The Three Things I Think Royal Caribbean Should Consider For Their Fleet

Shelton is hard core - corner aft only, preferably Vision or Radiance class.

Understood, and FWIW no way to hang a hammock on Rhapsody JS corner. That ceiling is as smooth as a baby's butt.

Plenty of anchor points on an RS. No one ever mentions that. [emoji6]

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Serious suggestions:-

• Late night Windjammer
  • Include gratuities in price of cruise
  • Bring back daily newspapers

Less Serious

Replace the Ultimate Abyss with a Log Flume. I reckon it would fit and would look much better :D

Easier to chase the sun on a lounger in the corner....

Hardcore......lol

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Understood, but cabin next door could see 90% of the balcony. And the beauty parlor about the same. The one secluded spot got zero sun.

59633856bb7dbb529aa1cda99c470a4e.jpg

5e2be37c5b335d8606e4a51f83fe75ca.jpg

2e1e626ce5f7996a1433379aab6acede.jpg

Understood, but cabin next door could see 90% of the balcony. And the beauty parlor about the same. The one secluded spot got zero sun.

59633856bb7dbb529aa1cda99c470a4e.jpg

5e2be37c5b335d8606e4a51f83fe75ca.jpg

2e1e626ce5f7996a1433379aab6acede.jpg

That would be my shady spot on Vision....

Leslie gets the sun.

The cabin next door needs to mind their own business.....right?

Never had the JS corner on Vision/Rhapsody. We've always gotten the corner below.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

I would love the snow cones!!

As for VR, I think RCI is interested since they used it to design and show off interiors, but yea, it's easy enough to do, doesn't need a permanent space so other activity can use the space at other times. Only problem is that it would take a few staff to run it.

It would be so cool too, they can have active games for the youths on one end and experiences to allow people to visit different destinations virtually to promote destinations for those not interested in games. Possibilities are endless!!

Come on RCI do it! VR is amazing!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I would! Can run be added without melting them too fast?

On the lazy river, lazy is my first name. If NCL can put a go cart track on a ship, why not a lazy river, unless having 2 million gallons 140 feet above the water line causes any issues.

Agree, can't imagine how much 2 million gallons would weigh and up that high on ship. Good idea, just wont happen.

I don't really get the lazy river idea, isn't the ship a giant metal lazy river/ocean?? If that's not enough, would chairs that flows on a little bit of water(lazy river that doesn't move) do? Cause the ship is moving anyway? Sounds like a cool idea for something on a suite balcony

What I would like to see is on new builds (can't do it on existing ships) is for ALL cabins to be as accessible as possible. Simple things like wider doors, hands free opening, grab bar by the toilet, lower threshold to the bathroom, things like that.

Many people need some of the features of an accessible room, but not necessarily all.

Some "traditional" fully accessible rooms will still be needed for those in a mobility device 24/7 but I think many people would be able to i use a non accessible room if only the door was wider for example. (Get the scooter in easily, park it to charge, then go about their day in the cabin).

Would make it a lot easier for many people to get the cabin they need without having to book 10 min after itineraries are published or miss out.

Sent from my LG-H831 using Forums mobile app

That would be my shady spot on Vision....

Leslie gets the sun.

The cabin next door needs to mind their own business.....right?

Never had the JS corner on Vision/Rhapsody. We've always gotten the corner below.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

Our friends Mike and Doris had the cabin below.

• 11 months later...

I loved the idea someone mentioned about a lecture or "talk" the day or evening before a port.

Also, I remember wishing for a good news stand/book store at the port.about that country.

Was in Costa Rica yrs ago, and there was a newspaper for English speakers, Tico Times i think, with Costa Rican news issues.

I loved buying Spanish little kid story books and used them when teaching Spanish. Some were Eng/Span. Also, shops on ship could sell neat posters, etc, from the port countries instead of just perfume, watches, etc.

Edited by Etta1213

Truly, a laundromat would be so welcome. It doesn't take up much space - a few machines can fit in many places. Oceania has this feature and it honestly makes me want to use them over RCCL. We are often traveling several weeks before or after a cruise and don't want to haul so much luggage. We used Oceania's machines a lot.

Agree with port lectures not related to shopping and stargazing class. How about a tee shirt sale with shirts that apply to the cruise, (e.g. don't sell Baltic shirts In the Med). Campfire night around big screen with "virtual" fire pit and s'mores?

Truly, a laundromat would be so welcome. It doesn't take up much space - a few machines can fit in many places. Oceania has this feature and it honestly makes me want to use them over RCCL. We are often traveling several weeks before or after a cruise and don't want to haul so much luggage. We used Oceania's machines a lot.

No way Royal would give up revenue producing space for a laundromat. They are in the mode where they are putting staterooms in every nook and cranny they see,

They need a signature dessert, like BJs Brewhouse's "Pazookie," which is cookie dough baked in a single serving cast iron skillet...topped with vanilla bean ice cream, and drizzled with topping. I know it's just my opinion, but desserts on RC suck...which is actually good for me, because I can do without & not be upset. 🤣

And the Cupcake places are wasted space. Put those cupcakes in the Cafe Promenade and be done w/it.

I stopped eating a lot of the desserts a while ago as they look much better than they taste, hasn't stopped me gaining weight on a cruise though! :D

I used a swim up bar once. ONCE. I know people pee in pools. I know it happens. Swim up bars where multiple people are giggling about how many times they've peed since they got there? No thanks. I hopped out immediately. That was my one visit and I'm sure it's atypical, but highly likely.

1991 I was on the Crown Princess. The newest ship in the fleet at the time. They had a swim up bar. What’s worse than urine is vomit. Had to close down the pool and drain it. Wouldn’t catch me in any swim up bar anyplace. Cruise ships have enough issues with hygiene. They don’t need another one.