Hotels in Fort Lauderdale.

mrshersh

The Pillars- boutique hotel; impeccable service; private members only restaurant that guests can dine at. Certainly not cheap, but if you want to start a vacation off right, it's worth it!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have done the Embassy Suites a couple times. It is close to the port, within walking distance of stores and restaurants, and a generally nice hotel. Only downside is it is VERY popular with cruisers. So expect very large crowds on the week-ends (with prices to match - be sure to book early).

Our favorite is the Doubletree which is located right on the intracoastal and is a water taxi stop. Very convenient - also within walking distance of a shopping center, restaurants and a grocery store. It has gone a bit downhill over the years but overall is still a good choice.

Stayed once at Hilton Marina (can you tell, we are in the Hilton Honors program:)). We had mixed feelings about that hotel. It is a short walk to the water taxi also, as well as a bit of a longer walk to restaurants but certainly within reach. The rooms were a bit small but overall a decent choice if you like Hilton properties.

Lots of cruisers do the Embassy Suites on 17th. Close to the airport and pier, great breakfast.. I'm doing it in Sept.

This is where we are staying in Feb. Glad to see it comes recommended!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you coming just the night before your cruise or staying for a couple of days? We stay at one of the airport hotels with shuttles if just the night before, last time we stayed for a few days and liked the Marriott Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Beach.

We stay at the Hampton Inn Cruise Port North or Embassy Suites.

Us too.....I like them both equally as well, there's also a Hilton Garden Inn that's a little cheaper than Embassy and has a restaurant. All three of them will pick you up at the airport and bring you to the ship free and I know Garden Inn will store your car while you cruise if you drive down and stay there.

We have done the Embassy Suites a couple times. It is close to the port, within walking distance of stores and restaurants, and a generally nice hotel. Only downside is it is VERY popular with cruisers. So expect very large crowds on the week-ends (with prices to match - be sure to book early).

We stayed here a few months ago because of its popularity but would not stay there again. Extremely crowded and not very good organization by the hotel in keeping the lines from getting clogged up. One of the draws is their complimentary happy hour which also has a small buffet. It was hard to get a drink because of the crowds and the buffet was not restocked in a timely manner. Their morning breakfast area was also packed with people. Our room was also in need of updating. It was not worth the price for us.

Hi.

We are hoping to stay in fort Lauderdale as a family and was wondering if there was any recommended hotels with easy access to the beach.

I haven't stay there yet but it comes highly recommended on TripAdvisor and again in this thread ... it is Lago Mar in Fort Lauderdale Beach. It is not too far to Port Everglades and does have access to its own beach. I read they even provide a little cart in your room with a pop up umbrella and other beach items. Many of the rooms are suites so would work well for a family ... and on certain dates, they are available for around $200 per suite per night....and no resort fee. I understand the onsite restaurants are pretty reasonable as well. I booked it for an after cruise stay for later this year.

We have stayed at the Hilton Marina once and will return to the Embassy Suites for the third time in December. We like the Embassy for room size and proximity to shopping and restaurants. The Hilton was nice as well but it was a bit farther from the area we wanted to be in. The Embassy does get busy on weekends but we always just hop in our own taxi to avoid the lines of people waiting for the hotel shuttle. Only costs us about $15 at most to get to the cruise pier and it's faster, too!

Hi.

We are hoping to stay in fort Lauderdale as a family and was wondering if there was any recommended hotels with easy access to the beach.

There are a ton of hotels right across the street from the beach, and a couple that are right on the beach (big Marriott, Lago Mar) - just depends on your budget.