Equinox Mast Grill Now Extra Cost

TommyD3

Duh!! Did they really think it would be popular?

It doesn't work that way. It wasn't done to be popular, just someone's idea of how to raise revenue.

Had it raised enough revenue, someone would have likely gotten a nice bonus in his next performance review.

Celebrity finally called me back. The representative said the trial of TDBB was stopped on Equinox because "uhhh, it did not go over very well". Looking forward to our cruise next week with no $10 hot dogs, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hurray😀😀

Have two cruises booked on Equinox!!

That's a shame, but inevitable. Do you still get to sit out in the blazing sun while "enjoying" your $10 burger? That was hard enough when it was free. Sorry Celebrity, others can enjoy your new "for fee" venue. This cruiser will not partake.

Viking offers you a very good - cooked for you burgers with all the dressings and a glass of wine for lunch with no up charge ! You can't beat it and I'm a Burger Lover and to top it off you can sit in the shade ! What more could you ask for !

Who would pay for the upgrade?

Read the post again. I suggested they upgrade the current product offering with no additional charge. THAT means no additional charge. How do companies do that!!? They run scenarios and many times get more business due to the update/upgrade and that pays for it since you are worried about WHO will pay for it. They also do it to set themselves apart from the competition or set a higher industry standard and again, count on more business to pay for it indirectly. Sometimes, it is a cost of doing business to change and update/upgrade product/service offerings, thus Celebrity would pay for it using your terminology.

You keep asking who would pay for the upgrade You continue to assume that if they make something better, you (we) have to pay for it directly and specifically! Incredible! Companies have to love your attitude. They can do nothing to better their product because you are okay with it AND if they do improve their product, YOU seem to feel an obligation to pay more!

What if they reduce the value of their product or service. Do YOU expect them reduce their price?! Do you ask for a refund?

Mast Grill was back to normal last week on the Equinox. Interestingly, Sushi on Five offered our picky eater child "Kobe beef burger" instead!

Sure hope they keep the Mast Grill that way. Always enjoyed their burgers & fries.

Celebrity must be toying with doing away with Sushi on Five if they are offering a burger there. I've never seen many people eating there and personally I will never forfeit a meal that is already paid for just so that I can pay even more for Sushi that is no better then what I can get locally. Bring back Bistro on Five and I'll be there several times the cruise.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

Sure hope they keep the Mast Grill that way. Always enjoyed their burgers & fries.

Celebrity must be toying with doing away with Sushi on Five if they are offering a burger there. I've never seen many people eating there and personally I will never forfeit a meal that is already paid for just so that I can pay even more for Sushi that is no better then what I can get locally. Bring back Bistro on Five and I'll be there several times the cruise.

Sent from my ZTE A2017U using Forums mobile app

I'm surprised they don't experiment with a pop up street food cafe concept at what is now Sushi On Five. They could offer a small set meal or a limited choice Table D'Hote menu. Street food can be cooked using simple ingredients, quickly and In kitchens with simple facilities.

Mexican, Thai, Indian, and even "gourmet" burgers etc could be offered on different themed nights. I think it would appeal to a wider audience than Sushi and I would have thought some people would dine more than once coming back for different themes.

I suspect Celebrity would price it at a level where people go "what? That much for street food? " :-)

I'm surprised they don't experiment with a pop up street food cafe concept at what is now Sushi On Five. They could offer a small set meal or a limited choice Table D'Hote menu. Street food can be cooked using simple ingredients, quickly and In kitchens with simple facilities.

Mexican, Thai, Indian, and even "gourmet" burgers etc could be offered on different themed nights. I think it would appeal to a wider audience than Sushi and I would have thought some people would dine more than once coming back for different themes.

I suspect Celebrity would price it at a level where people go "what? That much for street food? " :-)

LOVE that idea! Definitely dovetails to the demographic and direction the cruiseline wants to aspire to. Something different, out of the box! On land your concept would be housed in a couple of cargo containers!