Non-Refundable Deposit

I'd like some clarification from the experts please as I just spent 40 minutes on the phone with a very non helpful RC agent.

I have two reservations for next year - the Anthem in March that is a NCC with a $75 onboard credit and the Jewel TA in November that I had to pay the full deposit for.

I am canceling the Anthem and wanted to use the NCC to change it to the Jewel sailing so I'd get my deposit back.

The price is about $100 higher but it shows I'd get my balcony discount and an additional $100 credit due to the current promotion.

Am I wrong in thinking this? After the agent told me I'd have to pay the $100 change fee and I corrected her, she told me I couldn't combine the two credits to total $175 and if I did, the cruise price would go up $500.

I asked her to transfer me to someone higher and she put me back in the queue.

I'd just like clarification so I know I'm asking for the right thing please [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'd like some clarification from the experts please as I just spent 40 minutes on the phone with a very non helpful RC agent.

I have two reservations for next year - the Anthem in March that is a NCC with a $75 onboard credit and the Jewel TA in November that I had to pay the full deposit for.

I am canceling the Anthem and wanted to use the NCC to change it to the Jewel sailing so I'd get my deposit back.

The price is about $100 higher but it shows I'd get my balcony discount and an additional $100 credit due to the current promotion.

Am I wrong in thinking this? After the agent told me I'd have to pay the $100 change fee and I corrected her, she told me I couldn't combine the two credits to total $175 and if I did, the cruise price would go up $500.

I'd just like clarification so I know I'm asking for the right thing please [emoji4]

You cannot just "apply" the NCC to an existing cruise. You would have to cancel the Jewel cruise (losing any booking promos and whatever price you had) and then change the NCC to to Jewel, at current price. You should not lose the deposit you had on Anthem and you should also keep the OBC from booking on board, as long as you didn't take the instant OBC when you booked Anthem.

You cannot just "apply" the NCC to an existing cruise. You would have to cancel the Jewel cruise (losing any booking promos and whatever price you had) and then change the NCC to to Jewel, at current price. You should not lose the deposit you had on Anthem and you should also keep the OBC from booking on board, as long as you didn't take the instant OBC when you booked Anthem.

Thanks and yes I'm going to cancel the Jewel cruise after I make the switch. There was no additional OBC with Anthem, just from it being an NCC.

I'll wait for another promotion to come around. I find talking to a C&A rep to be much more helpful.

Thanks and yes I'm going to cancel the Jewel cruise after I make the switch. There was no additional OBC with Anthem, just from it being an NCC.

I'll wait for another promotion to come around. I find talking to a C&A rep to be much more helpful.

Remember, final payment is coming up for Jewel, so if you want to roll the dice on that one, you can cancel Jewel before final, and hold on to Anthem, hoping that Jewel prices go down and make the switch then. It's a crapshoot.

Remember, final payment is coming up for Jewel, so if you want to roll the dice on that one, you can cancel Jewel before final, and hold on to Anthem, hoping that Jewel prices go down and make the switch then. It's a crapshoot.

This is for the 2018 Jewel TA [emoji4]

Ultimately, I know I'm not going on the Anthem anymore so I'd like to use my NCC deposit for the Jewel instead and get back the heavy deposit I paid for that reservation.

You can also use your booking number from your Anthem Cruise to book the Jewel Cruised and then you can keep the low deposit.

Slightly off topic. On my upcoming Harmony cruise I happened to notice that the suite guarantee price was more expensive than the Refundable price for the JS. What ??? If they were guaranteeing something higher than a JS that would make sense but you know that's not gonna happen....

Slightly off topic. On my upcoming Harmony cruise I happened to notice that the suite guarantee price was more expensive than the Refundable price for the JS. What ??? If they were guaranteeing something higher than a JS that would make sense but you know that's not gonna happen....

I don't know why the "W" guarantee price is sometimes higher than the JS, but I've seen a couple of times. I'm still a bit concerned that the VP staterooms will be considered suites and eligible for "W" assignments.

I'm still a bit concerned that the VP staterooms will be considered suites and eligible for "W" assignments.

What are the chances of getting one of only two cabins on a sailing that usually is reserved for 4+ occupancy?

I booked my 2018 cruise before this new NRD option went into effect. I'm assuming that I will not be affected by this if I need to cancel before the the final balance is due, correct? RCI wouldn't change the terms and conditions of my cruise, would they?

I booked my 2018 cruise before this new NRD option went into effect. I'm assuming that I will not be affected by this if I need to cancel before the the final balance is due, correct? RCI wouldn't change the terms and conditions of my cruise, would they?

You should not be affected by the new policy, unless you re-price your booking. For example, if you see a price drop, and that new price is based on a NRD, then your booking would be subject to the NRD terms.

You should not be affected by the new policy, unless you re-price your booking. For example, if you see a price drop, and that new price is based on a NRD, then your booking would be subject to the NRD terms.

Perfect! Thanks, Bob!

They didn't make everything non refundable. They only added a non refundable option for people who want a lower price in exchange for it. Everyone else can still do the refundable rate, and if you booked a rate that is non refundable then it's obviously still non refundable.

I don't know why the "W" guarantee price is sometimes higher than the JS, but I've seen a couple of times. I'm still a bit concerned that the VP staterooms will be considered suites and eligible for "W" assignments.

According to the following description of a W stateroom from RCCL, the VP staterooms should not be eligible for a W assignment, but then, we are dealing with RCCL.

"Stateroom Features

All staterooms and suites come complete with private bathroom, vanity area, hair-dryer, closed-circuit TV, radio and phone.

W - Deluxe Stateroom Guarantee (297 sq. ft., balcony 94 sq. ft) Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King size bed, private balcony, sitting area (some with sofa bed) and private bathroom.

Note: A Royal King measures 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long."

Carla

According to the following description of a W stateroom from RCCL, the VP staterooms should not be eligible for a W assignment, but then, we are dealing with RCCL.

"Stateroom Features

All staterooms and suites come complete with private bathroom, vanity area, hair-dryer, closed-circuit TV, radio and phone.

W - Deluxe Stateroom Guarantee (297 sq. ft., balcony 94 sq. ft) Two twin beds that convert to a Royal King size bed, private balcony, sitting area (some with sofa bed) and private bathroom.

Note: A Royal King measures 72.5 inches wide by 82 inches long."

Carla

Thanks, I guess as long as it says "balcony", it cannot be a VP.

Because their policy goes by what their web site says?

Know what it says today, but that's not saying they have even thought about changing the description!! Notice the W descriptions say a radio is in all Suites - don't believe I've ever had a radio in a JS!

Carla

Royals "great" IT dept. Struck again a couple of days ago. While surfing the Royal site I spotted a Harmony sailing for Aug 19. The :NRD" price for a CP balcony was $615 PP with D+ discount. I grabbed it immediately. Total was $1444 for both of us.

The NRD should not have been applicable. The final payment date had passed months ago. So cancellation would have cost more than the deposit.

Again their error is my gain. I wish there were a contest to see who spent the least to make it to pinnacle

Royals "great" IT dept. Struck again a couple of days ago. While surfing the Royal site I spotted a Harmony sailing for Aug 19. The :NRD" price for a CP balcony was $615 PP with D+ discount. I grabbed it immediately. Total was $1444 for both of us.

The NRD should not have been applicable. The final payment date had passed months ago. So cancellation would have cost more than the deposit.

Again their error is my gain. I wish there were a contest to see who spent the least to make it to pinnacle

Glad it worked out for you. That same sailing was showing JS's priced at $1099 pp yesterday. Well when you went further into the process the price jumped up to over $1600 pp, no thanks. Don't know if there ever really were any cabins at that price or not.