Equinox Mast Grill Now Extra Cost

TommyD3

Ha, that wouldn't surprise me if they attempted that as well. I think a lawyer is gong to win far more money for Celebrity's blatant false advertisIng than Celebrity will make from selling faux Kobe dogs & burgs. Then they will need to come up with a whole new scheme to recoup that $$$$$.
The Kobie Beef farmers didn't trademake their beef. Anyone can use the term. So a soy burger and be called Kobie. Can't be sued. Just know that if it is real Kobie Beef a Kobie Beef burger will sell for around $34.00 US.

Trying to post the menu again:

ry%3D480

Can someone tell me the instructions to post a full resolution Shutterfy link here on CC? I used the instructions in a thread here on CC - Select the image, right mouse click on the image and select copy, then paste into CC. It takes my 2 MB picture and posts a 25KB image on CC. Text is not readable. Thanks.

Not sure about that but if you can load it via the tapatalk app it should load a lot better [emoji1360]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

How can you exercise for 2 hrs a day with only one meal? Not possible.

What I said in an earlier post as I gently don't eat breakfast or lunch I may have oatmeal or maybe a small salad and I realize people with health problems need to eat so what did that have to do with my post when I said that I exercise? The whole idea of this thread was to talk about the Mast Grill and now people are all over the place

The Kobie Beef farmers didn't trademake their beef. Anyone can use the term. So a soy burger and be called Kobie. Can't be sued. Just know that if it is real Kobie Beef a Kobie Beef burger will sell for around $34.00 US.

Kobe beef is a registered trademark of the Kobe Beef Marketing and Distribution Promotion Association. The US lack of legal recognition of the trademark doesn't negate its existence.

Sent it at time of posting. No response yet but apparently the e-mail went through.

Should you not get a response, if you like, you might then try sending it to LLP's boss, Richard Fain <richardfain@rccl.com>. He oversees all of RCL corporate as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. He'll probably sluff it off to an assistant but chit rolls down hill.

How can you exercise for 2 hrs a day with only one meal? Not possible.

My DH usually does not eat either breakfast or lunch and he works out in the morning and then runs 6 miles. Then leaves for work at 6:00am and is a Chef.

On a cruise he will go to the buffet and have a whole banana for breakfast but typically only eats dinner.

Total fake news. Not only can you be sued, in the US there were multiple lawsuits, all successful, during the past few years. It is no different than a jewelry store labeling something diamonds that are cubic zirconia or a watch shop calling something a Rolex that is a knock-off. It's not a trademark issue, it's a false advertising issue. Slam dunk case. From some posts from people in the U.K., it sounds like this practice is illegal there as well.

FYI it is Kobe, not Kobie and a "real" Kobe beef burger doesn't exist for a few reasons: The price would actually be WELL over $34, the fat content of Kobe beef is far too high for use in a burger and it is extremely rare outside of Japan (and even an expensive delicacy there).

My DH usually does not eat either breakfast or lunch and he works out in the morning and then runs 6 miles. Then leaves for work at 6:00am and is a Chef.

On a cruise he will go to the buffet and have a whole banana for breakfast but typically only eats dinner.

You talk a lot of B.S. . If the both of you really are into health & fitness skipping 2 meals is the height of stupidity. I too go to the gym every day but have 3 meals on the cruises I take. Not one true health or fitness expert would condone skipping 2 meals and eating only dinner. You have no idea what your talking about.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Forums mobile app

Where is the like button?

You talk a lot of B.S. . If the both of you really are into health & fitness skipping 2 meals is the height of stupidity. I too go to the gym every day but have 3 meals on the cruises I take. Not one true health or fitness expert would condone skipping 2 meals and eating only dinner. You have no idea what your talking about.

Should you not get a response, if you like, you might then try sending it to LLP's boss, Richard Fain <richardfain@rccl.com>. He oversees all of RCL corporate as Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. He'll probably sluff it off to an assistant but chit rolls down hill.

It is amazing to me that the X brain trust thought 10 dollar hot dogs and burgers at a popular and formerly 'free' venue would fly under the radar.

All this burger talk, I'm craving a burger for dinner. [emoji488]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'm really a fan of the Spa Cafe on the Celebrity ships. For Breakfast we would have the Apple Cider Oatmeal, Sliced Pineapple, and a couple of those yummy mini muffins! For Lunch definitely a salad and their simply Grilled Salmon!

I'm really a fan of the Spa Cafe on the Celebrity ships. For Breakfast we would have the Apple Cider Oatmeal, Sliced Pineapple, and a couple of those yummy mini muffins! For Lunch definitely a salad and their simply Grilled Salmon!

I've always missed out on that one, but for breakfast I usually order a continental breakfast in or go to Blu. I will keep your suggestion in mind for when we go in April.

I doubt they are freshly grinding the meat on-board; as such medium-rare would be risky. While medium rare does yield the best flavor/texture, one is better off with medium for burgers if they are not from freshly ground, high quality beef sourced from a farm with very high standards. Anytime a place refers to their product as the "world's best" (or some similar wording) I significantly lower my expectations.

Speaking of burgers, we had grass fed filet mignon in the frezeer and decided that maybe the texture would not be as good when defrosted so what is the solution? Make burgers! Now some might cringe at the idea of grinding filet mignon for burgers but OMG! It was delish! Freshly ground at home with homemade buns and greens/tomatoes from our garden. I would pay more than $10 if this was offered on X but I am with Gonzo here and until proven wrong, I am a big skeptical on the claims made by X. Good thing I never cared for them before but feel bad for those that enjoyed it.

Dear Moderators: please put this thread out of our misery.

As much as this whole fiasco perpetrated by Celebrity annoys me, and having multiple posts to this thread myself, I have to agree with you.

It has spiralled from one cretin slamming overweight people, to experts debating diet and exercise habits.

It's becoming pretty clear that Celebrity is intent on eliminating free food by the pool in an attempt to boost their bottom line ($10 for a veggie burger?), and all the bitching and moaning here is not going to change that. The only hope is a massive email campaign, or a boycott of the venue, probably the latter.

I will be on the Equinox the end of August for The President's Cruise. By then it will have been over a month since the changes at the Mast Grill. It will be interesting to see how it is being received and whether the changes will be addressed in some fashion by LLP.

Bo, it is 0% Kobe beef and I say that with 100% certainty. And it is an issue; it is like a watch vendor selling and calling something a Rolex that is a far inferior knockoff.

I guess it should be called Faux-be beef.

I think it should be kept open for a while, simply because many people don't check CC on a daily basis. It's only been a couple days.

Why don't you just move on if you don't like the thread. Many of us feel this thread is important. This thread is one way for cruisers to stay informed, learn about changes, and as you can tell many of us do not like this new change. Hopefully Celebrity will see this and understand we do not approve of this change.

Just WOW. I tell you my DH typically only eats one meal a day and you tell me I don't know what I am talking about? He's in amazing health too.

You should try reading the posts before making such comments and calling people stupid.

Edited by Jade13