Non-Refundable Deposit

To me, on my cruise, it wasn't smoke and mirrors, unless you think a $400.00 saving plus $100.00 OBC is smoke and mirrors. This isn't against any new price increase for refundable. I actually changed the cruise from a refundable to a NR.

In many cases the old refundable rate was similar to the new NDR rate, so in reality it is the new refundable rate that is that much more expensive.

I think that's the way it will be when the new releases come out next year.

If you switch from RD to NFD before final payment, do you get the OBC?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The OBC associated with the NRD is only for bookings made or transferred 6 months or more prior to sail date. Within 6 months of sail date there is no OBC for the NRD.

Since the Vietnamese post includes a link, it looks like they're simply trying to play games with search engines' algorithms by scattering links to a particular site in order to improve the "quality" of that site in the eyes of the search engines (sometimes as a way to make malware sites more readily visible to unsuspecting users). I bet that link can be found in many low-quality posts at various other forums on the internet.

If you change to another ship/sailing at the refundable rate, then you don't have to add to the deposit. If you switch to a non-refundable rate, then you have to pay full deposit.
I just switched a cruise (changed ship and sailing date). I booked it before July 1. The only choice I had was refundable but I was able to keep my $100 deposit and my OBC.

I just switched a cruise (changed ship and sailing date). I booked it before July 1. The only choice I had was refundable but I was able to keep my $100 deposit and my OBC.

Good to hear something is working as expected.:)

To me, on my cruise, it wasn't smoke and mirrors, unless you think a $400.00 saving plus $100.00 OBC is smoke and mirrors. This isn't against any new price increase for refundable. I actually changed the cruise from a refundable to a NR.

I am glad you were able to save some money.:)

I can only speak of my cruise I have booked where the non refundable fare is still the same as the fare was before this went into affect. The refundable fare is now more money.

Just a way to raise prices if you don't want to jeopardize your deposit.

Of course all cruises aren't going to work out the same.Again just basing it on the cruise I have booked.

Bill

In the UK we have never had this luxury and had to pay a £300 deposit but last week i booked and they only wanted £150 deposit.

My confusion is that the poster said the replacement sailing had to be the same length - I've never heard of that restriction.

My confusion is that the poster said the replacement sailing had to be the same length - I've never heard of that restriction.
I never had before. I'm not 100% sure the C&A booking agent was right. This just applied for cruises booked before July 1, 2017 when the non-refundable fares went into effect.