Truly water proof

kenholt

I used this. Big enough to carry a couple of cards and some case. You can stick it in your pocket or around your neck.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001P5ZZ6I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have something identical, totally waterproof, kept everything dry even in the pocket of swim trunks underwater.

I used this. Big enough to carry a couple of cards and some cash. You can stick it in your pocket or around your neck.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001P5ZZ6I/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I've used several of those in the past, and they work great, for a while. I don't know what happens, but after a year or two, mine have started to leak.

I have dry bags for iPhones for us so we can swim with our devices and take pictures in the water (got some great video of feeding stingrays!) and we kept our IDs and ship cards in the same bag, just making sure they didn't obstruct the camera lens.

Whatever you decide on, make sure you do a thorough test at home by putting tissues in the box or bag and submerging it under water (use something heavy to hold it under if needed) for at least 20-30 minutes. We had a tiny leak in one bag that would have destroyed a phone, but we had plenty of time to contact the seller and get a replacement that was sound.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I have dry bags for iPhones for us so we can swim with our devices and take pictures in the water (got some great video of feeding stingrays!) and we kept our IDs and ship cards in the same bag, just making sure they didn't obstruct the camera lens.

Just got a pair of those too for snorkeling pictures on an excursion next week.

A ziplock bag!;p

Completely agree! We purchased several kinds of what-we-thought-would-be-waterproof wallets and small bags for one of our cruises, and all of them either leaked or were just too bulky and not comfortable. Now hubby puts our things in a small zipper baggie and puts that in the pocket of his swim trunks. Neat and sweet. :D

You can also put your iPhone in a small zipper baggie to keep it dry and sand-free at the beach. Still works without even taking it out of the bag.

I used this. Big enough to carry a couple of cards and some cash. You can stick it in your pocket or around your neck.

We won at least 6 of these playng trivia on RCCL, still have a couple, but as Bob said sooner or later they will start to leak a little

Edited by George C
add word

They never seem to work for me, thanks

I agree, no way I am putting an iphone in a ziploc bag. We have an Aquapac that we have taken a phone in the water many times. We had one of the little, hard plastic waterproof holders that someone linked. Was great for years and this last cruise it was leaked. DH opened it and had to pour out the water.:eek:

I bought a case for my iPhone to take scuba diving.

I've taken it down over 100 feet over 20 times.

My iPhone is fine.

No it is not the iPhone that I use for calling. I just use an old iPhone for taking pictures or videos underwater.

If you really want to keep your credit cards and cash dry, I would go with this option.

It will not fit in your pocket

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

...You can also put your iPhone in a small zipper baggie to keep it dry and sand-free at the beach. Still works without even taking it out of the bag.

... no way I am putting an iphone in a ziploc bag.

I am quoting myself and then replying, but I didn't mean to put an iPhone in a zipper baggie and take it in the ocean; I said "at the beach" and that's all I really meant.(y) I saw my sister do that on our last cruise and I thought it was brilliant. She was texting with it and it stayed clean and sand-free. :)

The original question concerned cards and money. They don't need to stay dry. If you want to keep them dry, don't waste money on an expensive holder use a plastic bag.

Blue Sky waterproof waist packs, sold on Amazon. I put my phones inside and they stayed dry. Waist packs also don't float in front of your face while snorkeling or swimming like the neck pouches. The company is a family owned company and I contacted the owner because I was so happy with them and he wrote me back thanking me for letting them know how the packs worked for me.

Any suggestions on a truly water proof wallet for my cards/cash etc. ?