The Three Things I Think Royal Caribbean Should Consider For Their Fleet

I dont know if its been mentioned, but AIDA offers a lazy river on their newest ship

AIDAprima-Four-Elements-Lazy-River.jpg

lazy_river_aidaperla.jpg

Thanks for sharing. Interesting. I would have done it a little different, but at least there is an example. I think kids would have a blast on this type of thing. I could see it being pretty cool to have a small area go over the side of the ship for people to see down and I probably would include it more in the sun, rather than feeling like it is indoors. Anyway, I thought it was a decent idea, but the practicality question certainly is there. It would have to be thought through, no question about that.

Edited by CruiseCheapsk8
Additions

I suspect that Royal is risk averse to the swim-up bar thing. There is a reason that you do not see swim-up bars in the CONUS. Liability insurance. The whole "pee" thing is a real turn-off but the real reason is too many stupid drunks with an easy means of drowning themselves. I love a good swim-up bar but I doubt we will ever see them on a ship or in the US (I've seen them in Puerto Rico but never in the CONUS).

I am pretty sure they had one at Moody Gardens in Galveston when we stayed there in May.

On one of the DCL tours, I remember them saying DCL originally wanted a lazy river on the Dream, but for the reasons you noted and more, it morphed into the Aquaduck.

I just wish the food in the main dinning rooms would return to the glory days I've only heard about.....that's my wish.... I'm fine with a lounger and a book.....watching the ocean go by....don't really need many frills...

Wasn't the new AIDA ship getting a lazy river on it? Not sure how big it is, but it can be done if that's true.

5 D cinema

Bowling

Better suite perks on non Oasis/Quantum class ships

NCL has full sized bowling alleys on a number of their ships. I find they're not utilized all that much. They're not gyro stabilized. Costs about $7pp/per game. We did one while docked in port and there was a slight list (due to current) and it did make for a great hook on my shots though :)

Now where's the fun in that? ;)

I just would like a unique cruising experience and it seems everyone has to have what you can get on a land based trip. I can understand there is pressure to have activities to excite kids of all ages. May be showing my age too. :)

So I would suggest things like activities around the pool including the tubing, water shooting pool area, lap pool, exercising on pool deck in a shaded area along with some other things. I like expansion of reading or music. DW like to read up top. I don't read much now and listen to books on tape. I like trivia and games where you could meet people and maybe create ad hoc teams vs pre plan teams. I love just being up top and listening to my iPod and also walking and enjoying a beer while talking to new found friends. All of which I can still do!

Again, I may be showing my age. I really don't have issue with many of the new ideas. When they start charging for sunshine, breeze and ocean views, then....

NCL has full sized bowling alleys on a number of their ships. I find they're not utilized all that much. They're not gyro stabilized. Costs about $7pp/per game. We did one while docked in port and there was a slight list (due to current) and it did make for a great hook on my shots though :)

Did you ever notice if the sway of someone drunk, offset the sway of the ship and caused a straighter ball? Or did the sways combine to make things worse?

Hopefully the ones on MSC won't be busy then!

I like the VR idea in the OP also the snow cones.

I think they should have a survivor cruise. The whole ship gets to vote the most rudest cruiser off at every port. Might help people behave better as well. The night before every port at the show you get to nominate the rudest cruiser and maybe show a video to support your nomination. Just kidding. I love all of you

We were on a Med cruise during the Splendours' last season. On the two sea days they had a BBQ by the pool, with burgers and brats. On the other day they made paella by the pool, really fascinating to watch and delicious.

I would love to see a self service laundry too. So many times while on a cruise we add extra days before returning home. It sure would save on the amount of luggage needed.

Yes to the lazy river idea. Get rid of the slides. Connect river to all the pools. Small pedestrian bridges over the river where needed. Great views along the side of the ship. Possible graduated decline from 1 deck above with terraced tide pools. Fun and relaxing. Choice of tube or not. Lights up at night. Bubble holes in places. Also jacuzzi jets in places. Put it on a new construction mega ship

The chocolate chip cookie in a little skillet with ice cream and chocolate syrup was actually on the American Icon menu every night when they had Dynamic Dining. Anthem has some really good desserts. The WJ has a pie night, cake night, and cup cake night, serving acount 15 varieties of each.

Nothing this good on Liberty.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I like the VR idea in the OP also the snow cones.

I think they should have a survivor cruise. The whole ship gets to vote the most rudest cruiser off at every port. Might help people behave better as well. The night before every port at the show you get to nominate the rudest cruiser and maybe show a video to support your nomination. Just kidding. I love all of you ��

Love this. It would be very funny and certainly improve interactions. Impractical, but funny.

DD's wish list

Laser tag

Stargazing observatory

Lazy river with option to be closed for set times to kayak in it!

Interesting ideas. The Laser Tag seems like it would be something they could put onto the Qauntum class ships in the domed area.

The lazy river closing and putting kayakers on it is not a bad idea at all if they were to put one on. Again, there are plenty of logistical items to consider, but I do think kids would have a lot of fun.

Reinstate the "Midnight Buffet", but make it a Grand Brunch once per cruise, for Diamonds+, & Suites: Include ice sculptures, carved meat, parade of deserts, high end seafood etc. Also have High Tea in the main dining room, for Emerald+ and JR. Suites and above.

Bring back the ship, staffing, dining standards of the 1990's and sell to NCL the Quantum class of vessels.

New ships should have a movie theater, like seen on Disney ships.

The room service charge, must be abolished for Emerald C&R and above!

Bring about Table-side flambee presentation dining, for JR Suites & above and Diamond Plus, Pinnacle.

The Table-side presentation will compete with Cunard Club & Grills& Princess Club Class.

An observatory is another great idea, shoot I'd settle for a guided stargazing at night.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Forums mobile app

I'm not sure how an observatory would work. Keep in mind the ship is moving, the earth is moving, and the stars are moving. Obviously land-based observatories can handle two of those since their movements are predictable, but the moving ship thing would be pretty much impossible to overcome.