. I was thinking that you could hook a ski rope or banana boat to it. For a nominal fee of course.

The last RCI cruise I did with my family was in August 2017. My daughters were 17 and 20. There is no real hang out place for them. They try to do mingles but they do not seem to work. Maybe convert one of the many bars over for a time period to a place for them to hang and get non-alcoholic drinks. Cruises are tough for this age group.

The last RCI cruise I did with my family was in August 2017. My daughters were 17 and 20. There is no real hang out place for them. They try to do mingles but they do not seem to work. Maybe convert one of the many bars over for a time period to a place for them to hang and get non-alcoholic drinks. Cruises are tough for this age group.

Really good idea actually. We had the same problem when travelling in the past with people that age.

1. I would really like to see an overall improvement on the food provided in the main DR and Buffet, maybe different options, more flavour. Not so bland and plain.

2. Love Bob's idea of the 30min chair enforcement

3. A little bit cheaper drink options.

I'd like some real, true port/history/geography talks, or at least a 30 minute movie or info session that isn't a port shopping commercial. Makes more sense to me on a cruise than a video game setup. I know I am in the minority.

- skip Nassau

-more port time ( Puerto Rico)

-guest game not to be during the second formal night and before 1159pm when the next day you have no day at sea

-2nd seating should join some show after dinner and not only before dinner

-better deserts

-cheap onboard water package as carnival is doing, no way I'm paying for EVIAN-NAIVE water

What Disney has is not nearly the same as a lazy river at all. I think a lazy river would have too many logistical challenges. It would have to contain MUCH more water than Disney's slide. The problem of water sloshing would have to be addressed. If the lazy river had tubes, that could become an issue with wind, with tube hogs (thogs?), and with storing the tubes at night. There could be bridges over the lazy river, but then how would wheelchairs handle that? I don't ever see a lazy river happening (although it would be fun).

On one of the DCL tours, I remember them saying DCL originally wanted a lazy river on the Dream, but for the reasons you noted and more, it morphed into the Aquaduck.

I just wish the food in the main dinning rooms would return to the glory days I've only heard about.....that's my wish.... I'm fine with a lounger and a book.....watching the ocean go by....don't really need many frills...

On one of the DCL tours, I remember them saying DCL originally wanted a lazy river on the Dream, but for the reasons you noted and more, it morphed into the Aquaduck.

I just wish the food in the main dinning rooms would return to the glory days I've only heard about.....that's my wish.... I'm fine with a lounger and a book.....watching the ocean go by....don't really need many frills...

I too wish for a return to a cruise experience that you did not get on a land based trip. Meals in the MDR many years ago, IMHO, were nightly events and we looked forward to our time each evening being served and enjoying our table mates. I do know many had issues at times, maybe every time (which if so should cause some reflection). Anyway, we never had issues with our table mates and tried to always get round tables for 8. Sailed over 30 cruises under fixed seating in MDR and only time we did have a change of table mates was when 4 Japanese guests were sat with us and the rest of their large group were at tables right around us with only Japanese guests. Our 4 table mates did not speak English. Next night we had 4 delightful Canadians sitting with us!

As Paul Williams, a song writer, has written, 'I could get back to the place but not the time'. I think that is the same for our longing of the 'old days' we remember, we miss. We come back on ships, but they have changed. To be fair, there are lots of positive changes too! Can't please all of us! :)

I love snow cones, but I can see problems on a ship. Probably the biggest issue would be needing someone to make them. With an ice cream, or whatever that stuff is, machine you just fill it once in a while. I don't think that would work with snow cones.

I love the VR idea. They have rides now that are almost all video based. That would be fun!

Maybe instead of Star Tours, like Disney, they could do a variant called Cruise Tours.

Tom

They need a signature dessert, like BJs Brewhouse's "Pazookie," which is cookie dough baked in a single serving cast iron skillet...topped with vanilla bean ice cream, and drizzled with topping. I know it's just my opinion, but desserts on RC suck...which is actually good for me, because I can do without & not be upset. 🤣

And the Cupcake places are wasted space. Put those cupcakes in the Cafe Promenade and be done w/it.

I am pretty sure it's not just you about desserts. Many people on here complain about the poor quality of the desserts.

I dont know if its been mentioned, but AIDA offers a lazy river on their newest ship

AIDAprima-Four-Elements-Lazy-River.jpg

lazy_river_aidaperla.jpg

It is cool, but check how small AIDA pools usually are...